Noone talks about how uselles mindbreaker is

It's desinged to counter exhaustion perks. You waste one perk slot to counter perks that survivors may not have, and even if so, this perk doesn't do it's job. As i can see this perk counter sprintburst the most. But it just takes 3 seconds to get your sprint burst back. You can just throw a pallet, then walk for few seconds, and it becomes old abusable sprintburst, you can use whenever you want. It actually makes SB better. What a joke perk.

Comments

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

Its actually more useful against deadhard imo, as it prevents the anti heal genrush squads from going instantly to a gen to try and pop it. however it should have its gen percentage raised considerably, as its only really useful at the start of a match despite that not being its intended purpose (as the demogorgon and all of its perks become stronger towards the endgame, ie surge allowing for potential 3 gen strategys, cruel limits becoming more useful as there are less pallets avalible etc etc.)

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
  • TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

It hasn't been useless for My Pig Build: Mindbreaker, PGTW, BBQ, Thana. + Amanda's Letter, Video tape. Before mindbreaker Trying an ambush attack almost always resulted in survivors Sprint Bursting away, now however, I'm getting plenty of successful ambush attacks. The only thing that could make my build better is the new Dying Light, but that's bug ridden atm and I haven't been able to properly test it.

Other than on Pig, I haven't really tried it with anyone else yet, so I don't know how good or bad it will be. In theory with Freddy it has potential to keep survivors from gaining too much distance with a SB when teleporting to a gen they were working on, but idk, that 5 seconds of teleporting gives them ample time to shrug off the exhaustion effect, so its probably not that good in practice.

I agree, it would be much better if it either kept the exhaustion on them for 6-10 seconds after leaving the gen, or if it affected them if the gen was under 75% done. As it is right now however, its really niche with who can actually get an advantage from it.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

The duration of the exhaustion needs to be considerably raised. At the moment it ONLY works reliably against sprint burst, and really only delays when that happens. As it is it's VERY easy to wait out 5 seconds of not sprinting in a chase either behind a pallet, or in a jungle gym.

It also stops working altogether if they gens to a higher percentage so it isn't even like it affects them every time, only really early game.

It's just too crappy to ever consider.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

In which case it has nothing to do with exhausting them, just stealth.

• Sauceman_Tim
    Sauceman_Tim Member Posts: 106

In my opinion surge has become great to use. Ive never been able to actually use cruel limits that well as gens always get done while I'm in a chase and never in my face.

Mind breaker is absolutely not that great. Great idea but the limitation to it is absurd. After a gen hits 50% you may as well have an empty slot. It doesn't work well on demogorgon because his stealth ability isn't entirely that stealthy. He lets everyone know he's about to portal so everyone is immediately alert and on lookout to see where he might be coming from. Ghostface and pig might work well with him but I'm yet to test that out

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited September 2019

Its just useful against DH, BL, etc.

Its honestly worthless if Survivors can play without their exhaustion perks...

• Ksoni

It isn't survivors can wait behind a pallet for few seconds and they get thier perk back.

• FireHazard

Than its worthless, why would I use it lmao.

It should have a hindred effect if anything, not a exhaustion effect...

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

With Nancy's new walk faster perk, a lot of people want to try pairing it with Sprint Burst (I do, just haven't unlocked it yet). Maybe it's supposed to help counter all the people doing that.

• Ksoni

Or make exhausted survs repeair gens slower as passive

• FireHazard

Or something, not a 5 seond exhaustion debuff... Thats not worth a perk slot... Nobody in the right mind repairs gens when they're injured, unless they know they won't be found.

• Ksoni
    edited September 2019

Nobody will feel the diffrience when playing with this perk. It also shloud apply hindred when leaving a gen for 5 seconds.

• Ksoni

After they released Furtive Chase i thought that they can't make a perk more uselles than this but look, mindbreaker is here.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Please rename the title to: "No one talks about how useless all the perks of the Demogorgon are". Would be more fitting. No really after the massive nerfs to all killer perks the vault denial + "Bitter Murmur" is probably the best synergy.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I think this perk is meant to be very situational which in this game usually means useless.

• Ksoni

Wonder what's in devs mind when creating perk like this. Let's make a killer perk that poorly counters few survivor perks.

• FriendlyGuy

The problem with surge is, that it only hits one gen on the most maps. And 12% are like 10 additional seconds. Even when you surged a gen, it can be instantly tapped and stopped from regression. And if the gen you should've surged is not on? Nvm then.

"Surge" would be useful, if it would affect the three nearest generators, easy like that.

• FriendlyGuy

So the "Surge", that gets three times activated in a game and regresses for 12% automatically can keep up with PGTW, that activates every hook AND got a 25% regression AND you can choose the gen? I think it's relatively clear why "Surge" is not even niche.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Yeah honestly I want it to be buffed to work the same as now but in addition, if in TR, it should work on a gen with any level of progress.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I'm probably never gonna use Mindbreaker apart from the adept DaddyGorgon achievement.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    edited September 2019

I would prefer it so the longer you work on a generator the longer the exhaustion you have is (up to 85% of gen completion)

Time repairing gen divided by 2 equals amount of exhaustion you get.

So 34 seconds working on gen gives you 17 seconds of exhaustion.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Make the exhaustion last 30 seconds, and up to 80% completion of the gen.

That way, I can see it being used.

I honestly have no idea how to use it in it's current state... I still need my adept demo, but I plan on fully ignoring this perk after that

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

It could use some buff though.

• G0lden_Ra1den
    G0lden_Ra1den Member Posts: 56

I just suggested on my forums that Mindbreaker should be buffed from 1/2/3 to 3/4/5. And that anytime a Survivor works on a generator, above or below 50%, they suffer from the exhaustion. Mindbreaker has potential, but was probably nerfed last second before it’s release.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

So you actually just dont understand how the perk really works. It stops exhaustion regression while being on a gen <50%. So survivors have to decide to regress their exhaustion and not working on a gen OR working on a gen and pausing their exhaustion, which means they lose their perk cause while being in chase the exhaustion doesnt regress too.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

YOU BETTER NOT DIS ON MY MINDBREAKER

• Cejar13321
    Cejar13321 Member Posts: 38

It actually killed me once, when i didn't pay attention, but yeah, its worthless at this point

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

They could change the values to 3/4/5 and at 50%/75%/100% gen progress.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

address exhaustion addons first, thanks

• Ksoni
  • HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited September 2019

They should just remove the 50% generator requirement completely. It's already a pretty conditional perk.

• Karltastisk
    Karltastisk Member Posts: 529

We dont talk about it because we said this before the PTB was over (how bad the perk was) but they still launched it like that anyway, meaning they aren't gonna do jack frost about it.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

Yea it needs to work while working on a gen period and should last like at least 5-10 seconds after you are off it