Can you please ban permanently sexual harassment?

It'd be super nice.
Things like "I would f*ck you dm me for info", "Is your pussy hot?" and stuff like that.
I am kinda tired honestly.

Comments

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

Goodness gracious you've had people say that to you?!
    they need a ban .

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Just dont read the crap. In reallife you do the same with stuff like that, you simply dont bother even reading it^^

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

@Master said:
    Just dont read the crap. In reallife you do the same with stuff like that, you simply dont bother even reading it^^

Are you a developer? Because you sound like it. Ignore the problem and it goes away. The reality is Toxicity needs to be removed. If you're going to be toxic, you should be banned. Not permanent, but a temp one and after ___ amount of violations, permanent. Did you know that in several states, cat calling(the wolf whistle) is considered verbal ######### and can get you thrown in jail?

Sadly, reports are not taken seriously. Neither are videos/screenshots anymore.

Reminds me of the time i held some ######### the door open and she didn't even say thanks, so i raped her by shoving an adjective down there.
  • ShesArebel88
    ShesArebel88 Member Posts: 234

@ChesterTheMolester said:

Reminds me of the time i held some ######### the door open and she didn't even say thanks, so i raped her by shoving an adjective down there.

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited July 2018

Okay but lets be serious for a second, my name is Renee and got such comments by people not knowing im a guy. So i know its not a reason to call the special victims unit. Even though that reminds me of that episode based on gamergate that became a meme.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@ShesArebel88 said:
    A wolf whistle being considered verbal #########?! Stuff like THAT is why serious incidences go ignored.

Verbal #########?! Really? Is that like forcing words into a vagina? Lmao that has to be a joke

Be careful the third wave might hear you.

• ChesterTheMolester
    Jack11803 said:

@ShesArebel88 said:
    A wolf whistle being considered verbal #########?! Stuff like THAT is why serious incidences go ignored.

Verbal #########?! Really? Is that like forcing words into a vagina? Lmao that has to be a joke

Be careful the third wave might hear you.

Good thing that we'd know if they were approaching. Only takes 5 of them to put the great Tsunami of 2004 to shame.
  • Jinx
    Jinx Member Posts: 15

ShesArebel88 said:

Okay but lets be serious for a second, my name is Renee and got such comments by people not knowing im a guy. So i know its not a reason to call the special victims unit. Even though that reminds me of that episode based on gamergate that became a meme.

Don't underestimate how uneasy and uncomfortable these kind of comments make women just because someone told them to you by accident.
    These kind of people normally start sending you friend requests and message you until you block them.
    I can't see any disadvantage for anyone punishing these comments more severely, unless you are one of the guys who like to state in the aftermatch who much any girl would enjoy their genitals for absolute no f_cking reason.
    Also these comments are said to underage girls playing the game as well so why the f_ck not punish this behaviour and make these people think twice before saying anything sexual to anyone really.

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited July 2018
    Jinx said:

ShesArebel88 said:

Don't underestimate how uneasy and uncomfortable these kind of comments make women just because someone told them to you by accident.
    These kind of people normally start sending you friend requests and message you until you block them.
    I can't see any disadvantage for anyone punishing these comments more severely, unless you are one of the guys who like to state in the aftermatch who much any girl would enjoy their genitals for absolute no f_cking reason.
    Also these comments are said to underage girls playing the game as well so why the f_ck not punish this behaviour and make these people think twice before saying anything sexual to anyone really.

Im not trying to be a complete ######### here, i was here to make fun of the guy claiming a whistle is in any shape or form even remotely compareble to a #########, its ridiculous and downplays the suffering of anyone who actually got raped. 

But besides, i doubt it'll work. Sure the blatant ones will be banned at first, and im not against that, but the messages will be more and more subtle to the point it gets blurry and we risk bans for misinterpretions, should i trust such a system not to be abused or flawless when there are people around who clearly don't see the difference between words and actions?

BHVR doesn't need to abide anything, not even basic human decency (not saying they are indecent or irrational). Such a system will force us to live on a mine field. Anyone could get anyone banned, you only need to make a huge stretch on something anyone said, wouldn't even need to be related to harassment. Imagine the amount of people that'd try to abuse it simply they dont like camping or looping. Barely matters what anyone did you can always spin #########, visit your local totalitarian parasite and you'll know what i mean.
  • only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    edited July 2018

@Jinx said:

ShesArebel88 said:

People can say whatever they want, if you are uncomfortable then tell them to go away, block them or report them depending on the situation. Or, develop thicker skin and not be affected by words.

Underage girls shouldn't be playing this game anyway. Slaughtering people in game and hanging them on hooks is fine....just..tone down the language because that might be an issue? Please.

They are just words, get a grip, tell them to fvck off and block them. Easy.

• Jinx
    Jinx Member Posts: 15

Jinx said:

ShesArebel88 said:

Im not trying to be a complete ######### here, i was here to make fun of the guy claiming a whistle is in any shape or form even remotely compareble to a #########, its ridiculous and downplays the suffering of anyone who actually got raped. 

But besides, i doubt it'll work. Sure the blatant ones will be banned at first, and im not against that, but the messages will be more and more subtle to the point it gets blurry and we risk bans for misinterpretions, should i trust such a system not to be abused or flawless when there are people around who clearly don't see the difference between words and actions?

BHVR doesn't need to abide anything, not even basic human decency (not saying they are indecent or irrational). Such a system will force us to live on a mine field. Anyone could get anyone banned, you only need to make a huge stretch on something anyone said, wouldn't even need to be related to harassment. Imagine the amount of people that'd try to abuse it simply they dont like camping or looping. Barely matters what anyone did you can always spin #########, visit your local totalitarian parasite and you'll know what i mean.

??????????????????????????????????? And all of this speculation?
    Look I doubt any girl would be bothered if anyone told them "Hey, I think you are pretty, wanna talk/swf?" and I think banning someone because of that would be stupid and counterproductive. I am asking Behaviour to ban more severely a specific range of disrespectful comments which make women disgusted and uncomfortable. If they did took them more seriously, these comments would decrease for sure.
    Also it's not that hard playing without saying anyone you'd f_ck them in the ass or sh_t like that.

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@Jinx said:

Jinx said:

ShesArebel88 said:

Look I doubt any girl would be bothered if anyone told them "Hey, I think you are pretty, wanna talk/swf?" and I think banning someone because of that would be stupid and counterproductive. I am asking Behaviour to ban more severely a specific range of disrespectful comments which make women disgusted and uncomfortable. If they did took them more seriously, these comments would decrease for sure.
    Also it's not that hard playing without saying anyone you'd f_ck them in the ass or sh_t like that.

You'd be surprised how many girls would be offended by that line you gave. Both of your examples can be ignored and blocked. Stop it.

• ChesterTheMolester
    Jinx said:

Jinx said:

ShesArebel88 said:

You don't understand where im coming from. Im not concerned about some Incels, psychos amd perverts getting banned. I believe they will adapt by making subtle yet clear, from then on the system will not only be a waste but will inevittably backfire, the only thing thats more unappealing than a game with a toxic community are ban-happy tyrannical Devs.

What about the cases where someone said something that the recipient misinterpreted?

What about the cases with faked evidence?

What about the cases where something sexual, maybe a joke is said between individuals who know each other and/or are in a relationship but only offensive to an irrelevant third?

Are they gonna all get banned? You said people should think twice before saying sexual. So what will happen? People getting punished for somthing that did no harm? And who'd get the benefit of the doubt, the accused or the accuser?