Doors are too close together, making it impossible to escape.

kiwiliciouz
kiwiliciouz Member Posts: 6
edited September 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

ALOT of matches my friends and myself play in, the exit doors are soooooo extremely close to one another, that the killer just walks back and forth between the two gates. Since the killer can close the hatch, it should be allowed that the survivors just need to one tap the doors. It takes too long to open the doors Or at least allow the doors to be opened in 2-3 seconds. The doors are so close together there's no time to open them, on top of that, closing the hatch starts a timer that will initiate an impale sequence when the timer runs out, give the survivors a chance to survive and escape.

Post edited by kiwiliciouz on

Comments

• Macmillan
    Macmillan Member Posts: 100
    this way the killer would never do the 4k

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172

No.

Instead of looking for the hatch when you are the last one alive, go for the nearest door and wait for the killer to close the hatch, 9/10 you have enough time to open the door.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710
    edited September 2019

Exit gates should really have a further minimum distance, maybe make that according to the killer-speed/power so that slow killers are not too restricted?

also there could be an indicator when the gate-lights start to shine so newer players can use the strategy better to only open a little bit, then hide and open fully when Killer left again

Post edited by drimmalor on
  • Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250

This is a non-issue. The gates can spawn next to each other, or they could spawn on opposite ends of the map. It goes both ways.

• Mooks

That’s not true at all.. you can get lucky here but definitely not that often..

• kiwiliciouz

The main complaint is the doors spawning very close together, we play on PS4. I see PC is way better, you can't open a door, hide, go back to it, etc. when the doors are very close together. I'd say I experience this 90% of the time.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

You're suggestion is impossible for the core balance of the game. You clearly don't understand the game in its complexity and the lack of experience the devs have already showed.

I'm not surprised that a, let's say, so bizarre suggestion was made by somebody who has just approached the game.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited September 2019

One tap? Definetly no.

Maybe it could be reduced a bit the time required to open the gates though. Let's not forget that once it took 15 seconds and it got increased to 20 seconds, but the game changed since then (especially with the introduction of the EGC).

• TheUnendingNightmare

No I literally do it all the time. If you keep getting caught idk equip wake up.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

This should never be the case, the survivor shouldn't have to say, "Sucks... killer has both Exit Gates in LoS, time to let them sacrifice me because I have no chance." And the killer shouldn't have to say, "I have to walk across the map to check both Exit Gates, they escape, GG."

There should be both a maximum and minimum spawning distance between Exit Gates. :)

• TheUnendingNightmare
    edited September 2019

Use wake Up...idk why you guys have so much trouble with this...this is never an issue for me...

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

2-3 seconds? Dude, if you're the last guy, you're not meant to win. 4 survivors are meant to equal 1 killer in terms of power. If it's a 1v1, you should have a severe disadvantage. You've failed to do your objective; the generators (Strike 1). You've failed to save your friends (Strike 2). You've failed to find the hatch before the killer (Strike 3). The doors are a last ditch chance for you to escape that in all honesty you should be thankful for in any circumstance, doors close or not.

• NMCKE

Wake Up doesn't even make that much of a difference to be honest.

With some mathematics, you're opening the Exit Gates at a rate of 1.15 charges every second. Therefore, 20 divided by 1.15 equals 17.39 seconds to open them. If both Exits Gates spawn close together, you're not getting them open unless the killer is wanting you to escape. :)

Exit Gates spawned practically across the map, and I was barely able to escape. There are so many factors to consider when you're attempting to escape.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    edited September 2019

Also, wake up change the 20s opening gate time to roughly 13s. Pretty effective when you are already in front of the door waiting for the killer to close the hatch.

Although, I'm an immersed red rank player so staying hidden when the killer is patroling nearby is what I do so maybe it is too hard for ppl not has stealthy idk.

• kiwiliciouz

Noed is great when you're the killer and funny to see on the survivor for your information.🙄

• NMCKE
    edited September 2019

No offense, that was some lucky game you had because they could have checked your Exit Gate first, and Wake Up doesn't make you Exit Gates open in 13 seconds. That's approximately a 53.84% opening speed increase, and Wake Up only has a 15% opening speed increase. :)

Sorry if this sound really harsh, but just because your tactic works doesn't justify Exit Gates spawning in the killer's LoS.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    edited September 2019

Dude just hide around if you hear the killer coming and then go back on the door when he leave for the other door or hatch.

Also, 20 ÷ 2 (or 50%) is 10 so clearly not 53% for 13 that would be more like 43% anyways that wasn't even my point. If you read up I said to use wake up but clearly you can feel I don't even think it is necessary.

Point was ... well I guess, get good ? Tbh doors spawning together happen so rarely and mostly on one or two maps.

• Mooks

Just because you get lucky so often does not mean more unexperienced players should not have any chance in this situation. I also do not understand how I can hide while EGC has triggered and the killer can literally stand between the two gates and see them. It’s not like he has any reason to go away.

it is also not really rare to happen and in most cases the killer already had an easy game.

I did not say the survivor should have a guaranteed escape in this case, btw. But the killer shouldn’t have a guaranteed kill either.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

Not every game has two gates like 5 feet apart with no LOS breakers. Most maps and games have objects that force the killer to move real close to check on it. The exit gates aren't the problem, its the lack of objects to block them.

• TheUnendingNightmare

Again it's really rare that you got that kind of door placement. Also, I am never ever lucky.

You need map and LoS awarness. Just like me with juking maybe you need more training in that aspect of the game.

P.S sorry for last message, it sounded a bit harsh but I seriously don't understand how this could be an issue.

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    edited September 2019

It could delimit a minimum and maximum distance from the gates as well as from the hatch to the gates.

There are maps that the killer is standing in a place that you can see the two gate switches.

• Mooks

Again, it is not that rare really. I can escape with hiding and partially opening the gates pretty good, but that „rare“ scenario is not rare for me and there is no possibility to escape at all. Only option is to hide and feed the killer points with EGC or start gate/chase and feed the killer points. Nothing is in for the surv.

i think a maximum and minimum distance defined for every Killer individually would be great. That way the high mobility killers wouldn’t be in that much of an advantage over the others, which can be a problem as well.

• TheUnendingNightmare

Really it isn't look,

My build idk if it'll help;

1- Selfcare

2- Urban evasion

3- Sprint burst

4- Premonition (or Spine chill but I prefer premonition bc it doesn't trigger random hard skillchecks)

Basically if you are unlucky enough to be the last survivor. Whilst the Killer is carrying the last survivor runnto the door furthest from them. Once the person is dead 99% sure the killer is now looking for the hatcht and once he finds it he'll close it.

Start opening the door whilst keeping an eye with you premonition for the killer. If it trigger go hide(not a locker) and wait for them to go patrol the other door. If they aren't leaving start walking to the other door he probably won't even go thinking you won't leave the one almost done.

• Mooks

Thanks for the tips, I can do that pretty good (as already mentioned)

you do not even need spine chill or premonition for this.

the problem is that it happens „rarely“ that the killer can see both gate-switches from one position. Here you have no chance with your strategy or any other strategy. And even though it happens not every game it happens often enough.

• TheUnendingNightmare

Like I also mentionned, it doesn't happen that often. Most likely you have time to escape.

Also, if you prefered the hatcht escape I believe now "left behind" or something was rework to show the hatcht aura when within a certain distance during end game.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

There isn't a problem. The killer has managed to kill 3 survivors and the last survivor has already had 2 chances to escape. Might as well be down to rng where the doors spawn.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I feel that, sometimes, the gates are very close together, yes, so if you are the last survivor and the hatch was closed, it's gameover, especially against Hillbilly or Spirit, so in that sense, the gates should not spawn so close together. But on the other hand, if that happens, slower killers like the Hag or Huntress might have a bigger problem stopping them from being opened and opening the gates with just a tap or few seconds would be unfair for the killer.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

The problem is not if you "can escape" if you have X build or perform X strategy. The thing is that should be able for you to escape without that X build. It's like saying "it's fair because NOED spawned in the middle of the map", totems should not spawn in the middle of the map and the gates should not appear, let's say in less than 32 meters from each other.