The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

There needs to be some kind of punishment or something for dc'ing

I was playing with the trapper (on ps4) found a survivor downed him and the survivor dc'ed fast as heck, it has happened before sure but match after match everyone started dc'ing fast as heck, brought a pudding and after like 1 min of game 1 dc'ed (I did literally nothing to that survivor) and then like 10 seconds another one dc'ed, ok there is only 2 survivors left, maybe I can get some bp, welp another dc'ed, 1 survivor left! Yeah he/she got the hatch, I'm ok with that but shouldn't there be something like "you dc because you wanted to? Then take like a soft ban for like 1 hour" like in competitive games such as r6s, csgo etc, it also happened with swf, I was playing with my brother and 2 randoms, we did really good on the new map (we are really bad at survivors) 1 gen left! So excited!! Boom killer dc'ed and we didn't get points at all.

I hope someone can explain to me why do people do that and what can BHVR do in order to stop people dc'ing so much.

I'm also new in here so I got no idea how this works lol

Comments

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

When dedicated servers come out they will be able to track this stuff and if you DC too much you could get a ban. Dedicated servers were supposed to come out with the Stranger Things Chapter but got pushed back to iron out some bugs with lag and hitboxes on ranged killers.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited September 2019

There is currently a punishment for dcing but it's set on a percentage of games they DC in but due to p2p they can't tell exactly the reason so its set relatively high.

As above they are working on a better way to reduce dcing with dedicated servers. Hopefully it cuts them down majorly and it becomes less of an issue.

• Pugpablo123
    Pugpablo123 Member Posts: 115

I believe that disconnecting should result with the disconnector losing a percent amount of blood points based on how many they currently have and how many times they have disconnected in a week. This would discourage disconnections to the extent that they would be most likely a thing of the past.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

All right! Thanks for the info, that is good enough for me! All I wanted was just knowing that the devs are thinking about it

• DonnieTheZombie
    DonnieTheZombie Member Posts: 229

That sounds pretty dope actually. But sometimes I'm only holding on to little bp at a time because im trying to level something asap, so it wouldnt be a bother at that point. Plus theres a few times where i start a game and something pops up so i gotta go. Wouldn't want that harsh a punishment for randomness of life making me leave.

Other then that i think thats an awesome idea

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited September 2019

@nichtRoxas Well, just so you understand, when Dedicated Servers come around and they can more easily monitor things, they already stated that there will be stricter punishments for DC'ing.

It'll probably be like most games where you get a set amount (typically not a lot) and then you start getting punished with escalating time-outs where you can't queue for matches, and if you keep it up after that, bans that escalate into an eventual perma-ban.

So, come Dedicated Servers, those who DC enough are getting punished faster.

They did warn that the DC punishment threshold changes will likely not happen with the initial dedicated server rollout, and will come afterward, but they are coming.

• Pugpablo123
    Pugpablo123 Member Posts: 115

Unfortunately, disconnecting is ruining the game. I like the idea of escalating punishments based on how much the player has disconnected. I feel that another way to reduce disconnections is to nerf the ebony mori. Sorry if it sounds like I am whining, but its extremely powerful and it isn't exactly fun to play against, considering it causes constant disconnects.

• Kilmeran

@Pugpablo123 I'm a killer main, and to be honest I think both the ebony mori and instaheal item should removed. Neither adds any value to the game, and causes too many people to get tilted and DC as it is.

At this point, wipe them from the game.

• nichtRoxas
    nichtRoxas Member Posts: 67

Killing yourself on hook is totally not a thing. There is absolutely no reason to ban players for dcing out of frustration, especially in this game where there is so much bs it get's annoying sometimes.

• Kilmeran

@nichtRoxas Look, the reality is: whether you agree with getting banned for DCing or not, once Dedicated Servers go live, Behavior already made clear that it's going to happen. It's their game and their rules.

There are three choices:

1) Play by their rules

2) Play another game and leave DbD

3) Continue to DC once Dedicated Servers launch, and eventually get banned.

• Poopadelic
    Poopadelic Member Posts: 15

i dont care if they DC,dont we get points when some one DC's anyways?

what i do care about is why is the game so damn laggy when im chasing after a survivor or if one is near by..this recently started.Im casual player and i never had this problem before.

• nichtRoxas
    nichtRoxas Member Posts: 67

I literally don't care mate I'm just saying my opinion. It's pointless banning your playerbase in a casual game especially in the horrible state it is right now. And dedicated servers are still far from good. They didn't make any progression on that. 1st dedicated servers vs last were the same.

• Kilmeran
    edited September 2019

@nichtRoxas I'm going to be honest here, and it's a bit of a side tangent. I'm getting to the point that I don't care what Behavior does. This matchmaking is broken as hell, and they couldn't even get a hotfix out for it today. Which means it's likely broken all weekend. Which means I won't be playing this weekend.

I came back and have given them chance after chance, but even my patience is wearing thin, now.

Epic is giving away the Batman Arkham and Batman Lego trilogies for free right now. I might just go and download them. I've also downloaded Identity V on my phone and tablet to try out. Plus, I guess I'll go fire-up Overwatch again this weekend.

Because I sure as hell can't play DbD without getting matched against people far above my weight class, right now. If it's not one thing, it's another. That's why I've yet to give them the $12 for Stranger Things. I had gut feeling Behavior would screw the pooch yet again.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

I feel the same way:( I downloaded the batman games:D. So for now I'm going to play batman and holdfast. And when they fix this match making issue then I'll Play but until then I'll just play these other games:)

• Kilmeran
    edited September 2019

@jackkn12 Yep, claimed my six games for the library tonight. Had to reinstall the Epic Launcher, but that's fine.

I'm also doing the Win 9 Games for the Bastion Lego skin in Overwatch, since I did the previous events for the six other skins offered that way. Got mine tonight, and told my 9-year-old I would grind out the wins on his account starting tomorrow, since DbD is Dead by Matchmaker to me now. I'll do three or four wins a pop unless I get a win streak, so I'll have his skin by Monday.

Need to give Identity V a whirl since I downloaded it, as well.

I'm just getting a bit fed-up here, man. And I'm rapidly remembering why I shelved DbD months ago in the first place. I like the game, but every time I think: "Hey, this could be my main game for a time," Behavior somehow manages to screw it up.

My hat is tipped to you folks who play DbD as your main game. I don't know how you do it. You guys have more patience than a Saint.

• snowflake102

Same I tip my hat too:) I do love this game but it has really put a toll on me one being it gets me so mad/stressed out due to dcING and higher skilled players like I never had this issue with any other game at all its just this one sadly :( maybe when they fix it and that's if they fix it I might change my mind on how I feel about this game. So I tip my hat to anyone who can stick around and I really don't know how you do it.

• snowflake102

@Kilmeran like I don't understand why the devs don't see this at all like almost all players have been saying matchmaking is broken:( now they say they are fixing it; ( wow they could have fixed it a while ago. Also what games do you hope epic games adds for free next?

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

As long as most of the crash issues are fixed, then I'd be all for it. : P

• Kilmeran
    edited September 2019

@jackkn12 I have to admit, I don't really follow Epic games. I only knew about this one because my brother-in-law gave me a heads up about it. I had to reinstall the Epic Launcher just to make sure they were placed into my library. They were.

Before RoleQ hit in early September, I primarily played Overwatch with the wife (since launch day), and then Roblox with the wife and 9-year-old.

Nowadays, I still play Roblox with them, but am only playing Overwatch for the Bastion skin event. Other than that, I mess around in DbD and F13 currently.

I don't have a lot of game time due to my career, so there are weeks where I don't play anything at all. Hoping to schedule my work so I can play some of the upcoming Bloodhunt. The previous two Bloodhunt events I had to miss because I had manuscripts due and had to get them out the door. Right now, I think I am enough ahead of my next deadlines that I might be able to participate in this one.

We'll see. And that's only if they manage to actually fix the damned matchmaker before then.