The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Second Wind buff

How many of you got a nice play with second wind? how many times did you guys got the perk working?

I think it has too many conditions. And thank god they removed the "outside the terror radious" thing. In my opinion this perk is really good , but too many conditions (find someone to heal, get hooked, run the killer for 30 secs if you're getting tunneled) .

Maybe the perk would be better if, for example you get a safe unhook, and no need to fully heal someone.

Thoughts?

Comments

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    edited September 2019

I have only used it on Steve, just because I am still levelling him up for the teachable. So far, I have been able to pull off the heal in nearly almost every single match. So, I have no problem with it.

My only request is for it to take into account when others are healing, or at the very least show that you have it equipped to people nearby. The latter one should also work with Solidarity and Autodidact.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

Id like it to where its any heal you do or get, just has to be equivalent to one health state.

could be others or yourself, btw.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited September 2019

I'd like a meter to fill for the heal state.

If you heal Survivor A for half his life and Survivor B for half of his the perk won't trigger. Has to be all in on one survivor. If you use AutoDidact and get heal regression you don't get it once you do the equivalent of one heal state. You really have to heal one survivor from zero to 100.

I find that stupid.

• CedOffMedzz
    CedOffMedzz Member Posts: 12

Lol buff? Yea..... no.

• CrazyMage
    CrazyMage Member Posts: 100

Its really annoying when a claudette self heals for one percent and then healing her for 99% doesn't activate the perk

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Hotfix soon.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047
    edited September 2019

I think it's a great perk. The killer is unsure if you have deliverance or second win. Meaning a free one shot for 60 seconds or for 30 seconds if they bump into u. Either way it makes it hard to tell if you should return to the hook to pursue the unhooker or if it was a deliverance.

• Mochan

Either way it tells the killer to tunnel you.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172

I agree with Mochan. If I see you heal and understand you have such a crutch perk I'm killing you so I don't have a headache later.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

How is it a crutch headache perk? Isn’t it literally just a heal over time perk? How is it on par with something like Adrenaline?

• TheUnendingNightmare
    edited September 2019

Bc adrenaline requires you to reach end game and activate only once. This is literally a safer selfcare.

I kinda see this has too many steps and understand what you mean. Although at the same time I see how OP this could easily become.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    edited September 2019

Isn't everytime you fully heal someone ? Or unhook or get unhooked ?

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,279

They mentioned they were adding this with the next hotfix.

• Mochan
    edited September 2019

Second Wind will activate as many times as you can pull the conditions off. That is a max of twice per game if you managed to do the conditions right.

It's not a "safer" self care it's a more dangerous one as it requires you to heal someone and get hooked (which is always a dangerous proposition). Meanwhile you can selfcare after escaping from the killer, which is a lot safer.

What it is, is a perk that saves you time because you don't need to actively heal to get the benefit. You can do gens while healing. That is a big deal, which is why it looks great on paper, but in practice it's hard to activate, especially in solo play. I'd imagine it's easier to do in SWF.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

To get the most bang for your buck, run Second Wind with Bond or Empathy. I prefer bond because of the knowledge of all teammates within a range as opposed to global injured knowledge. I get Second Wind to proc at least once every game as long as I run Bond.

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185

It is definitely easier to pull off with SWF, I always tell my gf when I'm running it so I can heal her or she'll let me heal someone while she does a gen

• Mochan

For me I run Bond and Openhanded. I also tried Empathy. I even put on Botany and We'll Make It. I still can't get it to reliably proc because survivors tend to run away and killers tend to camp. And if they run away even if I chase them sometimes they self care a bit or someone else joins in to help.

The perk is too much trouble and too uncertain to use.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited June 2020

Second wind should either have easier condition or remove any broken effect right before it heals (Yes I'm thinking about deliverance combo and lets be honest, it wouldn't be that op for two perks with two conditions, especially that it's canceled if you get hit). Right now it is really useless.