Killer pickup time

What do you say on that change? I find it completely unnecessary and terrible, why making such change?

Comments

• Nashtyx
    Nashtyx Member Posts: 6

Does't help much honestly saying, it just made the animation look terrible and already very nerfed flashlights almost unusable atleast for now

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Nashtyx said:
    Does't help much honestly saying, it just made the animation look terrible and already very nerfed flashlights almost unusable atleast for now

Well, if it is too quick for you, then you can just drop the survivor and pick him up again, making the stun in animation 2x longer!

You will thank me later.

• BlueArga
    BlueArga Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2018

I think new pick up animation is too fast and this is not 3s (I played on ptb and this animation was slowly) - look like max. 1.5s or 2s.

I hope fix that soon because now flashlgiht is useless and I must uninstall this game. Bye 2000h playtime...

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Nashtyx said:

Even if flashlight saves were impossible now (they arent), you still have a guaranteed blind after every pallet and dont try to tell me that this isnt strong

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

@BlueArga said:
    I think new pick up animation is too fast and this is not 3s (I played on ptb and this animation was slowly) - look like max. 1.5s or 2s.

I hope fix that soon because now flashlgiht is useless and I must uninstall this game. Bye 2000h playtime...

You uninstall just because you can't adapt? Okay bye :D

• JarKen
    JarKen Member Posts: 1

This looks stupid and audio is just sped up. Masslave and what if no one wants to bring flashlights?

• Nashtyx

It isn't, if you got ears you know exactly where the survivors are

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

It's a band aid change to help the killer with time anagement.
    It's a simple small thing that the Devs can change easy, but the impact is very very small.

• BlueArga
    BlueArga Member Posts: 7

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@BlueArga said:

You uninstall just because you can't adapt? Okay bye :D

I don't akcept stupidity of developers. Actually all my friends have stopped playing it now. DBD [*]

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I love the new changes. It creates actual survival horror atmosphere. The BNP nerf is quite harsh, as it is an ultra rare... other than that... maybe the pickup time should be 3.5 seconds? I don't know.

Overall this is a A- balance change. Very well done.

Excellent. Thanks!

• P3Myers
    P3Myers Member Posts: 58

dude stop posting the same clip. You dont scout the area before picking up the survivor nor face a wall. Making two huge mistakes and then still complain about flashlights. You have to literally be in position ready like that Feng was which only a bad killer would allow.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Necessary considering the vacuum removal on killer's grab. It makes grab saves to be actually risky, and to put yourself, as a survivor, as a risk, to pretend to be able to do them. Which is fine. You shouldn't be able to oppose a "threat" to the killer by being 20 meters away, hidden behind a rock.

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

@Nashtyx said:

Having played with the new pick up times I can tell you that you're wrong. It may not help a ton, but it definitely does save time. And flashlights are still usable. I would know with how many times I've already been blinded into dropping a survivor.

• Nashtyx

@Tombstone218 said:

@Nashtyx said:

Having played with the new pick up times I can tell you that you're wrong. It may not help a ton, but it definitely does save time. And flashlights are still usable. I would know with how many times I've already been blinded into dropping a survivor.

I did flashlight saves too, but the pickup time is bugged anyways, that's not 3 seconds, after doing some scouting it was slower in PTB (correct 3 seconds)

• Navydivea
    Navydivea Member Posts: 114

dude stop posting the same clip. You dont scout the area before picking up the survivor nor face a wall. Making two huge mistakes and then still complain about flashlights. You have to literally be in position ready like that Feng was which only a bad killer would allow.

Wait what?! You can't just run up and flashlight? It's actually gasps SITUATIONAL? Poor babies.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

@White_Owl said:

@Nashtyx said:
    why making such change?

Probably because killers struggle with time, and having long ass animations contribute to that.

I agree with this most.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

if you're dying for flashlight saves, use Empathy. head towards the survivor thats just been hit. be in the general area when he goes down and don't waste time getting there for the pickup.... stuns are still entirely possible. even more so now because less ppl use Lightborn now....