The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I love the demogorgon, but the new map sucks

I love playing against the demogorgon, the chase music is awesome, that scream you hear when he hits you or someone else brings a great scary atmosphere, and I think he is pretty balanced, not too OP, not too weak, just great.

But the new map, boy that one sucks, even worst than the pig's. Finding gens is a nightmare, useless vaults that don't help at all, and filled with dead ends where there is nowhere else to run. I think the map should be re design.

But good job on the demogorgon. Hope future killers are as good as this one.

Comments

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

You just don't know the map yet

• InfinyMage
    InfinyMage Member Posts: 236

I feel alot of peoples frustration with the map is that its an indoor map and they are unfamiliar with the gen spawns. (I dont play survivor)

As the killer, My only issue is the extra ambience noise that it seems to be plagued with. So much unnecessary loud noises.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I love playing the DG and facing him. I hate the new map.

• AnnaRexia
    AnnaRexia Member Posts: 3

It's so big! That's usually not something I complain about, but when it comes to maps...

• StupidPallets
    StupidPallets Member Posts: 395

Demo's chase music sounds like the Terminator 2 T-1000 chase scene ambiance.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

My favorite map they've done yet, it's great.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I learned one thing from the new map! Don't run to upstairs.

• Blackowt_9120
    Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300

The new map is awesome! Probably less awesome for survivor mains

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

I'm conflicted about the new map. It is very cool and has an amazing atmosphere. On the other hand, it is very confusing, which seems to be a trend with the indoor maps.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Run the map as killer a few times, you'll figure it out quicker when you can wallhack the gens. Doesn't matter if you're good or bad, just recognize and learn the pattern. I've played it like 4 times as killer and have no problem finding gens even as survivor.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

I hate the million pallets around every corner

• It's the collision that makes me not like it. Theres tones of areas that require you to be in a very specific position to enter (silo thingy for ex.). It just makes it a pain to traverse.

• cobrahjh
    cobrahjh Member Posts: 23

High ranks just use the stairs and drop down to loop forever. I know the devs are not good players and it shows. Oh well, what to do but move on to another game.

• grtf47
    grtf47 Member Posts: 371

@sluc16 Hi, I understand how you feel but please reconsider your view, it may change. All gens on first floor are located where flickering lights can be seen on the ceilings or tops of walls, usually in the corners. All other gens are in a hallway, one in the laboratory/control room, and one in the third floor which is a one man gen and the gen that gives you the trophy. On the other hand, good luck finding ruin because I have only seen two totems after playing it multiple times.

• Hozh
    Hozh Member Posts: 84

I find it quite easy to find generators, once you get to know the map is actually great, the only problem is that is easy to find survivor and also if youre injured your definitely gonna get followed again since the map is too bright and clean, not to mention its not a large one but a thin a long one thats basically hiding at the eyes of the killer

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

This might be the first killer-sided map. Hard to tell though since the map is still new.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

I did spooky Michael on it last night and it was terrific. I know a map like that is great for stealth killers. So not every killer is going to have such a good time as the likes of Michael.