The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why message in attempt to argue?

I have received many messages while playing killer from mad survivors but when I play survivor, which is my main, I don't get many messages from killers but today I got one that pointed out my tactics that I used in the match such as flash lighting when they broke a pallet or looping them around the factory, we were on one of those maps with the window in the factory. Killer said I only escaped because of my flashlight and the broken loop so my question is why do people say things like this? Is it just an attempt to start an argument or just to be toxic? Let me know what messages you get if any. I also want to say that some people need to chill out and enjoy the game, you can't win every game.

Comments

• @SoylentPixie Yes, that makes sense.

• karatinac97
    karatinac97 Member Posts: 210

Yeah I don't get it at all. Like, who raised you to think it's okay to message someone purely to insult/demean them simply because you lost? But apparently it's the Internet so that's a good enough excuse 🙄

I usually play survivor but had messages from both killers and survivors. Thankfully they're not as bad as some that others get.

Got a message from a Nurse (who wasn't very good) along the lines of: "No real training because you gen rush swf noobs. Don't you feel ridiculous" and I'm just sitting there laughing 1. I'm a solo survivor 2. I'm literally playing the game mechanics 3. How doesn't this guy feel ridiculous sending this to me?

Lmao the ego on some people. Just ignore or report them, it's all we can do unfortunately.

• grtf47
    grtf47 Member Posts: 371

@karatinac97 Yea some people say some funny things like in my post, points out my gameplay and tries to use it to say without that, I would have not escaped. I think these people don't have respect for other, in real life, or they're young and immature.

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461

It's an intense game, people get emotional. Sometimes it's rough being in the throes of adrenaline, throwing everything you've got at the challenge, and coming up short.

I damn near uninstalled the first time I got hit with Decisive Strike, I had just dragged someone back from the exit gates that had been running me all game and they were on their last hook.

I was like "FINALLY, at least I get to kill the person I really wanted to kill!" Nope. It was right in front of all their friends, too. Three other survivors sitting at the open gate, watching.

I didn't rage at them after, I tried to learn, but it was brain-meltingly frustrating.

Tbh, I consider hate post-game hate mail a badge of honor these days.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    edited September 2019

No.. No.. No.. You all got it wrong. Let me explain what these messages mean.

"Killer said I only escaped because of my flashlight and the broken loop"

This is a coping mechanism, this isn't supposed to start a fight. It's the killer letting you know he acknowledges that he lost and also explaining to you what he will try and do to avoid this before it happens again.

For example, Tom as Wraith who is new at playing Wraith but is a Rank 11 Killer just got looped at the last gen after he killed 2 Survivors. Then Tom realizes that the loop has been going on for too long and is getting frustrated as the EGC collapse starts due to an exit being opened. You escape and the other survivor escapes. Now Tom is frustrated that he lost so to cope he decides to write the looper a message stating how he lost. In Tom's mind this will tell the survivor it won't happen again, and it also tells Tom what to practice to avoid this from happening again.

Killers want to feel superior (When i'm Myers you better be good at looping... 😉) and when they lose that superiority they get upset, so all those messages are is just a coping mechanism. Now, if they say something hurtful then that's a different story. (Called being Competitive).

Hopefully this clears things up!

@You_Got_Behavioured

@SoylentPixie

@karatinac97

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,280

I always get a good laugh when survivors stay at a pallet to flashlight blind me. Congrats, you just wasted the time meant to get distance and now I'm just gonna follow you using sound for afew seconds.

• karatinac97
    edited September 2019

@Micheal_Myers Can't tell if you're trying to be ironic or not. If you are then you can ignore the rest.

Obviously@Michael_Myers you don't speak for everyone so that's not how everyone thinks. I'm sure there are people who do think the way you've described but majority of the time people just message straight insults because they're childish and it makes them feel better about themselves.

To me 'You only escaped because of flashlight and loop' sounds more like 'I'm better than you, even though I lost but have to tell you so I can validate myself P. S. I'm an A-hole'. There are so many nicer ways he could have phrased it if he meant what you are suggesting so I'm like 99% sure he was just being salty.

I know there are people out there who do actually send nice/decent messages. I messaged a Killer with a GG and we talked about the awful match making. We were both under Rank 10 and the rest of my team were Rank 20,19 and 19 (all 3 DCd at one point or another). He actually said its nice to have a kind message as after 80% of his matches he gets a salty survivor message.

So at the end of the day people have to stop and think before sending messages and try to be a decent person. It can't be that difficult, surely? 😅

• karatinac97

@grtf47 Exactly! It just feels so unnecessary to me.

• karatinac97

Where'd my other comment go? 😯 Oh man I'm not typing that out again...

• Hozh
    Hozh Member Posts: 84

looks like you got it all wrong buddy, its simply immaturity, the need to mentally grow up, period,