Anyone Miss Old Freddy

You know while the Freddy rework is great, I still honestly miss Old Freddy. He was so much fun to play once you learned how to use him, for the Freddy player of course lol. Freddy games were built on attrition and they never ended quickly. Which is honestly what I really miss especially once I get to Purple and Red ranks.

Anyway that reminds me that I've been holding on to something since February

Have you ever wondered, "What is the worst video ever made of DBD?" what could possibly be DBD's video version of the Nasty Patty?

The answer is clearly this

-Bandicam footage logo

-AMD relive recording

-Resolution made of grainy pixels

-Hard-Ware lag spikes creating freeze frames and choppy footage

-Red rank Old Freddy gameplay

-And More

Do you dare witness it? It will turn your eyes to JELLY

Comments

• December_1863
    December_1863 Member Posts: 206

nope, i don't miss him.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

I do, only because it was funny watching people hide behind anything when you walk by.

The hiding spots people would choose were so bad...free hits for days.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

I did like his very weird play style compared to how he is now, but without a doubt the new freddy is viable

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I miss swinging at a sleeping survivor and aim-assist into an awake survivor running beside me.

Good times. 😃

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Yeah i miss him i miss all the old stuff.

Hopefully one day we get a DbD classic build to relive the old days of nostalgia.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

the only things i miss about old freddy is how the dream world looked, dark and kinda creepy, this one is kinda bright, oh and his orange glowing hand effect

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I miss him <3 It was so fun to watch people run around a building and then meet them around the corner and give em a ######### slap like ''WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!''

Freddy also had a built in Deerstalker which was perfect for the slugging build I made for him and since my biggest issue is finding Survivors he was my perfect Killer <3

The New Nightmare is still fun and feels more like the real Freddy but I still miss his scary Aura reading, hopefully we get that back one day and the Devs find a good way. It is really silly to never try to find a good way to bring that ability back because the ability was fine, everyone complained about the 7 seconds and not the Aura reading.

This is a video game, anything is possible if you try. If you don't try and don't think out of the box then you can't get better; it's the same with everything in life.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

yes he felt so unique to play now he's extremely generic now in my opinion

• BabyBubbaMain
    BabyBubbaMain Member Posts: 97

Ah yes the nostalgic times of dbd where vacuum pallets existed and windows weren’t blocked by the entity and bloodlust didn’t exist and sprint burst could be used multiple times in a chase and flashlights could instantly blind you and hooks were permanently broken and it took 3 seconds to vault a window and you could not kick generators and brand new part instantly repaired generators good times am I right?

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

No, I don't miss him at all. Good riddance.

He was a freaking headache, because I like to play stealthy. Whenever I played old Freddy I was forced to run and gun and loop the entire game -- similar to how I have to do so when going up against Doc.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I used to despise playing against 'old' Freddy. The reworkes Freddy is so good now.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

He was in the top half of favorite killers to play for me, but since the rework, I haven't enjoyed playing him. The devs' decision was definitely the right one, but I'll miss the old Freddy.

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

I miss him dearly

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Nope, He is now more fun to play :)

• AWesley91
    AWesley91 Member Posts: 151

Freddy might not have been powerful but playing against him was about as fun as doing paperwork...

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

He was my favorite because his ability was about large numbers. Forcing survivors to blow up gens simply to come back to them and resleep them just as they awoke. The complaints about not being able to see him from the survivor side, and the whining about the 7 second delay from baby killers' sides drowned out the people who knew better.

New Freddy is definitely easier to make viable and much easier for newer players to perform on, but the old freddy's stalling power felt so thematic, because when you're in a nightmare, you move as slow as molasses.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited September 2019

That's the last straw

Your going on my BING BONG list now! Your headphones shall crumble under the sound of the Bing Bong if I ever see you in my lobby

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Nope. terrible killer... today's freddy is much better and has made me forget about what he was...

• InfinyMage
    InfinyMage Member Posts: 236

As much as i loved old freddy he was more headache than anything to play as towards the end. Glad he was reworked. It was pretty silly having an 'unseen' killer when survivors had so many ways of 'waking up' and towards less skilled survivors it was mostly stomp city. Dont really find that much fun, but just my opinion.

Tldr: Loved old freddy, dont really miss him though.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Definitely would have preferred to keep him.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

Freddy games dont always last long. I saved a screenshot of an emblem card for when I ended a game as Old Freddy in under 2 minutes.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

-Resolution made of grainy pixels

starts video, not knowing what that means, immediately stops after 2 seconds

Jesus man, that's not something my eyes desire...

• Captain
    Captain Member Posts: 39

Wasn't this game utterly broken with quick health's while in Chase. Killers able to hit a survivor than hit them within like 3 seconds. Infinite loops where the entity didn't block vaults and the killer is looped at the same location for as long as the survivor wanted to do it. Blood lust didn't exist so the killer never caught the survivor. Exhaustion didn't exist either. You could run around being chased by the killer and get many Sprint bursts balance landing etc during one chase.Noed not being able to be destroyed once last gen was done because hex totems didn't exist. Noed would be present for the rest of the match.you want a killer that had to wait 7 second to hit a survivor. I can't take you seriously because you really don't want a classic dbd.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Oh please, that's wussy lame stuff

Your watching it at the default 1080P version, you can downgrade it all the way to 144P

I made sure to have every base covered

None can withstand my video!

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615
  • LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

All the Claudettes who thought I couldnt see them in the bushes while they were glowing blue...

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

I miss his playstyle and ability to slow the game down. I'd rather that his old kit got fixed instead of reworking him into a recylcled chase killer, who's "unique" teleport has now been outclassed by Demogorgon. But as usual big streamers and their fanboys speak louder. :(

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Basically, or all the Claudettes hiding in that dark corner of a building while literally EVERYTHING IS TOO BRIGHT IN DREAM WORLD!

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Maybe we'll get option to switch powers one day like when that glitch that allowed it happened. Even thou I prefer new Freddy since he's far more fun to play against and to play as while beiing also stronger. You never know what devs might do.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited September 2019

I do.

He was such a unique Killer; trading immediate presence and ability to harm for the ability to slow down the game AND keep perfect track of Survivor locations.

The New Nightmare is better to face and easier to play, but Old Freddy was fun to play and I miss him.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I think they did a really good job with the rework - I actually like it - something I definitely could not say about Overwatch and Symmetra. To this day I am bitter at how Blizzard used disabled players to make their game seem diverse and open to a variety of play styles only for them to shove us out the door when esports came into play.

But I do miss my aura reading. I loved not fearing corn maps and seeing all ala Magenta in Rocky Horror. It also felt pretty good to sleep someone who just woke up. Old Freddy also had some devious builds and I loved his add ons. Tbh New Freddy only disappoints me in regards to some of his pathetic add ons. Rip drawings and sleep blocks.

I hope in the future they return to the idea of an aura reading killer.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

I actually preferred playing old freddy to playing new freddy. I haven't played the new one much since the PTB because I got bored of him :P

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

Pray for Freddy 🙏🙏🙏