Is HIDE OR DIE a threat to Dead By Daylight?

TerrorUnleashed
TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497
edited September 2019 in Off-topic

I’ve seen numerous threads on this discussion but all have seemed to cease late-August. I just thought; “Why not readdress it?”, “Like, what’s there to lose?”. So, I did.

THE BASICS

From what I know, Friday the 13th was the first Asymmetrical Horror Game released on public builds. Then on there, we saw games like this here, Dead By Daylight, release too. Inspiration is the least of our concerns, however. We’re talking about playability here.

Dead By Daylight released publicly on the 14th of June, 2016, under Behaviour Interactive. It was labelled, and still is to this day, “An asymmetric Horror game”, with the motto “Death is not an escape”. It attracted a wide audience from all corners of the horror community, a huge chunk being a cult following of Friday the 13th. The game swelled into a monolith in the following years. By 2018, it was at a good point. Well, to say the least, that is. It was doing “well”, so to speak. There didn’t seem to be any significant threat or one imminent, either, for that matter.

But, enough of that... I shouldn’t be giving background information on a forum dedicated to that very fact. I’m here to talk about HIDE OR DIE vs DEAD BY DAYLIGHT. So, the basics... Hide or Die poses a threat to DBD. There you go. Bye now.

EXPLANATION

Now, don’t get me wrong - I’m loyal to DBD. I’m straight-faced loyal. And I’ve never played HOD, either. So I’m not one to reference here. Take my word with a grain of salt. When DBD mentions “Asymmetric horror” I instantly think that Friday feel. Ya know, lay down, popcorn, scary-Friday-night slasher kinda thing. That vibe. And, DBD fulfilled that for me for, let’s say, 2 years? My first game on a test build on PC that my friend let me try was crazy.

I loved it so much. But, that magic fled me in the space of 2 years. Which is quite good, I imagine, but that’s not it... even if I were to move in from this game, maybe one day I’d wish to return, only to see it had been taken out by some copycat million-dollar budget corporate arse company that sought to steal that magic from DBD - but no. What am I thinking. I sound mental. I’m probably just making a big deal out of nothing. But I don’t care, I’m addressing this because I’m interested in HOD. And DBD, both equally the same.

HOD is a wide scale asymmetric Horror slasher game, similar to DBD yes, but the sheer expanse of the maps and playable ground is INSANE. I’ve also watched a great amount of gameplay, BETA testings, and countless videos on it. It’s safe to say that the game is AMAZING. But, so is DBD.

But DBD Doesn’t boast the same mechanics, the same features... it sorta lacks some of those vibes I mentioned, ya know? Like c’mon, literally just check out the picture I attached on this thread. It’s great. I know it’s just art for the game, but it’s certainly much more Friday-night slasher asymmetric Horror to me than DBD is.

But I don’t know, is it just me?

YOUR TURN

Now, feel free to go check it out yourself. I’m attaching several more pictures below just in case you wanna quickly see em and go. And please, no toxicity on this forum, just honest opinions and your own personal beliefs on the matter. Pick a side, DBD or HOD! Or, be like me, and join both. :)

Thank you all for taking the time to (hopefully) read this discussion. Now it’s your turn.

P.S I tagged Halloween because this whole discussion gives me the Halloween vibe talkin bout HOD!

Comments