Farming !

Hello ,

I just played against a killer who was farming . Not the first time but for the second time .

Then when I threatened him that I was recording and would report it he laughed and told me to get lost , Shut up and Report all I want !

It Sucks that there's no Solid Punishment for Killers who Farm .

Comments

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

Sometimes when 2 survivors dc, it can be fun to farm. Also during certain events, it's great and everybody wins.

killers and survivors can play How they want. If he wanted to farm, you could have taken advantage of the free bps and pips. Or you could dc. Or you could just take advantage of the free gens and escap e.

sort of a no brainer easy game for you...

• Wuhelm
    Wuhelm Member Posts: 260

Ya know some people just need attention, I guess he was lonely.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I farm all the time, usually always get a thank you message from at least one survivor. Why complain about a killer letting you escape once in a while?

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Farming bloodpoints by itself isn't bannable as far as I know.

Forcing survivors to farm and selectively killing those who refuse to participate however is bannable as you're literally getting "farmed to death" by survivors who -for the sake of farming- work with the killer (which is bannable as well) in that particular scenario.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,146

Farming in general is not bannable.

This scenario is bannable: the killer farms with three survivors, the fourth doesn't want to farm, so the killer and first three survivors farm him to death or attempt to force him to participate against his will.

In other words, it's only bannable if someone is victimized.

• Naphemil
    Naphemil Member Posts: 66

this is why I always play to win and if I can get two kills with 3 gens left I'll try to see if they're up to farm, if not then I simply continue on as usual.

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236

Regardless of someone disconnecting or not .

It's against The Game Rules .

It's no Excuse to Farm and get easy points . And everyone should be punished in the game if they don't resume normally !

• Attackfrog

Lol yet everyone wins And all players get "easy points", regardless of role. And how can you enforce this "rule" ?

The VAST majority of players I have farmed with have thanked me post game...so...

so when everyone is on board, it actually benefits the entire group (killer and survivor). And nobody complains.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

Its been said by some mods i think that farming is fine because nobody is being hurt by thr killer's "gamethrow". Similar to how killers will use builds that are meant to lose like no blink nurse.

In my opinion I don't like farming as it is dreadfully boring, which is why I when I "farm" i just play normal but I just don't kill survivors nor tell them I am farming, funner for all i'd say.

Anyway the takeaway is that farming isn't reportable because the killer isn't actually doing anything wrong.

• Maj33y

@Wuhelm

I'm not posting it for you , I want the Devs to do something about this , obviously there's a Huge number of players farming esp around every event and Ruin the game and FYI I've already reported once but I' not gonna keep doing that to every killer farming I've met.

There needs to be certain measures taken to stop it from happening .

E.g - 20,000 Blood Points to all players if the match is found to be a Farming Game .

Freezing Blood point Gains for the next Match !

#moderator @Devteam

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

i play killer and farm often. the game is full of toxic people, and i want to help make people feel less stressed out. when i farm i also often do dumb stuff to hopefully get the survivors to laugh or something. but also when i farm, i often get LESS points than the survivors do. why is farming a bad thing? if you dont want to participate, then DC, or, just do gens, open the gates, then go ahead and get out with your free bloodpoints. i wont stop you, im too busy feral frenzy vaulting the same window over and over.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,146

You feral frenzy vault the same window over and over? I feral frenzy vault the same window over and over! I don't know why, but I quite enjoy doing that. lol

(You're not alone in the way you play; I often farm and meme around as well. Good times should be had by all in this often frustrating and stressful game.)

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

The Dev team have been aware of farming since the game and events started. I would imagine that if they were going to start punishing people for it, they would have done so by now.

But good luck I guess.

• Wuhelm
    Wuhelm Member Posts: 260

So what you are saying is that you used the in game reporting feature to report him? If not, sucks for you, if you did why make another post about it, it screams "seeking attention".

• Attackfrog

I just want to know what your issue with farming is?

Do you hate easy bloodpoints?

You hate low stress, easy matches where the killer allows you to gain bloodpoints?

I just can't see why anyone would complain about this...

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I dislike farming, so here is my explanation: It's super boring. I'm playing a game because I literally want to play a game. I don't want to "play" an repair-and-unhook simulator.

• dist0rt
    dist0rt Member Posts: 32

Eh, it has a place and time but I see both views on it

• Attackfrog

Does it happen often enough that you hate it? (Genuinely asking)

I play killer mostly and only farm during these type of events after daily is complete. I don't typically farm during normal game mode so was curious what the beef was. Do you run into farmers a lot during a typical game?

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I rarely have farming games outside of events. During bp events, there is more of them, of course.

It doesn't matter to me how often I get these matches, I just don't want to play boring games in my free time.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

..... why would you complain about a killer that wants to farm? I spent the past 3 or 4 hours playing against #########, face campers, and tunnelers who made me waste numerous BP offerings.

Farming is all I want to do during double BP

• Pandifer
    Pandifer Member Posts: 37

It is an 18+ game. During double BP. If they want to do that, and they are not harming you, just let it go. Everyone is an adult and can make their choices.

• Maj33y

I don't care about players asking to farm if they wanna do that they can do it among themselves .

I usually get Several messages . Killer sending a message pre-game saying farm . It's fine I usually just leave . Cause I have 0 interest in Farming games . You end up with the same amount of BP and it's boring BP max capped at 32k . So I'd rather play a fun fair game where the killer haunts the players like they're supposed to and get better in the game and try out different perk combos etc.

But some players only Message you to farm when you're in game and if I DC i would De-pip or De-Rank because some Losers decided to farm .

Or They're all Friends in a party and Farm Randoms forceibly I don't know about you but it happened to me so many times esp during events .

And I'm a Survivor main . I enjoy playing with a team rather than on my own but because there are too many Farming games I find myself forced to play killer which I don't like , So that I can decide if it's Farming or not only !

Devs Say it's fine , it's not bannable !

I disagree and I urge them to Penalize it , or make Blood point Gains easier so that there won't be a need to farm and it becomes less frequent or pointless .