The demogorgon's now break pallet by default but Legion can't??

MissGamer456
MissGamer456 Member Posts: 154
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

Quote from patch notes "The Demogorgon's Shred special ability now breaks pallets by default. Because of this change, we have re-worked the Red Moss add-on."

I find this very upsetting not because of this change, but because Legion has the same ultra rare add-on that let's them break pallets except they're vaulting. Legion should also be able to break pallets by default with his special ability (Frenzy) giving their current state. It just seems unfair they didn't make this change for Legion as well and they totally should. Majority of Legions add-ons needs a rework period.

Post edited by MissGamer456 on

Comments

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Real life "sense" should never be the guide to balance a game. Legions iri addon doesn't make him bold out of the sudden so it's a bad explanation anyway.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

Anyway, it doesn't matter. The developers focus on one thing at a time, and right now its on the Stranger Things Chapter, whatever they do with Legion is probably still being debated.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Seeing Nurse can't even comprehend what a pallet is, I can get behind this 😂

Look I LOVE Legion, they got nerfed into the ground because of pressure from the community and the Devs went too far with it. They did say they are going to change Legion's add-ons but that won't fix them, it will not. Saying that, I don't think making that add-on base is the right thing to do. It is their most powerful add-on and gets rid of that awful stupid speed change to vaulting them but it doesn't look right.

Legion needs help but this is not it, also if they did make it base then what could they possibly get to replace that add-on? Breaking the pallet is unique and therefore Ultra worthy but what could possibly replace that?

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

If we are using logic, what people are running at full speed while they puking ? What people can be hit with a hatchet in their head or chainsawed and not die instantly ? What people can lose so many blood and still survive ?

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Lol imagine scrawny Legion going all hulk on a pallet XD He/she would just hurt themselves... they would go to injure state!

Too funny!

• MissGamer456

It's funny how people are talking and laughing about it's not being logical to a fiction game. It's all about balance for the killer. 🙄

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited September 2019

Okay, but why?

You say for balance, but that's too broad.

Why would this balance it out?

• MissGamer456
    edited September 2019

Think about maps that have lots of pallets, that too large, or have tons of safe loops. Legion is very easy to loop and if you are a decent to good survivor you can literally loop them the entire game on one safe pallet if they don't break the pallet {trust me I've done it} and even if they do break the pallet the survivor will just run to other safe pallet loop. Having the ability to break the pallet by default with Frenzy can end endless looping and chases quicker.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

And this is a thing a lot of Legion players agree with?

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

I agree, Legion needs more added to their power other than a special cat and mouse chase,

• MemberBerry
    MemberBerry Member Posts: 394

Demogorgon is a MF-ing 3 meter tall monster from another dimension, weighting god knows how much, presenting pretty much a perfect hunting organism. Him breaking pallets with brute force and lunging as far as he does over windows make sense. Legion members couldn't even solo the Clown, let alone break pallets when climbing over them.

On a serious note, devs are most likely planning to rework them, their current state is a temporary plasterfix.

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302

Demogorgon is crushing into pallet with force of an big animal.

Legion just vault over it so it would not make sense for them to destroy pallet by vaulting without addon

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Yeah and the doctors shock should shatter a pallet, if the trapper places a trap next to a pallet it should break (just because), wraith should ghost through pallets and boom they break all by themselves, clowns tonic is the ultimate pallet destroyer, Freddy snares too, and don't forgot the bag if she places a trap under a pallet and it goes off that pallets totally dead.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

well if i remember correctly Demo cant curve his power around loops so he cant curve it as effectively as billy + he is taking more fatigue time xd so thats not a problem

but imagine legion on 1 power destroying 5 pallets xd and demo has cd after that legions add on makes him dash and he can stab you (ofc this stab isnt lethal) but why would you activate your power as legion to only break pallet and get stunned (im not talking about taking full add on power, but changing it as demo is now) isnt it better do kick pallet and use power to keep up with surv? (for legion ofc) and if you want to tell but if someone can have red add on base kit we want too (well lets make 1st myers T3 perma :) oh wait its plague when noone is cleansing xD )

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

The big thing that you have to consider as to why Legion needs an ultra rare add-on to break pallets, vs demogorgon is simple: Unlike Demogorgon, who experiences a 2.25 second cooldown after he breaks the pallet, Legion keeps running without any cooldown. That actually makes the automatic pallet breaks worthy of an ultra rare. Can you imagine if, with an ultra rare add-on, if Billy could keep his chainsaw sprint going and just charge through the pallets without stopping? Demogorgon on the other hand has a cooldown from breaking them and doesn't even 1 shot survivors with his Shred attack. This made the Ultra Rare add-on laughably undeserving of its cost, when the ability should always have been base kit. For Legion on the other hand, given that they don't get a cooldown and can keep chasing after vault-breaking the pallet, their add-on's Ultra Rare status makes sense. If it were incorporated as part of their base kit, we'd get nothing but cries for nerfing them... AGAIN... clogging up these forums.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

I agree, if only because I like the idea of free points any time I blink through a pallet

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

Thank you for those numbers! I've seen the stats for the base shred but not how add ons interacted with it. Much appreciated.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I agree Legion needs buffs, but this doesn't make sense at all. : P

Sure, it would make chases end sooner, but if you're being looped in Frenzy, you're not doing it right.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Legion requires a full rework

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited September 2019

The Legion needs a ton of buffs, to get rid of this stupid and disastrous patch bhvr has put on them, but please not that.

The devs should imo concentrate on making the Legion fast again, so that she can reach a survivor in the same time span as the pre patch Legion at least (still asking me for what the devs are afraid? Too much fear that a Legion would hit to often a survivor with the useless dw abilitie bhvr? Anyways...).

• Larisa
    Larisa Member Posts: 176

Virgin legion go home stinkeh

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

honestly removing being insta stunned after missing a FF attack would be a solid addon

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

No. Legions URs are fine. Other addons not tho.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

That only can someone say who not care about the Legion playerbase, or didn't know it better.

The Legion had a unique playstyle and no matter what some people think about that - as long as the Legion fits not again in some way to this unique playstyle (how ever that will look at the end), she is not fine to the people who have bought the Legion because of the advertisment video of the Legion as example.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Balancing is hard

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

And the advertisement video of GF? No argument dude. I enjoy playing current legion, but pre-rework legion just destroyed every rank except reds. At the moment he needs some minor buffs to his base and some addons reworked.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

Running face first into the pallet with enduring then breaking normally is still better than a 5sec stun after you vaulted though.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Good reason for this, he makes more distance when vaulting the pallet than when Demi hits the pallet with Shred

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Yeah some pipsqueak vaulting over a pallet should break it instantly ... hilarious!

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

People needs to understand, that this game is not real and doesn't must make a sense. So might as well give a Legion an ability to destroy pallets when vaulting. HELLO This is DEAD BY DAYLIGHT

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited September 2019

You will need to wait for Legion's buffs

The nerfs pretty much killed Legion before

Demogorgon makes sense since he is a monster, and his takes longer than billy and leatherface, plus he will do the roar thing

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

The reason why this is here because it would give legion a stronger pallet break ability than other killers as they make more distance that other killers

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Because it would make Legion somewhat good.

We can't have that now can we?

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Mmmm yes and no. If the Legion wants he can easily hit you, but they still needs wait 4 seconds from the cooldown, so it doesn't make them any stronger, just save a time from breaking a pallets outside of FF.

• MasterManMike
    MasterManMike Member Posts: 19

Yes because before patch demo could definitely vault pallets by default just like legion so it's definitely the same thing and the devs are definitely treating the legion unfairly...

• Jimsalabim
    Jimsalabim Member Posts: 641

wow thank you so much for these stats, i was looking for that.

I didnt know that 2 addons helped reduce the time to recover from breaking a pallet.

Does that make these 2 addons the strongest he has? after all they are only brown and yellow addons

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452

I agree with the statements that it's much more logical that Demo can break pallets vs Legion breaking every pallet they vault. The fact that Legion can vault pallets at all is what makes them unique among killers. In general I disagree with the logic of "Killer A is more powerful so now Killer B should be changed since they have a similar add-on/perk as the rework of Killer A."

The fact that the killers have different powers and abilities is a GOOD thing. There should be some more powerful killers that are easier for newbies to play and there should be trickier ones that are more challenging to master for experienced players. Otherwise the game would be boring! We already have survivors that are basically reskins of each other after a certain point. Do we really want to make the killers more homogeneous? I don't!

• PiedPiper365
    PiedPiper365 Member Posts: 231

Imma be honest me being a killer main I find that if legion can break pallets that would be very stupid, cuz him being able to ignore the pallets and vault over it is amazing itself and the legion would look very stupid and op if he can vault over and break it