Hag is OP Now

Star99er
Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
As she should be. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Played 5 games as her so far, not one of those games did the survivors get close to finishing the gens.

Comments

• MusicBox
    MusicBox Member Posts: 33

Something begin op is not the right way of doing things .
    At best she would be balanced , lowering the trap speed is great for her now u can think about taking any add on besides Necklets .
    Now u can set traps middle chase without the penalty of surv geting far away for seting a trap on a loop .
    Removing the downsides of her add on's is a great thing for all hag players , I for sure will enjoy playing her lot more even without addons.
    I enjoy her buff but i probly will see surv say she's OP n need to get nerfed next patch ~(I DARE YA SURV TO DO IT )

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

wait until the people get used to it and figure out some tactics against her.
    Remember when people called Freddy op? Truth is: He never was.

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Eh good bait, made me click.

Just know that words have power. You calling her OP opened that can of worms.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

My only issue with her that's been consistent is that her trap can be triggered so far away whereas a Trappers traps you actually have to stand on them or get within their radius. If you did to his traps how the Hags work you'd never see anyone doing a disarm and anyone within 5 meters would get trapped.

• serabeth90
    serabeth90 Member Posts: 100
    edited July 2018

Yeah, she kind of is. I started playing the game just a month ago and I was content to just be a rank 20 killer and have fun learning the game and messing around. I now inadvertently pretty much am constantly ranking up and got to 15 just tonight with pretty much 4k each game. I'm queueing games with rank 10s somehow which I would think is way too high for me, given my permanent rank 20 status throughout the month and sure enough I am running into survivors that are so mean and nasty (no matter if I kill them or don't even hook a person). I am just playing to have fun and I want to be where I should be but I still want to do my best so I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Anyone know if you can just turn off chat? I've tried just leaving quickly but these ######### have their nasty comments all ready to go before I can click "Leave". I don't have any desire to speak to any of them beyond a gg whether I win or lose but at this point I just want to leave instantly. I know they're just idiots and their salty comments shouldn't really get to me, but it's kind of alarming when you realize these people are either taking something so seriously you're just playing for fun, or are so intent on harassing you to tell you how bad you are that they try to friend you and send you hate mail through Steam :X.

Ahem. But yes, back to hag. I don't even have OP perks on her. I do have rank 3 ruin but the rest of my setup is rank 1 trash. They typically find and kill my totem pretty quickly anyways. I have no tracking perks, unless you count the new bitter murmur (rank 1) that I use for lack of anything better in that slot. It generally doesn't help me at all. Her far range is pretty glorious though and I love the trap setting time.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@serabeth90 said:
    Yeah, she kind of is. I started playing the game just a month ago and I was content to just be a rank 20 killer and have fun learning the game and messing around. I now inadvertently pretty much am constantly ranking up and got to 15 just tonight with pretty much 4k each game. I'm queueing games with rank 10s somehow which I would think is way too high for me, given my permanent rank 20 status throughout the month and sure enough I am running into survivors that are so mean and nasty (no matter if I kill them or don't even hook a person). I am just playing to have fun and I want to be where I should be but I still want to do my best so I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Anyone know if you can just turn off chat? I've tried just leaving quickly but these ######### have their nasty comments all ready to go before I can click "Leave". I don't have any desire to speak to any of them beyond a gg whether I win or lose but at this point I just want to leave instantly. I know they're just idiots and their salty comments shouldn't really get to me, but it's kind of alarming when you realize these people are either taking something so seriously you're just playing for fun, or are so intent on harassing you to tell you how bad you are that they try to friend you and send you hate mail through Steam :X.

Ahem. But yes, back to hag. I don't even have OP perks on her. I do have rank 3 ruin but the rest of my setup is rank 1 trash. They typically find and kill my totem pretty quickly anyways. I have no tracking perks, unless you count the new bitter murmur (rank 1) that I use for lack of anything better in that slot. It generally doesn't help me at all. Her far range is pretty glorious though and I love the trap setting time.

There is a little button near the chat that looks like this :">>"

Click on it. It makes the chat text bar/box slide to the right and makes it disappear completely. Never have to see anything ever again if you do this.

• serabeth90

@Envees said:

@serabeth90 said:

There is a little button near the chat that looks like this :">>"

Click on it. It makes the chat text bar/box slide to the right and makes it disappear completely. Never have to see anything ever again if you do this.

Thank you <3!

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@serabeth90 said:
    Yeah, she kind of is. I started playing the game just a month ago and I was content to just be a rank 20 killer and have fun learning the game and messing around. I now inadvertently pretty much am constantly ranking up and got to 15 just tonight with pretty much 4k each game.

It's easier for newbie killers to kill newbie survivors in general.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

I have seen more of the Hag since the patch than I have in weeks/months. But she doesn't seem OP at all. She seems much the same, except she places the traps faster.

• serabeth90

@Eninya said:

@serabeth90 said:
    Yeah, she kind of is. I started playing the game just a month ago and I was content to just be a rank 20 killer and have fun learning the game and messing around. I now inadvertently pretty much am constantly ranking up and got to 15 just tonight with pretty much 4k each game.

It's easier for newbie killers to kill newbie survivors in general.

Yeah, but I'm pretty bad in general....most of my swings are misses and I easily lose track of people, so to go from playing hag permanently at 20 to instantly rank 15, I think she got a lot better is a better bet than I got a lot better.

Also you'd be surprised at the number of survivors at low rank that are actually really good. You can tell, because they seem like they don't belong with the other survivors. They are usually the one with a flashlight and that move so that I swing and miss and then do the crouch down and butt wiggle thing every time they stun or blind or are evading me :X.

• Kale
    Kale Member Posts: 61

Hag is strong, but still Nurse/Huntress/Billy keeping dominating the tier list.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Only thing that's OP about the Hag is teammate stupidity in facing her.

I had the same meg get tunneled twice because she would sprint from the hook instead of crouching away like I did. (You'd think seeing me crouch up to the hook 2 times would clue her in on how to beat the traps) Even if the hag walks back to the hook at that point, I'm there to get her attention. But if you trigger the trap then run bleeding, you bet that killer is going to be on you like a frenzied shark in bloody water.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    This sounds like rank 20 imo
  • Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,004

"Hag is OP"
    Ah, there's a sentence I never thought I'd hear again. Er, read again.

But really, this is basically like release all over again for the Hag. For some reason, I was seeing a lot more Hags right before the patch was announced, but in general, a lot of players weren't/aren't experienced playing against her since she's always been very rare. Once they figure out what they're doing, she won't seem quite as strong.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

The hag is a new killer at the moment.
    Nobody actually knows how to play against her because she was never played, even less than freddy.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Killers are supposed to seem op, no one survivor should burn out more than half of the game for one chase. A competent killer is supposed to trump a single competent survivor, this game doesn't have that kind of balance yet.
  • Master

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Killers are supposed to seem op, no one survivor should burn out more than half of the game for one chase. A competent killer is supposed to trump a single competent survivor, this game doesn't have that kind of balance yet.

It will be a long and salty way till survivors understand that :wink:

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Star99er said:
    As she should be. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
    Played 5 games as her so far, not one of those games did the survivors get close to finishing the gens.

Hag really hasn't changed a ton. Don't get me wrong she is better than before but people are not use to facing her. Urban Evasion makes her traps useless in some cases and knowing how Hag plays helps guess trap locations. People are freaking out because they simply don't understand/lack experience against her. I say give it a couple weeks and she will be mid/low tier again.

I'm happy she is better but give some time to adapt and things will settle down.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568

"Hag is OP"
    Ah, there's a sentence I never thought I'd hear again. Er, read again.

But really, this is basically like release all over again for the Hag. For some reason, I was seeing a lot more Hags right before the patch was announced, but in general, a lot of players weren't/aren't experienced playing against her since she's always been very rare. Once they figure out what they're doing, she won't seem quite as strong.

The Hag discord has been rather active in teaching people how to Hag recently, and Space Coconut put up an excellent guide on YouTube well before the patch. That might account for the uptick in Hags before the patch.
  • Timebomb0800
    Timebomb0800 Member Posts: 80

@serabeth90 said:

I'm a rank 1 killer main, and don't play much survivor, but I did get my survivor rank last season to rank 9 or 8 and I can tell you now as someone that plays against high rank survivors as well as having to play killer against low rank survivors, and as well as playing survivor with low ranked survivors, that 80%+ of all survivors that are lower than about rank 11-12 are complete trash. And even then, the rank 10 area of survivors aren't crash hot either

• Star99er
    Bravo0413 said:
    This sounds like rank 20 imo
    8*
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

hag does have more map control, but she still depends on bloodlust for chases.

• Star99er
    akbays35 said:

If youโ€™re a bad hag then yeah lol
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568

@Star99er said:
    akbays35 said:

Yeah, Bloodlust shouldn't even have time to activate if you've properly prepared the chase area. If you haven't, then why are you chasing there?

• Dabrownman1812
    Esheon said:

@Star99er said:
    akbays35 said:

Yeah, Bloodlust shouldn't even have time to activate if you've properly prepared the chase area. If you haven't, then why are you chasing there?

• Dabrownman1812
    Esheon said:

@Star99er said:
    akbays35 said:

Hag cant prepare everywhere due to low speed, there will be traps randomly set off or areas not trapped up that you chase someone into.
  • pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 603
    edited July 2018

The Hag needs important changes in some addons, this killer is very difficult to play, now is better but it is so far from the nurse or hillbilly.

• Master

@MegaWaffle said:

@Star99er said:
    As she should be. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Hag really hasn't changed a ton. Don't get me wrong she is better than before but people are not use to facing her. Urban Evasion makes her traps useless in some cases and knowing how Hag plays helps guess trap locations. People are freaking out because they simply don't understand/lack experience against her. I say give it a couple weeks and she will be mid/low tier again.

I'm happy she is better but give some time to adapt and things will settle down.

She is still extremely vulnerable against genrush