Why is every survivor player complaining about the match making change?

It fixed killer lobbys :) but now players say survivor lobbys takes 10 mins to find a match really it's 10 mins:) it's not that bad at all:) just for waiting 10 mins it's not that long. I really don't understand players when they fix one thing then they complain about another thing-:(

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

On PS4, I've been getting survivor matches quicker and killer matches slower since the hotfix.

• Cejar13321
    Cejar13321 Member Posts: 38
    edited September 2019

Currently 23 minutes in queue at rank 2, last game joined a 3 green rank survivor lobby and played against rank 9 killer.

"Why survivors complain about new matchmaking" XDDDDD

And i won't even talk about SWF queue times and quality. Since hotfix 90% of my friends haven't touched the game because its a waste of time when finding a lobby takes 2 times longer than a single game.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Ok thanks for clearing everything up guys:D so devs really messed this one up huh

• snowflake102

But hopefully when dedicated servers arrive it will fix this.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Lobbies were A LOT faster directly after the Demogorgon release for solo survivor and SWF groups.

Now it’s terrible queue times for SWF groups, at least for me because I don’t run into red ranks killers as often on PS4 even when I am solo.

The idea of having the highest rank survivor take priority on who you get matched with is a great idea but it just doesn’t work sometimes. I don’t wanna play lobby simulator. I don’t care who I get matched with, as long as queue times as quick.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Yeah, the lobbies were great. Whatever the hotfix did, it screwed queue times.

• snowflake102
    edited September 2019

I could say the same thing as killer:) before the hotfix killers took long to find a match and it still takes long to find a match as killer:( I don't know if it's the rank I'm at or not:(

• snowflake102
    edited September 2019

Ikr:( hope they fix this:( But hopefully dedicated servers will fix this issue:) because all we ask for was just fix a issue that caused high level players to be match with low level players:( cause it was unfair for the low rank players. But they said they found the issue yea right:(

• MegMain98
    edited September 2019

Never said it wasn’t an issue for killer. It’s pretty much expected that killer queues are gonna be long after a new killer is released. Everyone wants to play the new killer.

It’s not particularly a fair tradeoff to make one side have an insanely long queue time while the other has a very short queue time. Both sides shouldn’t have to wait over 10 minutes to get into a game that’ll last less time than the queue time.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

Oh boohoo. SWF have to wait to get into a lobby. The one time y'all aren't catered to in the game. Solo I find games immediately. Even as killer I wait about 5 minutes to get into a lobby which is pretty normal for killer. I think the change was great and much needed. Good job devs :)

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Cause survs get the bad end of the stick for once

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190

It's fine because people will eventually get fed up with queue times and killer queues will get longer and longer due to the lack of people playing survivor. Be careful what you wish for I guess because this definitely isn't the way this should go.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    edited September 2019

Im very satysfied with new matchmaking system. Now survivors will fell what killers felt for last 3 years.

Now i find matches in 10 second in red ranks instead of 20 minutes like it was for forever.

• Captain_Spaulding

You mean people shouldn't be allowed to bully new killers of the game? You mean swf should have all the power in the game? Nah son. Time for you and your buddies to

• Captain_Spaulding

Except idc if they get "nerfed" I cared about how easily it was to manipulate matchmaking to the degree they were doing. I don't give a rats ass if I face swf. I care about how it affected the game in general. It was putting more and more people away from the game and potentially growing the killer base. Now that it's fixed maybe we can generate a larger population. You don't care though. You want easy matches. Get the hell outta here with that.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    edited September 2019

10 minutes waiting time is way too long for a match that lasts 7 minutes. Yesterday I had around 5 minutes for both solo surv and killer (which doesn't make sense) and I stopped playing because of that.

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190

Sorry that you feel that way but I don't think taking your anger out on an online forum for a video game people play for fun is the way to go man.

• MegMain98

It’s not the fact that SWF groups want to bully newer killers. They just don’t want to play lobby simulator for 20 minutes to get into a match that will last a less amount of time than your queue time.

I don’t give a damn who I face off against. A SWF group and I see four flashlights? That’s funny. Spirit and Lightborn and they’re screwed. People make SWF groups out to he unbeatable.

It’s not a problem of them to “GiT gUd”. Who actually has an issue of facing red rank killers? They’re just players who play the game more often. Doesn’t mean they’re some sort of master at the time game. I’m red rank and I can play boosted as hell.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311
    edited September 2019

What sort of utterly ascended mindset makes people happy someone has annoyingly long wait times? Is this some consequence of only playing one side or what? Either way it's just straight up pathetically petty.

Believe me I was annoyed by long killer queues and I greatly appreciate that they are shorter, but this doesn't have to be some zero-sum game.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

Nope, they absolutely want to bully new killers and give the appearance they are better than they actually are. Farming BP while doing it is a part of that too.

• Ksoni

Someones really mad about new matchmaking system. About growing up. You had over 1K dislikes before they removed them.

• MegMain98
    edited September 2019

Yeah...SOME SWF groups are that way. Some are just causal friends just playing together. Not everybody sweats to bully the killer ya know. You can’t just group ALL SWF groups together and and they’re all terrible.

• Tucking_Friggered

2 in 10 you might be speaking on behalf of. The other 8 in 10 I point towards. I'd wager 1/2 of the 2 in 10 you represent are simply groups incapable of bullying anyone because they lack the talent.

• MegMain98
    edited September 2019

@Ksoni When did I say I was mad boo? I was stating my opinion on the matchmaking system and if you don’t like it then that is reeeeal tough ain’t it?

Maybe you need to focus on not getting jailed and stop worrying about other people 😘

....by the way, my downvote was under 200 before it got removed and I’ve been on the forums for almost a year longer than you. I wonder what yours was Ms. Spirit main XD

• MegMain98
    edited September 2019

Ugh...this makes my head pound.

I play killer in red ranks. I RARELY run into SWF groups who go into a match with the intention of making my game miserable. You act like it is every single game. And if they do? So what? I’m a competent enough killer to kill them all WITHOUT using moris and strong add-ons.

If I wanted to I could go into every match with Prayer Beads and an ebony and wreck everybody without thinking that they are also human. They aren’t bots.

If you’re concerned with SWF groups trying to bully you then obviously you’re not confident enough in your ability as a killer. If it’s THAT bad then I’d recommend playing Nurse or Spirit when you suspect an SWF group or just play survivor.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

I mean with that mindset I can only imagine you have a very loose definition of the word "bullying". Playing with someone else doesn't immediately give people some sort of brain virus that makes them a twat in-game.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,706

I want to remind everyone to keep the discussion constructive and polite, there's no need to attack other people for a different opinion.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited September 2019

The same can be said about you. If you can't deal with the new matchmaking perhaps you just aren't good enough to face high rank killers on your high rank survivor.

It comes down to someone can't be rank 1 and group up with a rank 20 to farm BP against rank 20 killers while still keeping their rank 1 status.

Sorry, not sorry.

People who reside in objective reality and intellectual honesty have no leg to stand on crying about the change. SWF breaks perks and the core uncertainty the game is based on. To even suggest somehow the disadvantaged who have to play against the intel hack known as VOIP are not rising to the challenge while the intel hack users are the victim is DAMN funny.

To further suggest these paying players at rank 20 should be forced to indulge you and your friends (3xR1, 1xR20, exploit group) for whatever reason du jour is even more amusing.

Sweet, sweet, entitlement.

Your group, your unfair group composition, your queue times, your problem.

I say this with no malice towards you but an overt frankness in apathy to the plight SWF lovers/abusers appear to now suffer from.

• Ksoni

Whoops i quoted the wrong person. Greetings from jail.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

maybe its because there's too many survivors and not enough killers :)

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

dunno whats going on here but queue times are insane good for me after the fix. im red rank killer and survivor and im getting lobbys quicker than before.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
  • Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183

because entitled cry babies want easy wins vs lower ranked killers which is why they queue with rank 20 survivors(on alt account).

dnt worry though, they won't revert this as they don't balance the game around cry baby, entitled survivor players.....oh wait

• MegMain98
    edited September 2019

You’re not a good reader I see...

I have no issues facing killers my own rank. Bring it on. I don’t care. If I die, oh well...it’s happened countless times what is another time gonna do? Not a damn thing. I can deal with any killer. Any rank. Anybody. That’s never what I said and if you would get your head out of your ass then you would be able to comprehend what I said first off.

I. Do. Not. Care. What. Rank. Killer. I. Get.

My issue is sitting in queues for ten years and playing lobby simulator while staring at the campfire. Queues are TERRIBLE for SWF groups. I don’t wanna see queues be terrible for either side. Sure they fixed queue times for killer but it’s super long for survivor. You can’t fix one and then break the other.

YOUR own personal bias toward SWF groups makes you think they’re all up to no good. I have a chill friend group I play with and if you wanna judge me for playing with friends go right ahead. If playing with friends means I’ll be judged by somebody I don’t personally know then whatever.

I guess people should be punished for playing with friends on a MULTIPLAYER game. Sounds like perfect sense.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

What is wrong with you? Assuming 80% of SWF groups are tryhard sweatfests that want to bully the poor newbies? What if, and this is a crazy thought, they play in groups bc they have friends and they want to play a video game with them. I know, crazy thought.

Killers complained up and down about queue times being unreasonably long for a very long time. Now BHVR has fixed that issue but it's flown so far it went in the opposite direction, and now we have killer mains like yourself acting like it's some cosmic justice that all Surviviors have to pay bc matchmaking that they didn't design just gave them shorter queue times. That's not something you should be happy to hear and if you are, you probably need to take a break from video games.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
  • PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

Yes bc crybaby Surviviors wanted exhaustion nerfed, medium vaults added, Decisive strike reworked, Mettle of man gutted, pallet spawns nerfed, the entity blocker, flashlight nerfs, healing nerfed, prove thyself nerfed, gen speeds nerfed, Noed to exist, and Bloodlust all in the game.

No matter how you slice it the devs have always had a killer bias.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

So far, the queues seem to be about the same for me from before, so whatever the devs did did not have any noticeable benefit to me. Add in seemingly massively increased queue times for Survivors (along with other bugs), and I'd say you've got yourself a botched hotfix.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

Well I only get an hour to play when its the week. 10 minutes is a long time. also I get into matches like 3 minutes not 10

This discussion has been closed.