The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I can't end chases quick enough.

I just suck at killer I guess.

Comments

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Take the corners as sharply as possible, and break pallets on the side that forces the survivor to double back the way they came. What killers do you play?

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

Demogorgon, Billy, Spirit. A and S tier killers and I cannot perform.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

I wouldn't worry much than, you aren't gonna be even good at a killer that have high skill levels like billy and spirit over night. I would watch videos over the killers you play, helped me a lot.

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

how new are you to playing killer? just curious

• TheGorgon

Been playing killer seriously while leaving survivors by the side for 4 months. Before though, I had played killer often. I'm currently at rank 6 as killers and can't seem to even get a 2k.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

I can't either. Chases take me around 30 seconds. Fortunately the survivors I'm fighting aren't very good so I'm fine.

Sometimes I go up against a good survivor and the chase takes a minute. But in these cases most of his teammates are potatoes at the current rank I'm at for Killer so I still end up killing most or all of them.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited September 2019

Try to feather Hillbilly's chainsaw as you approach pallets, so you can chop them quickly. I've even had standoffs with survivors who I have baited into waiting to drop the pallet, and I've run straight through and mowed them down. Also, do NOT try to saw survivors from a distance, get RIGHT UP BEHIND THEM and run the saw.

Spirit relies a lot on predicting survivor behavior. Try to cut off the critical path through a pallet, meet them on the other side of a window, pull people off generators, or listen for pain grunts and corner them. You have to learn to rely on audio cues and follow scratch marks. A good Spirit can seem omnipotent, but if you're not careful you can end up making big mistakes and mindgaming yourself.

• Haz
    Haz Member Posts: 23

I wouldn't even sweat it. There are a ton of people with thousands of hours and been playing for years. Watch the sweaty streamers for some tips and keep practicing. Even beastly killers have some bad games.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Chases dont end fast enough cause of exhaustion perks and instaheals

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

Do not respect pallets, its the best advice I've gotten and it takes awhile not to. try to end a chase whiten 40 seconds, Always try to run ruin, Don't feel bad for running noed. and also have fun

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

* Chases don’t end fast enough because I cannot outplay the survivor quick enough. Instead of improving my gameplay, I choose to blame it on things in the game.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

try using save the best for last, it will help you end chases rly quick with 8 tokens

• Justified
    Justified Member Posts: 15

Alt here always with the snarky comments. Find something else to do with your time brother. 😋

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Being able to end a chase within 30 seconds consistently is elite level... Unless you're playing against potatoes who run into walls after the first hit that is.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

Well, two quick tips I guess.

Mix it up. Mindgames like doubling back are good and all, but you don't want to make your unpredictable action predictable. Sometimes you try trickery, sometimes you try brute force and just hold W. And mix up the mindgames too. Fake that you're doubling back, that sort of thing. Don't become too predictable.

And also learn which pallets are safe and which are unsafe. A survivor commiting to some unsafe pallets basically means you will hit them if you play it right, and on the Badham reworks and the new map there's quite a few pallets like this. But do not fear pallets, ESPECIALLY the safe ones. You want them gone.

And a Billy-specific tip that sort of goes into the unpredictability - fake your chainsaw charge sometimes by pallets. Survivors don't know if you're keeping your chainsaw at 95% or 5%, and they might get greedy and go for another loop which can let you cancel your chainsaw and get a M1 on them.

I can't really give spirit tips, but there's lots of people that play her on here. Hopefully they can give you some tips 🙂

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Yeah once you crack the low Purple/Red ranks the games get a bit more intense.

Dont let one survivor run you around for too long, focus on the weak link and try to snow ball.

Work on your mind games and bring add ons and perks that compliment each other, you won’t 4K every game but 2-3k with a pip is a win in my books.

• TheGorgon
    edited September 2019

Thing is, I've been running STBFL, Ruin and have always tried hitting through pallets.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

alright then try using enduring + spirit fury, it's 90% a free hit since the pallet almost breaks instantly

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887
    edited September 2019

Honestly don't feel bad. Unless you are Nurse who is immune to traditional looping, or Spirit for the mind games at loops, you are playing a killer who can be looped into oblivion.

Its not that you suck, it just takes practice at chases. How to work certain loops etc. Even then there are some loops that will give you a headache no matter how great of a chaser you are. I've seen some of the best killers walk away from them because they know its a precious time waster.

A good killer knows when to break chase.