Pretty Good Job so far, but we need dedicated servers

fcc2014
fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Huntress Iridescent Hatchets Quits, Michael Myers with Judith Tombstone and an active Hex ruin quits. I totally understand Leatherface quitting based on him getting stuck but still. Console Needs dedicated servers. This is way to common for both killers and survivors. I added in music to make quitting more entertaining.

https://youtu.be/30Buue19lr4

Comments

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I completely agree. I think that is honestly my biggest complaint for console is dedicated servers.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited July 2018

Well its not like its a console-only problem :wink:

However most console users play via wifi, so that doesnt make it better :lol:

• fcc2014

The frame rate is terrible on most of the maps, but the rage quitting is insane. I'm not singling out killers either survivors are just as bad and in some cases even worse.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited July 2018
    RQ on Console is pretty bad. They quit at the slightest inconvenience.
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Dedicated servers take alot of time and money to switch to. The whole process was surprisingly silly when For Honor did it.

• fcc2014

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    RQ on Console is pretty bad. They quit at the slight inconvenience.

Exactly: Don't like the map, killer has hex ruin, killer is someone they don't want to face, they got away in chase, they fixed a few generators and they haven't found anyone, the gates are about to be powered, The moon was too bright, The killer brought a mori.

• MasochistFreddyMain
    MasochistFreddyMain Member Posts: 42
    Did Leatherface quit because he was stuck or because of the excessive teabagging? But yes dedicated servers would be nice, probably not going to happen though. 
  • ChesterTheMolester
    fcc2014 said:

Exactly: Don't like the map, killer has hex ruin, killer is someone they don't want to face, they got away in chase, they fixed a few generators and they haven't found anyone, the gates are about to be powered, The moon was too bright, The killer brought a mori.

When you get found first, miss your d-strike, survivor puddings or escape cakes, oak offerings, devour hope or huntress lullaby got more than 1 token, hits/misses at pallets, bodyblock hit by wraith, bamboozle at killer shack. 

The list is probably not even complete.
  • fcc2014

Yes apparently my teabagging was the cause of Leatherface's misery and not the fact he wasted a blood pudding, depipped and got stuck in a pallet.

• fcc2014

fcc2014 said:

When you get found first, miss your d-strike, survivor puddings or escape cakes, oak offerings, devour hope or huntress lullaby got more than 1 token, hits/misses at pallets, bodyblock hit by wraith, bamboozle at killer shack. 

We could make a thread just with reasons people quit on both sides. Just to see the absurd justification for why they disconnect.

• ChesterTheMolester
    fcc2014 said:

fcc2014 said:

We could make a thread just with reasons people quit on both sides. Just to see the absurd justification for why they disconnect.

Gotta do it in the steam forum or reddit. And im honestly a bit to lazy.
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I truly hate RQing. I can accept tbagging, looping, face camping, 5 gen tunneling. I am good with that. Rage quitting though, that is the one thing that will piss me off quicker than anything. I do not care if you are a killer or survivor, there is no reason at all to RQ.

Now, I have had a few games as a killer when someone DCed, but sent me a message and saying something real life happened and that was why they quit. I can accept that honestly.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

I don't know if we'll ever get dedicated servers. i think we'd have better luck asking for harsher punishments for disconnecting.

• fcc2014

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    I don't know if we'll ever get dedicated servers. i think we'd have better luck asking for harsher punishments for disconnecting.

There is currently no enforcement anyway. I was just reading the patch notes for 2.0.1 and i admit i like a lot of what i see. Here is my issue a loop hole so to speak. Rank 15 will be the new toxic playground. You can derank as often as you want if a game isn't going your way and you won't be de-leveled past 15 until season reset. So game not going your way quit, don't want to leave easy matches quit, this will be the "scum hole safety net".

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@fcc2014 said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

There is currently no enforcement anyway. I was just reading the patch notes for 2.0.1 and i admit i like a lot of what i see. Here is my issue a loop hole so to speak. Rank 15 will be the new toxic playground. You can derank as often as you want if a game isn't going your way and you won't be de-leveled past 15 until season reset. So game not going your way quit, don't want to leave easy matches quit, this will be the "scum hole safety net".

Yeah, I've been worried about that too. That rank 15 would just become the new rank 20 with slightly better players. I think a lot of this could be solved by a better report system though. If people were punished more for disconnecting besides just losing bloodpoints, then this might not be as big a problem as it could become.

• fcc2014

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@fcc2014 said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Yeah, I've been worried about that too. That rank 15 would just become the new rank 20 with slightly better players. I think a lot of this could be solved by a better report system though. If people were punished more for disconnecting besides just losing bloodpoints, then this might not be as big a problem as it could become.

Maybe we are wrong. I'm hoping we are because those 20-16 will be in for hell when they get to 15. Someone yesterday posted about getting their niece the game and how toxic the groups were she ran into. Imagine what 15 could turn into. The 15's that can will leave as soon as possible. The ones that want easy matches will stay and feed off of the players that can't get out of the rank. Then you have the newbies finally getting to 15 and getting swallowed up by these guys. Can't imagine that will help the replay value.

• MasochistFreddyMain
    fcc2014 said:

Yes apparently my teabagging was the cause of Leatherface's misery and not the fact he wasted a blood pudding, depipped and got stuck in a pallet.

I’ve been stuck in a pallet and let survivors finish the match without dc-ing. 
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

We definitely need Dedicated server, For Honor did it in a year, DBD can do the same, DBD earned more money tbh

• fcc2014

@Someissues said:
    We definitely need Dedicated server, For Honor did it in a year, DBD can do the same, DBD earned more money tbh

and continues to with $tore.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Time is money. I can wait...gimme your monies.
  • Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@MasochistFreddyMain said:
    fcc2014 said:

The Survivors can get the Killer out of the pallet by letting Killer grab during vault, some Survivors are jerks though and I can understand a Killer leaving because of this. I always get them unstuck.

I think this only happens on Shelter Woods at the shack on a pallet save.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@Tizzle said:
    The Survivors can get the Killer out of the pallet by letting Killer grab during vault, some Survivors are jerks though and I can understand a Killer leaving because of this. I always get them unstuck.

Most survivors don't know this. It's rare to even happen.

• Asssthetic
    Asssthetic Member Posts: 203

We just need a casual mode for this game. A mode with no perks or all perks but you get no bloodpoints and don't rank up so people won't try super hard and can actually enjoy the game.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Dedicated servers for all sides would be great since it'd reduce a lot of the problems that are there now.

1. Fps issues would probably improve as would altency but not guaranteed for fps but hopefully.

2. Quitters would be a lot easier to punish since it'd be easier to track and thus punish.

3. Lag switchers and hackers would be pretty non existent at that point since no more peer to peer and they could get rid of EAC which everyone abuses right now. Going to VAC bans would nuke the cheaters really quickly.

4. You could try out a solo queue only side as well as all group size to see if it helps the problem killers that have an issue with sfw. (It won't change anything most likely).

5. Dedicated servers would allow for easier patching as well as being able to change maps etc without making clients download a massive patch every time there's an update. You'd also be able to do server side bug fixes without requiring client updates.

• MasochistFreddyMain
    Tizzle said:

@MasochistFreddyMain said:
    fcc2014 said:

I got stuck on Blackwater underneath one of the smaller buildings. They ran so fast they probably didn’t notice. I messaged them to let them know to finish up.