The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Stalking mechanic

Hello guys

I am a big fan of DbD but I really can't stand that "stalking" crap. People chase you and stalk you while they are right next to you. I have 2 ideas of how to make it better so I don't hate the Shape and Ghostface:

1. Stalking is just available/people get only stalked from 10 metres (or whatever) distance

2. You cannot stalk while you are in a chase

I don't see anything unfair about that. I mean what do YOU think when you hear the term "stalking".

Ps: I know you can detect Ghostface but when he chase you and uses Nightshroud during a chase he stalks you at least to 50% before you can even manage to detect him.

What do you think? And try to be nice and objectively :)

Comments

• Pennosuke
    Pennosuke Member Posts: 100

Don't forget that survivors have the third person view camera, so you can see the killer easier than the killer try to see you.

I know that Ghost Face revealing mechanic is really buggy, sometimes you can't reveal him even he stand infront of you and in the middle of camera angle, sometimes you can reveal him even he's behind the wall.

But you still can learn how to not feed Shape and Ghost Face's stalking, just try to get out of their line of sight.

If you change the stalking mechanic like that, Shape and Ghost Face will become F-tier.

• Sigidisos
    Sigidisos Member Posts: 9

Well I don't know if you play a lot AGAINST them but they (especially Michael) chase you until they are right next to you, like really right next to you, maybe body block you if they can, and stalk you.

You cannot get always out of their sight, otherwise it would be ok. Imagine that they just stalk you and when you are in a chase they have to kill but not stalk you. It's what every killer has to do, is it that degrading?

About the camera angle:

If the killer sees you, you are screwed because he won't stop stalking you

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

you're attempting to nerf two mid-tier killers who's power is the only thing that make them who they are.

Somehow Nurse and Billy didnt irritate you but Derpface was able to?

Tip: Don't play the staring contest against him, run away and try to break his stealth instead/

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

No

• Sigidisos

Lol Michael Myers Midtier, yes of course. He has a mori add-on and can down more than one survivor in a certain time with one hit. Stalking from far or close, no exception, is stupid.

Why can he stalk until 99%, get close to someone and instadown him. You can't be serious to call Myers a Midtier killer.

You guys all say, just run away, go out of their sight. It feels like, you never played against them. It's just not possible to 100% avoid it

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,074

You must be new to the game if you think that... And I play a lot against Michael Myers.

• MrMadMask
    MrMadMask Member Posts: 28

You can't be bodyblocked while stalking. Stalking removes collisions. Also, try to play those two not stalking during chases, then tell us how many times your power triggered.

• Sigidisos

I have played that game since it came out on PS4 and there is literally nobody I asked who doesn't say that he is a really good character.

• Sigidisos

You say: Try not to stalk and tell you how many times the power can trigger? It's like you say try to not vomit with the Plague and tell me how many times someone gets infected.

That's why my first and main idea was to make stalking impossible to people who are a certain (very close) distance away.

• MrMadMask
    MrMadMask Member Posts: 28

Your idea is to limit those two from stalking from close distances. Do it and see how it works. Then come back and tell us if it was different from not using the power at all. Also, I NEVER said not to stalk. I just said not to stalk during chases, just like what your suggestions imply.

Last but not least, a suggestion: if even by applying your own suggestion you still get too many kills, you may want to close this discussion.