Talk about Broke as F

So what did you all do to the Ps4 version? I guess getting chapters out and to steal money from consumers is more important than actually testing out the patch... EGC countdown bar is broke and just pauses at will so that doesnt give the correct time you have left in the match. A LOT of random D/C's whether it be killer or survivor. Error's that send you back to the main screen. Infinite load screens now some times happen. Poor Frame rate still.... poor servers most killer hosts trash using net zero still. Thank god this was a free turd on psn and i never paid for this piece of trash game with greedy devs who are worse then EA!!

Comments

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

At least I know it's not just me experiencing all of these issues.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

I honestly think they released the version for Switch knowing it wasn’t really ready

• dist0rt
    dist0rt Member Posts: 32

Yeah it's pretty bad. Not bad enough to be that angry tho.

• StupidPallets
    StupidPallets Member Posts: 395

I agree with your logic, but I mostly agree with your anger. *makes fist, looks down, snarls*

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

I wouldn't say that BHVR is as bad as EA. That's pretty harsh.

If they implement a battlepass, then they will be.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@lynelmane I assume you're being sarcastic, since the mid-chapter patch launches the Rift (i.e. Battlepass) into the game.

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

I legitimately did not know that was going to be a thing.. when will it happen?

I might stop playing dbd... when I started playing I actually liked that this was one of the few games that doesn't have one.

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

It's a crapfest right now on the PS4. Difficulty healing others, sometimes can't cleanse totems, can't activate gate after gens completed, sometimes can't unhook other survivors. PS4.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

If I recall correctly, the battlepass will be cosmetics only and have a free version as well as a paid version.

• Kabu

Also, controller sensitivity is messed up too. Making the already stupid version of a 360 on ps4 more stupid. That being, swivel a short circle in front on the killer rather than around which takes advantage of the bad aim assist and low sensitivity. You'll go to swing and it will try to follow the survivor but miss completely and fall short. They're right in front of you.... and you still miss.

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253

So is fps bad for anyone else on PC or is that just me?

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728
    edited September 2019

This right here ######### me up so badly I hate it. reminds me of when I was still new and played on default sensitivity. I really wish this was fixed asap. Bad enough billy has phantom saws but I do not EVER want to have a phantom swing. My hits get caught by the air of all things. I'll be right on the survivor's back but nooooo I just gotta get screwed over because I play on ps4. sorry I just had to deal with that a lot this night to the point of running unrelenting.

Edit: profanity filter did not censor an obvious curse word so I replaced with "back"

• Kabu

Don't be sorry. It's an understable complaint when you should have hit the survivor but didn't. It can and has cost players the game.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

Being reminded of my real yellow and green rank days got me way too much PTSD lmao. I'm really wondering what the devs have to say on this phantom hit though. I find it hard to be a ping issue due to me being host and it should not be an aim assist thing because aim assist is supposed to not exist in this game,(even though my aim insists on wanting to attack thin air) I guess I'll just @Peanits because I'm wondering about this. sorry about the @, just felt this will enlighten my day

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114

😂🤣 "Net Zero"

• Kilmeran
    edited September 2019

@lynelmane According to the roadmap, it has a "tentative" date of the upcoming mid-chapter patch.

We get Archives, which are challenges you do to unlock Lore on various characters. And completing them will give you Charms for your character to wear.

And the Rift, which is their battlepass that will, presumably, have both a free and a paid track.

And as you see, you get a new one every mid-chapter patch, or roughly every three months.

But yes, the battlepass is coming. There was a thread about it a month or so ago with various complaints and concerns, and Not_Queen came in and said they were watching the thread, would take the concerns to the team (which was PR spin because, trust me, the Rift model is already set in stone back at corporate), and would release details closer to the patch.

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Yeah every patch they bring out seems to break the game even more.

Cosmetics seem to roll out each week just fine though.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

I'm mad but not surprised. They're charging $10 for very badly designed skins as it is now. I refuse to believe they are actually working to fix the game anymore. Instead all resources get dumped back into the cosmetic department because they know the game is sinking and don't have the right people to fix it. They don't want the right people to fix it. I genuinely thought they would be better than EA but it looks like I was wrong.

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

Yup the PS4 version is a pile of garbage in the new patch it’s embarrassing.

• Kilmeran
    edited September 2019

@Captain_Spaulding I am not insulting the guy, because I do not know him personally and therefore have nothing personal against him, but you do know that the Game Director, Mathieu Cote, used to work for EA, right?

I've said for the past year that I am seeing a pseudo-EA model slowly creeping into DbD.

Behavior gets away with this only because they have absolutely zero competition in the asymmetrical genre. Decent competition needs to come along.

• Captain_Spaulding

@Kilmeran I had no clue at all to be honest. I thought BHVR was just an indie company in Canada. Now that I've seen the rift thing, yeah. This game is slowly turning into an EA game. It really disheartens me because I've finally gotten back into the game full swing but...seeing this awful cosmetics they're pushing for $10 a piece and keeping the grind the same...ugh. Hopefully most of the community will say something but a lot of people will just open their wallets and take it...

• Kilmeran

@Captain_Spaulding Well, they are the largest Indie game developer in Canada. They are not a small company, however: https://www.bhvr.com/about-us/

And I believe it was in Cote's LinkedIn where I saw it. I looked him up a year or so back out of curiosity.

• Captain_Spaulding

@Kilmeran Those partners...jesus. I feel awful trying to endorse this game to my friends now..

• Kilmeran

@Captain_Spaulding Yep. People defend Behavior like they are some small company running out of a small building and DbD is their first work in video gaming.

Far, far from the case.

• BDS22
    BDS22 Member Posts: 146

Why wouldn't they postpone the double blood point event with how awful the game is currently running on PS4? Are they even aware of the lobby issues? Ridiculous.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Yeah the frame rate still blurs like crazy... I hope something big comes midchapter.... because its DBD's busiest time of year and the game is in need of some serious TLC for ps4..

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Yea this bothered me my last few games before I read some testimonies on the forums. I was like "I know I'm not the best player...but I know damn well 360s don't get me like that....."