AngryPug proven Survivors do not need Meta Perks and can still do well

Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89ElOiDHZ-c

AngryPug did not use any Exhaustion perks and was still able to do it and loop the killer for 4 gens, it's time for people to git gud and stop relying on clutches

No Self-care, no Sprint Burst, no meta perks

The game is High Ranked

Rank 6, 5, 6, 7 vs Rank 7 Killer
https://imgur.com/a/38B9SPJ

This means good players like Pug will always be able to adapt to the new changes and do well, meanwhile new players / biased people will always complain about the new changes without wanting to learn

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Clown was pretty bad to be fair and angrypug messed up several times too.
    There are way more optimal survivors running around, just saying :wink:

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

@Deverer said:
    Probably not the best example. That clown wasn't playing very well, doing things like not breaking pallets that were too safe and throwing bottles when he didn't need to.

It's quite hard to find evidence for sure, against good killers at most you can only loop for 1-2 gens, no good killers will let you loop them for 4 gens, it's mainly about surviving without meta perks but yeah, it's all over on twitch ;)

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

I've seen some bad Clowns but that was when he 1st came out and killers were whining about how he needed massive buffs. Now he's a top tier killer or close to it Myers tier and that one needs to refund his Clown purchase.

• P3Myers
    P3Myers Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Are killers on pc this bad? 
  • Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    Options

@FixCampDotExe said:
    Yep, most killers on pc are #########. They cry for buff when they just need game sense.

Anyway, each time I watched angrypug he rages quit so he deserves no more attention than a ban.

So many Survivor mains make new accounts just to complain, it's hilarious.

I must have seen atleast 20-30 new accounts by now.

• FixCampDotExe
    FixCampDotExe Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Doom_Punk said:

@FixCampDotExe said:
    Yep, most killers on pc are #########. They cry for buff when they just need game sense.

Anyway, each time I watched angrypug he rages quit so he deserves no more attention than a ban.

I don't understand why you're telling me that. I just felt like reading what's going on since I don't play the game anymore. A sinlge click would have shown you that my account was created on June 9.

• powerbats
    Options

@Doom_Punk said:

@FixCampDotExe said:

You mean like all the whiny killers mains that make new thread that all say the exact same thing in the exact same format?

Perhaps instead of pulling assumptions out your rear end you could you know use your brain and think logically. You know if you thought about this logically you'd realize that new people that've never posted before are now posting. But that'd mean you'd have to actually use your brain and not do the usual killer main insult thing for once.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

You can literally play without any perks, I've done it with a double pip and no hook...

• FixCampDotExe
    FixCampDotExe Member Posts: 10
    Options

@Brady said:
    You can literally play without any perks, I've done it with a double pip and no hook...

Yes you can, but it all depends your teamates, the killer, the map, etc...

• powerbats
    Options

@FixCampDotExe said:

@Brady said:

Yes you can, but it all depends your teamates, the killer, the map, etc...

This at high ranks I've had people lead the killer in chase to where everyone's at to grief. They farm using WGLF with killer in tow. Get Thompson house and Doctor kiss your arse goodbye. Get Coldwind Farm and Billy well it's going to be rough. Gideon Meat Plant with either Doctor or Nurse and you're pretty much #########.

Get teammates that see you running for the unhook and decide to race you for it by running down the middle in full view of the killer chasing someone else. Have a killer basement camping, well you get idiots that keep running down there knowing full well the killer is camping.

At high ranks lately it's been depending on either bad killers or non idiotic teammates and even more so since patch. It's like people see Trapper and they rage quit faster than if they see a Doctor. While I like the changes I don't like depending on a bunch of lvl 20's boosted to lvl 5 and below. That or the ones obviously playing on someone else's account.

• Doom_Punk
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@FixCampDotExe said:

You mean like all the whiny killers mains that make new thread that all say the exact same thing in the exact same format?

Perhaps instead of pulling assumptions out your rear end you could you know use your brain and think logically. You know if you thought about this logically you'd realize that new people that've never posted before are now posting. But that'd mean you'd have to actually use your brain and not do the usual killer main insult thing for once.

I haven't seen one Killer main make a new account on this forum for the first time just to complain, but I've been seeing Survivors do it all day.

Prove me wrong.

• powerbats
    Options

@Doom_Punk said:

I haven't seen one Killer main make a new account on this forum for the first time just to complain, but I've been seeing Survivors do it all day.

Prove me wrong.

Prove em wrong, no one is going to admit they're a killer main sinc that's not how it works. In every other community it takes someone outing the trolls. This place is no different since there's trolsl in every community.

• Doom_Punk
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Doom_Punk said:

Prove me wrong.

Prove em wrong, no one is going to admit they're a killer main sinc that's not how it works. In every other community it takes someone outing the trolls. This place is no different since there's trolsl in every community.

If there's one thing that is easy to do on here, is to spot the Survivor and Killer mains. The extremely biased ones.

There's more Survivor mains like that than Killers, but I've seen Killer mains ask for some pretty stupid ass buffs and seem to really want it to be completely Killer favored.

It goes both ways, I'm just sayin' I've seen so many Survivors today and yesterday make accounts or post on the Steam forums for the first time to rage at the patch.

• powerbats
    Options

@Doom_Punk Oh that I can agree with but I've noticed some pretty suspicious posts that look like something I've seen in other forums same posting styles, word usage and sentence structure etc. I used to nail people on the old Tribunal forums on League that way. Same for Steam forum and WOW forums some people would make new accounts and pretty much copy paste and or upvote each other/downvote spam.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

As a killer main, I'll say the same thing than on the (same) other thread about this subject :
    That Clown needs to Git Gud. Seriously, he did more mistakes in a single chase than I make in a full round.

• Feyard
    Feyard Member Posts: 43
    Options

So in the end everybody is saying "The Killer made several mistakes so it was completely okay to get looped for 4 gens".
    Now let's look at the survivor side: There is almost no place for mistakes in this video, still he manages to mess up several times and guess what? He still looped for 4 gens.
    So yeah, 1 Killer mistake equals 1 gen, while 1 Survivor mistake equals like what, a loop that is 3 seconds shorter?
    Don't get me wrong, I agree that there were many mistakes on the Killer's side, but what I want to point out is the difference of the impact of mistakes for both sides.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,971
    Options

Yeah, why doesn't everyone just play as good as the guy who has 4000+ hours in the game?

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@Deverer said:
    Probably not the best example. That clown wasn't playing very well, …

And here we go… the usual excuses "the killer played bad".
    Strangely the majority of player (survivors mostly) expect the killer to play flawless, while the survivor can mess up multiple times.
    Killer always judged by flawless games. Most people expect killer to be balanced around the best possible player, otherwise it is their fault for being bad.
    But survivor on the other hand should be balanced around mediocre players at best.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018
    Options

Pug is at Ranked 1 now, there are a ton of games with him using non-meta perks and he survives just fine

u can find all of them on his twitch

That's the whole point of this thread, you don't need meta perks to survive, there are survivors saying the game is impossible to survive without Sprint Burst pre-nerf etc

• OakLestat
    OakLestat Member Posts: 125
    Options

Pug is a toxic POS. He promotes camping and stupid stuff like Insidious Leatherface. Not a great influence on this game.

and yes I have watch plenty of PUG streams.

• ANJ_
    ANJ_ Member Posts: 27
    edited July 2018
    Options

Whoa. a super experienced player played against a noob killer class. Dang, us survivors out here just got got!

it really is easy survivns out there aint it! Thanks Billy!

uhhhh.. and isn't this relying on a clutch?????

dem survivrs ned braynz tho haw.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

Pretty sure depip squad already did it long time ago.
    You don't use perks for looping or gen rushing and those are most powerful things survivors can do.

• BlueArga
    BlueArga Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2018
    Options

-Killers cry "survi too OP"
    -Devs finally nerfs survi, change their names to "suicide".
    -everyone is now the main killer.
    -Lobby Simulator.
    -Killers Main try convince old survi main to return to the game by creating threads like this.

TIP: This not working.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

@BlueArga said:
    -Killers cry "survi too OP"
    -Devs finally nerfs survi, change their names to "suicide".
    -everyone is now the main killer.
    -Lobby Simulator.
    -Killers Main try convince old survi main to return to the game by creating threads like this.

TIP: This not working.

No one wants you back. The game has the highest amount of active players in it's lifetime at the moment. Clearly the devs are doing something right since the game is growing. Also in the last dev stream they mentioned that the matchmaking is bugged.