should survivors depip on successful escape?

snafu
snafu Member Posts: 6
edited September 2023 in Polls

it happens quite often u depip on successful escape. i personally think it's a nogo and makes u rly feel depressed.

one game i escape with 20k points and depip the other i die with 20k and pip. where is the logic behind this?

should survivors depip on successful escape? 77 votes

yes
37%
LavernneDarkside84JkkolaAkimboJEsusBlueberrySasukeKunnickoli2233Nightgamer454Mystaria13JustJessPizzamanKnucklesTheRockstarKnight_HSboom04_AntiFlowXBoosted_DwightYaiPaNullSp3cRicardiBacardiAwakey 29 votes
no
62%
Techn0Mc_HartyGibberishMysticLkodiakyFibijeanSlaughterhouse3Spartagone45brokedownpalaceInnCognitograyon444michaelrandom27MisterCremasterGrandkuramaMicheal_Myersad19970SkeletalEliteSpirezAzurlynxLeonardo1ita 48 votes
Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• snafu
    snafu Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2019
    no

hm true point but there is a true difference between depipping with 20k points - in a locker and doing nothing you would not end up with that points.

but yeah u r right, there has to be a solution for this aswell .. *thinking

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    no

I had a game lately where I run the killer around for 3 gens, which were very quickly done since he got no ruin. I got hooked, unhooked, did a gen, the last gen popped and someone opened the exit gates and endgame started. No one else got hooked. I had to escape due to the timer. I had to leave and I depipped. I honestly don't think this is fair eiter. What else am I supposed to do in situations like that?

Clearly Survivors should not get a pip for thins like that, but they shouldn't loose one either.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    yes

They should get a safety pip at least :v

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    yes

If you hide like a rat, then escape with hatch+key+left behind you're not worth a pip. Also, they added a gen while being chased emblem score, which helps you if you only get chased.

• AkimboJEsus
    AkimboJEsus Member Posts: 27
    yes

This is a super loaded question btw. A better question would be "Should a successful escape guarantee a pip."

People are naturally going to say no the way you word it.

• oTechnic
    oTechnic Member Posts: 120
    edited October 2019
    yes

It might have been a lot of coop bloodpoints, boldness from totems and unsafe unhooks.

I got 27k points one time and was half way of piping once.

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500
    yes

Nobody is entitled to a pip. The emblem system is in place for a reason. Keep track of your blood points in those categories, they are not directly linked to the embled points, but you can still use them as an indicator.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    no

I'm voting no because I'm pedantic like that and I'm taking your question at face value. No, an escape should not mean a depip. But also, yes, survivors should depip if they escape without doing anything else. If you escape but depip, it probably means you played badly in other areas (unless it was because either the killer or your teammates or both were potatoes, but that's another discussion).

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    yes

What did you do? If you're farming and killing off your team, you don't deserve a pip. I'm not sure how you can get 15k and depip without actively sandbagging your team. Additionally, you escaping or living doesn't translate to skill. It translates to luck. You could have hid the entire game.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    no

Shoot... I forgot about that lol...

But heres my reason of saying No: If they did something they earned it.

But like @Blueberry said.. if they did nothing let em depip.

This discussion has been closed.