This is why we camp

Options
Crazewtboy
Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

So all killers out there I am going to explain something to you (and if you are a survivor listen and listen good) there is nothing wrong with camping people further into the game. If you can't get someone down before two gens pop and you ruin is gone then you should camp to secure your kill and maybe get another by someone who is too altruistic. We camp because let's face it, you want a kill while playing KILLER and don't want to be tbagged at the gate. I play so many games where I don't play like an ass and I get rewarded with a nice tbag at the gate. Do you think we want to be looped and ######### with all game to not camp, lose everyone and be tbagged by all four survivors at the door survivors? Do you like it when the killers sit in front of your hook at the end of the game and nod their head even if they were complete trash? Then don't do it to us. We camp because we are tired of getting BMed at the damn door

Comments

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Options

Well i start think about camp when ruin is gone 2 or 1 gen is to end game.Ther is no point to leave my victim and try chase somone from palet to palet got teabag and when i hit him with out noed he got adrenaline.Little more loop and into the gate every one escape ez.That same when you got somone and gens are done when you hook him gate alredy start open.What is the point go to gate and hit somone mayby and in this time somone unhook last person and every one ruin in to the gate gg ez.

• MusicBox
    MusicBox Member Posts: 33
    Options

@Crazewtboy said:
    So all killers out there I am going to explain something to you (and if you are a survivor listen and listen good) there is nothing wrong with camping people further into the game. If you can't get someone down before two gens pop and you ruin is gone then you should camp to secure your kill and maybe get another by someone who is too altruistic. We camp because let's face it, you want a kill while playing KILLER and don't want to be tbagged at the gate. I play so many games where I don't play like an ass and I get rewarded with a nice tbag at the gate. Do you think we want to be looped and ######### with all game to not camp, lose everyone and be tbagged by all four survivors at the door survivors? Do you like it when the killers sit in front of your hook at the end of the game and nod their head even if they were complete trash? Then don't do it to us. We camp because we are tired of getting BMed at the damn door

I play both sides and that at pretty at almost the same rank . (surv at 12 killer 11)
    In the begining i camped few ppl after some flustreted matches true , but a good surv team will get the other off the hook unless u have a way of 1 hiting them but there still is borrowed time u will have to take into option.
    Sruv have insta heals,ds etc but we as killers got make a choice hex devauer no ed .
    Camping after the exit gate are open i do undestand they made their goal n thats the time they have to chose do i go out n collect that 5k survival bonus or do i take the risk of geting my fellow surv of the hook even if u do camp , but most surv will do atempt geting frends off the hook some will pay for it with their death some will be lucky n escape .
    I play hag a lot , i like her mechanic even pre her buff (yes that trap seting time was awful i took so long to set them on point where u need to {am not talking about traping around gen's cuz wise surv will sneak n they will be useless] camping as a hag was not the best idea since ur traps were the ticket to a surv when they unhook as long as they do trigger it a well set trap.
    I did not play every killer but i did face all of them theres alwyas a way to get a surv out of a hook even if u will face camp him.
    If u want to camp sure its your way of playing yes u will be called names blamed etc etc , But your the killer ur the host of the lobby they have to take that into chances that u might do that .
    I won't say killers don't camp or surv don't t bag , if its ur playstyle go for it .
    After playing more / watching others do so u might get a trick how to get more surv donw without resloving to camping , but thats up to you.
    Do all u can do to enjoy the game even if its camping the hell of those pesky t baging survs ~

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options
    Camping when all gens are done is fine but you still have a chance to secure a kill AND the game if you patrol gens. You’re throwing away your game and you’ll de-pip you camp when there is 2 gens left.
  • DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182
    Options

For some reason the title of this post made me think of this song
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=jwshr5uAlOA

• Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175
    edited July 2018
    Options

Don't say "we", makes us all look bad. The only time I find it okay to "camp" is when the exit gates are opened and someone is hooked just because there is no other objective.

• DrDannieburger
    DrDannieburger Member Posts: 57
    Options

I'm a killer main with too many hours, and I can say for certain that camping should never be a necessity. It really is about getting better at the game and knowing how to apply pressure.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

i agree. camping has a place but it shouldn't be your first option.... i hang one in the basement. most of the time, ppl assume i'm there with them. i usually only see a save when i down somebody else on the other end of the map.... unless its an obvious swf. then i just keep swapping hooks till they all die. i dunno why they're so addicted to reckless altruism.... but they are....

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options
    I play both and can understand the need to camp, however annoying it is. But I can promise you that if I see you camping or you try to camp me, I will pallet loop/infinite you to my heart's content
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    I play both and can understand the need to camp, however annoying it is. But I can promise you that if I see you camping or you try to camp me, I will pallet loop/infinite you to my heart's content

This, it's fine when gates are powered and you've gotten no one down but good grief I just got to 1 against a Huntress on a Cold wind farm map and she camped just out of sight on every hook. Most of my matches the killers camping at the 1st hook and doing nothing else.

I even had a match where the Doctor was so attached to his Ruin totem that he wouldn't leave it at all, only to chase and then he'd run right back to it. So 3 of us got all 5 gens done powering through the ruin and 2 made it out because I got caught trying to decoy away from the gates once powered.

• Crazewtboy
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:
    i agree. camping has a place but it shouldn't be your first option.... i hang one in the basement. most of the time, ppl assume i'm there with them. i usually only see a save when i down somebody else on the other end of the map.... unless its an obvious swf. then i just keep swapping hooks till they all die. i dunno why they're so addicted to reckless altruism.... but they are....

Camping is never my first option. I camp at the end of the game to secure a kill if I have one, if it is SWF or if I know the last man will make the save instead of look for hatch. I just gets annoying when people take advantage of you and tbag every chance they get especially at the doors

• Crazewtboy
    Options

@Ploni said:
    why you camp? because your bad.. git gud

A salty survivor huh? You people are funny. I play Billy and can get four mans without camping however not every game will be a four man as anyone with common sense would know and it is aggrivating to see four people tbag you at the door (or another amount depending on how they play) becasue they took advantage of you not camping. Sorry if I offended you because you think it is funny to tbag at the door and you know you get camped for it

• Crazewtboy
    Options

@only1biggs said:
    Cry some more

And you can do the same about the pallets and literally anything else in this game that doesn't go your way? doubt you have played killer because anyone who has knows how much it sucks when they take advantage of you not camping and tbag at the door because you decided to not play like a douche

• Crazewtboy
    Options

@Chi said:
    Eh no. Plenty of killers that can turn a game around at 2 generators without camping, if you can't you are either unlucky or bad. (No offence intended.)

I can't tell you a lot of killers that can turn a gen around when everyone is on different gens and by the time you catch a decent survivor once three are done. Then when you hook one will instantly make the save when you get so far and while you are chasing the last two pop and if you are tunneling then you might get an adrenaline. Can't say use ruin since the spawn placements are #########. I play Billy but it gets annoying that when I don't camp I get the unhook the second I get to a generator and then get tbagged at doors vasue I didn't camp or tunnel

• Crazewtboy
    Options

@DepravedKiller said:
    For some reason the title of this post made me think of this song
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=jwshr5uAlOA

because it is true. Some people have told me they get so fed up with tbagging that they camp just so they know that person can't do it. Of course this isn't the best option but hey more power to em

• Crazewtboy
    Options

@MusicBox said:

@Crazewtboy said:

I play both sides and that at pretty at almost the same rank . (surv at 12 killer 11)
    In the begining i camped few ppl after some flustreted matches true , but a good surv team will get the other off the hook unless u have a way of 1 hiting them but there still is borrowed time u will have to take into option.
    Sruv have insta heals,ds etc but we as killers got make a choice hex devauer no ed .
    Camping after the exit gate are open i do undestand they made their goal n thats the time they have to chose do i go out n collect that 5k survival bonus or do i take the risk of geting my fellow surv of the hook even if u do camp , but most surv will do atempt geting frends off the hook some will pay for it with their death some will be lucky n escape .
    I play hag a lot , i like her mechanic even pre her buff (yes that trap seting time was awful i took so long to set them on point where u need to {am not talking about traping around gen's cuz wise surv will sneak n they will be useless] camping as a hag was not the best idea since ur traps were the ticket to a surv when they unhook as long as they do trigger it a well set trap.
    I did not play every killer but i did face all of them theres alwyas a way to get a surv out of a hook even if u will face camp him.
    If u want to camp sure its your way of playing yes u will be called names blamed etc etc , But your the killer ur the host of the lobby they have to take that into chances that u might do that .
    I won't say killers don't camp or surv don't t bag , if its ur playstyle go for it .
    After playing more / watching others do so u might get a trick how to get more surv donw without resloving to camping , but thats up to you.
    Do all u can do to enjoy the game even if its camping the hell of those pesky t baging survs ~

I don't result to camping. I normally do the exact opposite. I am just stating that we camp because it is annoying to walk away from the hook knowing they will get saved and depending on the circumstances dissapear (although this normally doesn't occur with me) from me not camping and then take advantage of that and tbag at the door. I feel like if the killer doesn't camp then you shouldn't tbag because one thing we can all agree on is that tbagging makes you a douche regardless of the scenario. I do like your point though about it being my lobby and people will have to accept the way I play. I used to yell at people for doing it when I play survivior but then it occured to me that it is THEIR game and they can do whatever they have to in order to have fun and win

• MoltenBlade
    MoltenBlade Member Posts: 11
    Options

Tru3ta7ent said something about this in his stream just last week. The reason why killers are 'camping' is because there is no benefit to going after other people. In the time it takes you to get a second survivor hooked, the first one can already have been unhooked and healed and another geni could've been completed, essentially setting you back to a nett loss. There is no benefit in going after others.

Tru3 suggested some buff to killers where hooking a survivor and walking away grants a debuff to the other survivors' in repairing and healing. this would grant the killer an easier time going for the next hook while keeping the other hook secured. Ofcourse don't take my word for it. Tru3ta7ent is better at explaining this because I just make it sound like "KILLER NEEDZ BUFFZ!", but when he explained it in his stream, it sounded more balanced.

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Crazewtboy said:

@only1biggs said:
    Cry some more

And you can do the same about the pallets and literally anything else in this game that doesn't go your way? doubt you have played killer because anyone who has knows how much it sucks when they take advantage of you not camping and tbag at the door because you decided to not play like a douche

I play killer mostly and some survivor. A killer main if you will. I don't complain about pallets, loops, flashlights, perks or crouching repeatedly in games. Unless it's a certain set of circumstances where I know I'll probably lose (torment creek or shelter woods with competent survivors for instance), I know that it's usually my mistakes that cost me the game.

Anyone who gets upset with people teabagging in games, need to get a grip.

But you keep assuming away there buddy. Or you can get better at the game :)

Post edited by only1biggs on
  • only1biggs
    Options

@Kevvie said:
    Don't say "we", makes us all look bad. The only time I find it okay to "camp" is when the exit gates are opened and someone is hooked just because there is no other objective.

I don't even care at that point. I'll just slug and see if I can get lucky, maybe get 2-3k. Otherwise I'll consider it a loss before they even leave.

• Crazewtboy
    Options

@only1biggs said:

@Crazewtboy said:

@only1biggs said:
    Cry some more

I play killer mostly and some survivor. A killer main if you will. I don't complain about pallets, loops, flashlights, perks or crouching repeatedly in games. Unless it's a certain set of circumstances where I know I'll probably lose (torment creek or shelter woods with competent with survivors for instance), I know that it's usually my mistakes that cost me the game.

Anyone who gets upset with people teabagging in games, need to get a grip.

But you keep assuming away there buddy. Or you can get better at the game :)

Considering that I probably do better than you on average I will. I guess you are saying pretty much the enitre communtiy need to get a grip then. Nobody likes to be tbagged. Just because you don't mind it doesn't mean plenty of others don't as well. If you can't get a win on those maps with killers I think you need to get better. They are pretty much the easiest maps to win on unless you play someone like huntress in which case yes certain areas can be a bit annoying. I can three man constantly with Billy at the high ranks. You along with many others seemed to miss the point of this post. The point was to tell people that some camp because a lot of people don't like being tbagged so when you are certain you will be tbagged at the door you start to make sure people die so they can't do it and this needs to be explained to some people. I play on console where everyone is a dickhead so if they play like that then in my eyes (and depending on how petty I am being at the time) I will just camp people and be the same way back.

• only1biggs
    Options

@Crazewtboy

That was one of the dumbest replies I think I have ever read here and that's saying something. At least I know you're being honest.

So, you start by assuming, AGAIN, then lump everyone in together with you, based on your own subjective experience. "just because you don't mind it"? - I could say that same thing to you. Just because you get mad at it, it doesn't mean the rest of us do. If people get angered by teabagging, they need to get a grip, yes. Laugh it off, who cares?

The fact you consider Shelter Woods and Torment Creek the easiest maps for killer, only proves how little you know about this game. You just embarrassed yourself further, congrats.

I 4k the majority of my games as Billy, so what?

Nobody missed the point of your post. It had no point. You don't need to camp. People have told you the reality of the situation here already. If you want to be petty, as you have said you are, then go right ahead. But don't come here looking for justification just because baby doesn't like teabagging.

I play on console too, so what?

• Ploni
    Ploni Member Posts: 24
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Crazewtboy said:

@Ploni said:
    why you camp? because your bad.. git gud

A salty survivor huh? You people are funny. I play Billy and can get four mans without camping however not every game will be a four man as anyone with common sense would know and it is aggrivating to see four people tbag you at the door (or another amount depending on how they play) becasue they took advantage of you not camping. Sorry if I offended you because you think it is funny to tbag at the door and you know you get camped for it

I never tbagged and killer who play fair .. i tbag just killers who tunnel, camp, or slugg, just its isnt impossible to play fair, i play trapper before the buff very well.. in 3 of 5 games i get a 4k at rank 4 which is like rank 1 - just sayin... and i dont use noed or moris, i played against swfs, dstrike, flashlights and i have no problems with the survs, sometimes i had a hard game so i get 3 or 2k maybe 1k, BEFORE... THE BUFF

and i NEVER drop dstrike like the other p...y killers

believe or not, friends saw me playing

• Crazewtboy
    Options

@only1biggs said:
    @Crazewtboy

That was one of the dumbest replies I think I have ever read here and that's saying something. At least I know you're being honest.

So, you start by assuming, AGAIN, then lump everyone in together with you, based on your own subjective experience. "just because you don't mind it"? - I could say that same thing to you. Just because you get mad at it, it doesn't mean the rest of us do. If people get angered by teabagging, they need to get a grip, yes. Laugh it off, who cares?

The fact you consider Shelter Woods and Torment Creek the easiest maps for killer, only proves how little you know about this game. You just embarrassed yourself further, congrats.

Nobody missed the point of your post. It had no point. You don't need to camp. People have told you the reality of the situation here already. If you want to be petty, as you have said you are, then go right ahead. But don't come here looking for justification just because baby doesn't like teabagging.

you seem to be missing the point of my replies as well. I can't argue with people who don't know how to comprehend the other side. good day

• only1biggs
    Options

@Crazewtboy said:

@only1biggs said:
    @Crazewtboy

you seem to be missing the point of my replies as well. I can't argue with people who don't know how to comprehend the other side. good day

LOL

• Grimzy
    Grimzy Member Posts: 219
    Options

in all honesty, they should change the camping. I mean sure if a killer wants to camp someone go ahead but the longer they camp they should pay a price for it like get a move speed reduction depending on how long they camp anr a cooldown on their abilities.

• Crazewtboy
    Options

@RemoveSWF said:

@Crazewtboy said:
    there is nothing wrong with camping people further into the game.

There is nothing wrong with camping people at any time for any reason.

that is very true. I personally don't like it. But their is nothing wrong with it. If they can loop then you can camp. As long as you complete the goal right?

• Crazewtboy
    Options

@Grimzy said:
    in all honesty, they should change the camping. I mean sure if a killer wants to camp someone go ahead but the longer they camp they should pay a price for it like get a move speed reduction depending on how long they camp anr a cooldown on their abilities.

I can see that in some scenarios but sometimes you are forced to camp. Like if a SWF is hook rushing or if someone keeps trying to do a generator right next to a hooked survivor. This shouldn't bbe punished as the killer is playing smart

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Chi said:
    Eh no. Plenty of killers that can turn a game around at 2 generators without camping, if you can't you are either unlucky or bad. (No offence intended.)

Plenty of killers = nurse and billy?

• Eclipsed
    Eclipsed Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Sound like a whiny little runt looking for an excuse to be bad. Play the game how you want too. Don’t try to justify yourself being petty. “This is why we camp” Rofl, I can literally hook all 4 before the 2nd gen is even done. Sure, could be luck but I don’t care. Enjoy the game or don’t.
  • Master
    Options
    Eclipsed said:
    Sound like a whiny little runt looking for an excuse to be bad. Play the game how you want too. Don’t try to justify yourself being petty. “This is why we camp” Rofl, I can literally hook all 4 before the 2nd gen is even done. Sure, could be luck but I don’t care. Enjoy the game or don’t.
    Eclipsed said:
    Eclipsed said:ï
    Proof or it never happens, oh low rank doesn't count btw

Pretty good job forum, I'm not gonna delete this mess on my phone :wink:
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j9dM4oNPA18

Less than 6 minute Gen Rushes are also amazing. Thrilling gameplay. 
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Chi said:

Plenty of killers! Hmm are you sure about that. Last i checked their are only two killers who can travel across the map is billy and nurse. Unlucky is a funny way to describe getting hit by a gen rush squad as well. Usually by then you need to start slugging if you want to turn it around and that kinda requires at least one good slug perk nurses deerstalker etc. My problem is gen time its too short to complete the gens I do think gens are this way for a reason tho. It allows survivors the chance to finish them when situation gets really dire i.e. 2 survivors left. I'll have another post up soon with an idea to fix this. Its no secret that gens are done way too fast.

• Master
    Options

@SovererignKing said:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j9dM4oNPA18

Less than 6 minute Gen Rushes are also amazing. Thrilling gameplay. 

At least they didnt spawn on your totem
    Also playing killer with controller.... damn I feel with you^^

• Grimzy
    Grimzy Member Posts: 219
    Options

@Crazewtboy said:

@Grimzy said:

I can see that in some scenarios but sometimes you are forced to camp. Like if a SWF is hook rushing or if someone keeps trying to do a generator right next to a hooked survivor. This shouldn't bbe punished as the killer is playing smart

Well then its just a matter of fixing the spawns for generatorsa, hooks and totems all in one go.

• Taelance
    Taelance Member Posts: 100
    Options

@Crazewtboy said:

I only t-bag at the door if the killer camps, unless it is a late game camp then I understand.
    But if you camp with 4 gens left and ruin still up then there is no excuse for that.

I myself as killer, think that gens do go fast and so does ruin and so they need better totem placements, even though the hex skill checks are not hard to hit.

Also asking a survivor not to loop is basically you saying gives us free hooks, no pallets are there to be looped and to slow down the killer why should they drop them down straight away, that is a ridiculous statement. But I do think that there are too many pallets.

• monkdee702
    monkdee702 Member Posts: 8
    Options

@Taelance said:

@Crazewtboy said:

I only t-bag at the door if the killer camps, unless it is a late game camp then I understand.
    But if you camp with 4 gens left and ruin still up then there is no excuse for that.

I myself as killer, think that gens do go fast and so does ruin and so they need better totem placements, even though the hex skill checks are not hard to hit.

Also asking a survivor not to loop is basically you saying gives us free hooks, no pallets are there to be looped and to slow down the killer why should they drop them down straight away, that is a ridiculous statement. But I do think that there are too many pallets.

they can't just keep nerfing the pallets though but it is especially difficult on some maps when they spawn like 3 of them in close proximity

• monkdee702
    monkdee702 Member Posts: 8
    Options

I don't face camp, I have a few killers I use devour hope on, you can't camp with that perk, and it's just as effective to go apply pressure on gens and go back when they are unhooked and possibly get 2 downs real quick, doing that applys quite a bit of pressure and keeps at least 2 survivors off of gens

• Master
    Options

@Master said:
    Eclipsed said:

Eclipsed said:

Eclipsed said:ï

Proof or it never happens, oh low rank doesn't count btw

Pretty good job forum, I'm not gonna delete this mess on my phone :wink:

Still no proof?
    Thanks for proving that you only trastalked :wink:

• CptainPotato
    CptainPotato Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2018
    Options

Sorry but I just had 2 games as survivor when the killer (both huntress) just hooked one on the basement, and was just waiting for someone to get in there, and then bodybloking til' she can both hook the 2 guys down there.

I mean, Okay facecamping to punish someone too cocky is okay (and I do that) but facecamping because you can't play the game properly is ######### childish and poor manner, let alone when killers got a huge buff last patch (I main killer).

• BillCosby
    BillCosby Member Posts: 27
    Options

@Sally55 said:

@BillCosby said:

@Eclipsed said:

why are you such a c*nt

Why are you so rude? It's uncalled for.

Pardon me

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

I prefer not to camp, standing still bores me more than not killing anyone annoys me.

• somebodygets_hurt
    somebodygets_hurt Member Posts: 8
    Options

Do you know HybridPanda? He did an experiment where he played two rounds of DBD: one round where he camped and one where he didn't. Although he didn't kill as many people when he didn't camp, he still got twice as many points that he got in the round where he did camp.
    I'm both a survivor and killer player, and I think that camping makes the game boring and it isn't rewarding. It's the same thing for survivors. It's boring, and then they're stuck on a hook with a Trapper breathing his garlic breath on them. You can turn a game around, even if there are two generators already done. A lot of the time for me, anyway, I end up getting a 4k near the end of the game, because that's usually when a lot of survivors slip up, because they get relaxed. If you play with a build like Remember Me and Blood Warden, the game is prolonged even further. You don't need to camp to secure the points that you need.
    Actually, I've even played games where I only killed one survivor and I got twenty thousand points for chasing and hooking the others. They go unhooked, of course, but I stayed in the game, destroyed pallets, damaged generators and hooked survivors.

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205
    Options

@somebodygets_hurt said:
    Do you know HybridPanda? He did an experiment where he played two rounds of DBD: one round where he camped and one where he didn't. Although he didn't kill as many people when he didn't camp, he still got twice as many points that he got in the round where he did camp.
    I'm both a survivor and killer player, and I think that camping makes the game boring and it isn't rewarding. It's the same thing for survivors. It's boring, and then they're stuck on a hook with a Trapper breathing his garlic breath on them. You can turn a game around, even if there are two generators already done. A lot of the time for me, anyway, I end up getting a 4k near the end of the game, because that's usually when a lot of survivors slip up, because they get relaxed. If you play with a build like Remember Me and Blood Warden, the game is prolonged even further. You don't need to camp to secure the points that you need.
    Actually, I've even played games where I only killed one survivor and I got twenty thousand points for chasing and hooking the others. They go unhooked, of course, but I stayed in the game, destroyed pallets, damaged generators and hooked survivors.

Two games does not an experiment make, too many variables, the players, the way in which camping was done ect. Over all basically non existent validity to call that an experiment. Now don't get me wrong I like Hybrid and I think camping the first hook is a bad idea too unless the survivors are forcing you too (dive bombing ya). Though there are times its appropriate (no deaths, gates open... yeah you should probably cut your losses and keep the one ya got.)