Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Possible Pig Buff Idea

ShrimpTwiggs
ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Would it be unreasonable if the Pig could recollect her traps after survivors discard them? Say, if she went to one of the Jigsaw boxes a survivor happened to use, she would be able to pick up the trap. Since the Pig doesn't have any tools to help her in the chase, she relies a lot on slowing the game down and her traps already aren't that hard for good survivors to get off. It just feels like her having such a small limit on the amount of traps she can use is an unnecessary hurtle for a killer that's already weak in chases and has bad map control. Would this be a worthwhile change?

Comments

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    Would it be unreasonable if the Pig could recollect her traps after survivors discard them?

Yes

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121

no

• ShrimpTwiggs

@AsePlayer said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    Would it be unreasonable if the Pig could recollect her traps after survivors discard them?

Yes

It's fine that you disagree, but could you elaborate? I'd appreciate constructive feedback.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    I think maybe it should be an option but to an extent. Maybe if she had less overall, like 2/3 and could reuse them then we could see some change that would benefit the pig to an extent and even add some skill, like which box did they remove it?
  • ShrimpTwiggs

@GT_Legend2 said:
    I think maybe it should be an option but to an extent. Maybe if she had less overall, like 2/3 and could reuse them then we could see some change that would benefit the pig to an extent and even add some skill, like which box did they remove it?

Yeah, I was thinking that it could possibly add more to her skillwise to try to reason out what box the trap was removed and knowing when the best time is to recollect them.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@AsePlayer said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Yes

It's fine that you disagree, but could you elaborate? I'd appreciate constructive feedback.

The main issue I have with the pig in general is that the traps are RNG so potentially you're just dead if you can't find the right box and the pig knows where the last one is. Giving her even more opportunities to use her RNG traps would be pretty annoying imo. They were meant to be a limited resource, that's how they were balanced.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

I don't like the idea of buffing traps because they're an RNG mechanic. It's bad enough getting two thrown on your head when you luckily get the first one off, but having them come back is just.. no.

I hate RNG. I would more buff her ambush to not be trash instead.

• ShrimpTwiggs

@AsePlayer said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@AsePlayer said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Yes

The main issue I have with the pig in general is that the traps are RNG so potentially you're just dead if you can't find the right box and the pig knows where the last one is. Giving her even more opportunities to use her RNG traps would be pretty annoying imo. They were meant to be a limited resource, that's how they were balanced.
    @Doom_Punk said:
    I don't like the idea of buffing traps because they're an RNG mechanic. It's bad enough getting two thrown on your head when you luckily get the first one off, but having them come back is just.. no.

I hate RNG. I would more buff her ambush to not be trash instead.

I see your point, but her traps don't have enough impact on the game, at the moment. Her map control is weak and she has no tools to help her in the chase. Maybe buffing her ambush to be faster would help, but would that be enough?

• Sehkmet
    Sehkmet Member Posts: 127
    edited July 2018

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    I see your point, but her traps don't have enough impact on the game, at the moment. Her map control is weak and she has no tools to help her in the chase. Maybe buffing her ambush to be faster would help, but would that be enough?

I feel like the traps buffs tunneling and bad killers, i prefer a buff to ambush by 200% than to the traps by 20%

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

The only buff she needs, IMO, is to have her traps trigger immediately upon being placed on a Survivor.

• ShrimpTwiggs

@Orion said:
    The only buff she needs, IMO, is to have her traps trigger immediately upon being placed on a Survivor.

That would be way too OP, I think. It's pretty much just a built in mori at that point, but without the same requirements.

• Sehkmet
    Sehkmet Member Posts: 127

@Orion said:

big no no !!! Insta mori: just camp the first jigsaw box around the hook and gg, follow the survivor without watching him till BOOM!

It may work if the trap stops ticking inside the terror radius instead of the pig sight.

• Orion

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Orion said:

That would be way too OP, I think. It's pretty much just a built in mori at that point, but without the same requirements.

Well, given that it stops ticking if the Survivor is disabled (in the dying state or hooked), I don't think it's too OP.

• Orion

@Sehkmet said:

@Orion said:

big no no !!! Insta mori: just camp the first jigsaw box around the hook and gg, follow the survivor without watching him till BOOM!

It may work if the trap stops ticking inside the terror radius instead of the pig sight.

Yeah, just waste 2 minutes and 30 seconds making sure a single Survivor can't get the trap off his head. Because that's something Killers can do, they totally have the time.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

@Orion said:

@Sehkmet said:

@Orion said:

Yeah, just waste 2 minutes and 30 seconds making sure a single Survivor can't get the trap off his head. Because that's something Killers can do, they totally have the time.

As Pig I have interrupted people just as they were about to finish a box by downing them and leaving them as slugs lol until they died of the reverse beartrap
    Don't do that often, it is very situational if the survivors allow you to do it.

• Orion

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

@Sehkmet said:

@Orion said:

As Pig I have interrupted people just as they were about to finish a box by downing them and leaving them as slugs lol until they died of the reverse beartrap
    Don't do that often, it is very situational if the survivors allow you to do it.

I thought the traps didn't tick when Survivors are in the dying state.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

@Orion said:

@Chi said:

@Orion said:

@Sehkmet said:

@Orion said:

I thought the traps didn't tick when Survivors are in the dying state.

They don't, depending on the survivor though they will heal fully a few times before realising time is ticking too fast. That is why it is situational.