The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What ruins DBD the most for you?

_HSboom04_
_HSboom04_ Member Posts: 34

What ruins DBD the most for you? 110 votes

Bugs/Glitches
14%
grayon444anarchy753Captain_SpauldingGamzelloKnucklesTragicSolitudeVagePrincessPoopGrootDude[Deleted User]MrPenguinAhoyWolfChatkovskiMookywolfjustarandyPhoenix_Wright 16 votes
Wait times
25%
Techn0Mc_HartyBossArk_the_BonsaiPandomDaddyTrappersGirljus_IgnantVolantConch1719Aztreonam78Kilmeranblue4zionExerlinMaChOmAn191HoodiedMiss_MorbidBoosted_DwightPyroDudeNescau_FernandoXxkuroxshiroxXCarlosylu 28 votes
DCers
37%
Science_Guyvampire_toothyPhantomMask20763thesuicidefoxMister_xDFibijeanVolfawottDr_TrautsMaelstrom10GlassComet99AssassinZodiaccetruzzoCJsDBDJawsIsTheNextKillerLeonardo1itaKralleDonnycRicardiBacardiTKTKMysticAdvisor 41 votes
Unfair matches (Killer and survivor(s) working together)
22%
GamingZebra88kodiakyzacmangamingIhatelife0h_DoctorbrokedownpalaceInnCognitoDolphin9192Micheal_MyersAxX7891_HSboom04_xEanunadventuresQwrtyMan213NullSp3cTaigaScorpioBlackOpsjasonq500Nymaas8obot1c 25 votes

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Wait times

Wait times kills my motivation.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    DCers

Especially if people who kill themselves on hook are included. Robs me of points as killer and just ruins the game for everyone.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

camping and tunneling

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    DCers

Yeah when you disconnect only do you rob the killer of points and a potential Pip

You also rob your fellow survivors of points and make it harder for people to escape.

Please for the love of God can we not disconnect because

1) you don't like the Killer

2) you don't like the map

3) you don't like the offerings

4) a survivor teabagged or the killer nodded at you

5) you don't disconnect because you don't like a perk I don't care if it's decisive strike or hunting grounds

6) you don't like an item or add-on that that was brought into the game

There are a lot more but I feel like this is long enough

Ps: no because it's your death hook does not validate your disconnection as the couple of seconds it takes to bring you to a hook could give us an extra time to pop gen

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919
    Bugs/Glitches

It was a tough choice between glitches/bugs and wait times, but ultimately I chose bugs because they often impact the game the most. What frustrates me the most about them is quantity of them, how gamebreaking some are, and how long it takes for them to get fixed. I will literally get multiple game breaking bugs in a single match.. ridiculous.

Wait times was close because waiting 15 mins for a game only to get lobby dodged for whatever reason and repeating the whole process is the antithesis of fun.

Dc doesn’t really bother me as it’s definitely not as common for me as it apparently is for others. Plus If I’m playing killer and a survivor DCs, I usually just roll my eyes. If I’m playing survivor and a killer DCs, I just laugh, especially if it’s towards the end of the game.

And with unfair matches (killer working with survivor), i feel like it’s just not common enough to bug me. Plus there are features in game like the report feature which help combat these issues. It is annoying when it happens but doesn’t make me want to quit the game.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,133
    Bugs/Glitches

I dunno, Bugs/Glitches and bad wait times are neck and neck for me. The Bugs/Glitches during the double BP event were extremely frustrating. Rather than being frustrating, bad wait times just make me go play a different game, 'cause ain't no one got time to sit around in a lobby simulator.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

The most annoying imo.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Poor Game Balance should be one of the choices.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

This is a very difficult decision, it's a toss-up between unfair matches(tunnelling is included in this for me) and DCers.

• Kongtwenty12
    Kongtwenty12 Member Posts: 140
    Wait times

My biggest problem is that i will start matchmaking as killer and then watch a full 40 min episode of Gotham and im still waiting

• Shaarenea
    Shaarenea Member Posts: 1

The matchmaking is horrible atm. My friend is a rank 14 & I'm a rank 7 & we get paired with a rank 2-4 killer. All the killers that camp/tunnel. Takes all the fun & skill needed to play the game.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

X - Other

Toxic players.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited October 2019
    DCers

Quitters need to just stop playing the game so they don't ruin it for everyone.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Wait times

Thankfully they're normal now, but anything above 5 minutes very quickly demotivates me.

I came to play after all, not to wait.

• GorgonDorgon
    GorgonDorgon Member Posts: 94
    Wait times

I don’t care about having a bad game, I care that it took me more time to find a game than I played in it lol

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367
    DCers

When a player disconnects in the survivor team there is immediately one less person helping on objectives which may include distracting the killer. When the killer disconnects (before the new dedicated servers started today) the match ends and sometimes depips occur. I assume that now we have dedicated serevrs they track scores and will be fair about what was earned up to the d'c

However dreadful the match is it is not an eternity and you can take a break, post rude words in the forum about what you saw, or simply move on to the next match. Its a game played for fun primarily not a deathmatch.

• PapaBrickolini
    PapaBrickolini Member Posts: 4
    DCers

Especially when a survivor disconnects (in early game out of all times), the match just seems pointless- both for the Killer and the Survivors.

The Killer can't get as many points, leading to depips, and the Survivors have a much lower chance of surviving. At this point, neither side experiences any fun.

other times, dcs can be pretty satisfying tho ngl.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Repetitiveness isn't on the list.

Every match is the same. There's no variety outside of yearly events.

It can make it hard to play most days.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Bugs/Glitches

I don't care about DCers or wait times...I'll simply move to next match quicker or read while waiting. However, the amount of bugs and glitches that are STILL in the game with the community pointing the glaring oversights daily is absurd. Take vacuuming pallets for example. They only got fixed after spirit. That's a long ass time. People pretend it's a small indie company but it's not. They have the resources and staff to fix things, they choose not to.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

There's no option for SWF? :(

• zacmangaming
    zacmangaming Member Posts: 103

No option for ######### teammates from rank 18 when I'm rank 4? Guess I'll say BS matches

• jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124
    Wait times

I put 'wait times' as I would play killer more if I didn't have to wait so long to fill a lobby.

Sounds like I need to start trying again as maybe they've been shortened.

Survivor I usually get lobbies immediately.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Wait times

I haven't been playing this game recently because I don't want to wait in queue, wait in a lobby, and then wait for the game to load. It just feels like a waste of time.

At least if I'm playing WoW or something, I'm doing something all the time, and any time I spend doing nothing is my fault for playing poorly.

Here it's just mandatory and boring.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    Wait times

It was between wait times and DCs. Though with DCs it's mostly because of the wait times. I don't wanna wait ages to get into a match only for two people to DC and ruin the fun. I can't just farm with the leftover survs and move on because it'll take another 20 mins to get another 5 min game.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    DCers

A mix of Wait Times and DCers (I ended up voting DCers), because you wait a really long time as a Killer to get a match just for a survivor to DC as soon as they get downed, then the rest of the team follows and DC as well. Fun!

Same thing with Killers ragequitting after being juked for 3 gens, the difference being is that it's not as annoying imo, some people even consider a victory to make a killer ragequit. Not by being toxic, but by being actually good at juking.

I haven't experienced any major glitches or bugs. I only experienced 2 in my 400 hours of game, and one of them was beneficial.

Finally, I don't mind farming as long as there's a BP event or at least some offerings to boost the BP gain rocket high. However if that's not the case, it's a waste of time for both sides.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018
    Wait times

Ever get something to eat and come back with you still in queue

I have