What do you think of Nurse's basekit (no addons)? Is it overpowered? Is it underpowered? Is it fine?

Financial_Stability
Financial_Stability Member Posts: 466
edited October 2019 in Polls

With the new changes to the Nurse's addons and the "minor" changes to Nurse's basekit, what is the public opinion on her and her kit?

What do you think of Nurse's basekit (no addons)? Is it overpowered? Is it underpowered? Is it fine? 67 votes

Overpowered
34%
Mc_HartyMikeStevBlueberryFuelSaucexChrisxgo1gothabrokedownpalaceDeadGavinAshleyWBCandyFacemichaelrandom27DreamnomadKind_LemonMewartistGrootDudeMegsAreEvilGroxiverdeDecember_1863Brunofb3 23 votes
Underpowered
4%
SluzzyFunguuHappsta 3 votes
Fine as is
61%
JesyaFreudentraumaArk_the_BonsaiPigNRunSnyprLifeJudgementCetrenMegDensonMr_KSpartagone45Pokerface303NoFaceAztreonam78AChaoticKillerBravo0413BBQnDemogorgonFinancial_StabilityLCGasterKenshinAttackfrog 41 votes

Comments

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428
    Fine as is

I'd vote but I don't play nurse nearly often enough, rather not voice my opinion on something I have no clue about.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Overpowered

Was never fine at all.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

I dunno about on PC, but on PS4 she's hard as crap to play as, so she definitely doesn't feel OP there.

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

i play on xbox, and ive only faced 1 nurse who was actually good. nurse is so hard on console

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Fine as is

If we're talking no add-ons and no offerings... Than it can be do-able to avoid her while also making it not as overpowered as some would believe.

If we're talking PS4 Nurse, than I couldn't say for sure as I hear more Nurses there have a harder time with the controls. (Unless, you've already mastered it on controller than nevermind)

• MikeStev
    MikeStev Member Posts: 384
    Overpowered

Nurse basic power need to change.

In the middle of blink, when nurse get pallet stun should stop the blink.

Dont make her immune to pallet stun when start blinking.

• Financial_Stability
    Financial_Stability Member Posts: 466
    edited October 2019
    Fine as is

Yeah, I don't buy it when people say Nurse doesn't have counterplay. Granted it is different and there is no guaranteed safety like with pallets, but that in my eyes makes her balanced. If there was guaranteed safety from counterplay, there would be little chance to actually get anywhere. This is where I see problems with m1 killers. A window or a pallet almost always spell out guaranteed safety when against them. There has to be a level of counterplay that allows both sides to have a chance at every chance, Nurse happens to come very close to that in my eyes. But for the most part that's an issue with game design.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Overpowered

As a console player I can't say it's overpowered but it definitely is for pc players.

Actually I played the first really good nurse a few days ago running nurses calling, infectious fright, ruin and haunted ground. The match lasted less than 2 minutes and half of that was struggling on the hook. Someone popped haunted ground and we dropped like flies as we spawned by each other and she knew where we were.

That it she's overpowered.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164
    edited October 2019

I faced a Nurse on Hawkins the other day, and oh man, that place is nothing but line of sight breakers. I'm terrible as survivor and she still couldn't touch me.

I don't think she hooked anyone until NOED popped.

I used to practice Nurse on console, and I was getting better for a while... then two weeks away from my PS4 and it felt like I was back at square one. I pretty much stopped trying after that.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Fine as is

I think its more so the stigma behind the issue that Nurse is the Top of the top... Where she's considered almost impossible to win against when facing a Pro nurse.

But even a Pro Nurse can get fooled if you know where to go and how to mind-game windows and pallets. You can also take advantage of how the Nurse can't phase through certain objects unless she holds down the blink for a longer time.

This is especially the case with tire stacks, which block the Nurses blink for the most part due to their weird A.I. the same for bushes on places like Lampkin Lane to.

We're talking base-kit though, so if you're facing a base-kit Nurse with no add-ons or offerings, than you can for sure Survive the match if you think tactically with her limitations and how the environment effects her blinking path...

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Overpowered

Op, doesn’t mean I necessarily want a nerf though.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
  • justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Fine as is

Little reminder: high level swf groups won't drop in 2 minutes. Even with omegablink and those perk combos and perfect scenario they will definitely stretch the game to 5+ minutes. Remember, I'm talking about the top tier sweaty survivor groups, not the average casual survivors who are half human half potatoe.

• MrDecisive
    MrDecisive Member Posts: 61

i love playing nurse its powerful but not overpowered. maybe if it was in the hands of a god player

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    Overpowered

Against solo survivors basekit nurse wins every game if the nurse plays well.

Against SWF teams a nurse with addons wins every game if the nurse plays well (and doesn't get a terrible map).

If that is people's idea of balanced, I would never be interested in playing a game they create.

• dist0rt
    dist0rt Member Posts: 32
    Fine as is

It's fine. Some ppl saying it is op are kinda scrubby sounding. She is tough but if you didn't DC everytime she came up maybe you'd get better against her

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    Overpowered

It's good to add a little extra perspective, for all those console players and nurse mains who think nurse is fine.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Overpowered

I don’t dc, you don’t find good nurses on console much.

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382
    edited October 2019
    Fine as is

Nerfing her base kit will lead to there only being spirit and billy at top tier, in which everyone (survivors) are gonna want their kits touched too.

Lets not go down this slippery slope.

• go1gotha
    go1gotha Member Posts: 108
    Overpowered

OP in skilled hands. Together with addons, OP in the hands of any noob.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    Fine as is

Time to play guess who has never gone against a baby nurse.