The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What about something like an anti toxic player Mori?

Well, I think you know the feeling when you verse a toxic survivor who tbags all time and is a real pain in the ass (abusing infinites etc.). The urge to mori this person so you can play in peace.....

But you can't, because you could not see into the future and take an Ivory Mori with you.

So: What would you think about a default single mori you could use after you hooked that person and a 60s (or more to prevent tunnel-moris) timer ran out? No offering needed. 1 person only.

This Mori would have a drawback, that you cannot pip with it or get less points unless you use the offering.

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

So you're proposing implementing a timed Ivory mori into every killer's basekit? Even as a perk, that would be pretty OP. As basekit, pip or not, it would be ridiculously so.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I don't even like Ivory Mori, so making a base kit variant seems wrong to me.

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190

Not quite sure how tbagging relates to taking a player out of the game after a single hook. Anything bm related when it comes to survivor has no effect on gameplay and often times will lead to them getting hit or dying because they didn't gain enough distance while they were tbagging you at a pallet or window.

Meanwhile, camping and tunneling (something that is very common too) ruins the gameplay because it is something that effects the way people play the game, not just a visual queue to make the other side mad.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Mori offerings shouldnt even exist in this game. Let survivors teabag as they want, it doesnt affect the game. But moris affect every other survivor too.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

@Fibijean Not an automatic Mori. Just a timer that stops when slugged and maybe while in chase. And after the timer expires you can mori.

I hope I did not get that wrong.

It's just... these toxic people have to learn the hard way. Else they won't learn. And when they get mori'd 24/7, maybe they'll think about their behavior.

Or add a tbag counter while in chase, which is displayed in the lobby as average tbags per match. Then I can bring the Mori myself and there is no need for a default one.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Firstly, there's no way to keep track of whether people are using this to punish toxic players or not. It's so open to abuse. Secondly, it's not your job to punish toxic players. We have a report system for toxic behaviour which actually affects gameplay.

People who teabag have no effect on actual gameplay, except perhaps that sometimes they lose chases because they're wasting time doing it. They are only doing it to piss you off. Don't give them what they want, don't let yourself get tilted by it. Just ignore it and play the game, and use their cockiness to your advantage if you get the chance. Bully psychology 101: if they don't get a reaction out of you, they'll lose interest. That's how you deal with people like that, not by creating an overpowered game mechanic designed to make a vigilante of the killer.

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461
    edited October 2019

As a killer main, I like the idea from a fun standpoint. It seems brutally unbalanced, though.

I agree with this. The best way to punish BMers is to catch them slipping.

I once turned a 1k into a 3k during EGC because one guy kept bagging and point-spamming me at the exit gate. He was trying to distract me from someone on hook nearby to enable a rescue. Joke's on him, I was playing Myers and all he did was feed me a free EW3. So I killed him and the Claudette that had been hiding nearby for the rescue.

Felt good.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 919
    edited October 2019

One idea I see sometimes is a perk or game mechanic where survivors teabagging charges it up.

I.E. X teabags in Y amount of time/in one chase grants faster movement speed against them specifically for the rest of the chase.

If they continue to teabag, (10/20 more teabags in the chase) they suffer from the exposed status effect.

If they still continue to teabag (Beyond excessive. An additional 30/40?) the killer has the option to forfeit 25% of their bloodpoints earned that match to Mori them. One "Salt-Mori" per match.

And bam there you go. Only effects BMers while not being abused to go after Baby Dwights or people who weren't being toxic.

And very high requirements to trigger so if someone DOES wind up being salt-mori'd they were being toxic to the point the killer felt like cashing in 25% of their BP gain to take them out of the match was a fair trade. In other words: They deserved it.

EDIT: I do wish there was a purple Mori offering that would let you Mori any one person after one hook but doesn't get burnt unless you actually use it. Basically it'd be an Ivory you can "Keep" with you and just use it every game (It'd show up as a secret offering so you could burn it to scare survivors) until you decide "Yeah this pink hair flashlight clicking Nea has got to go."

• MissGamer456
    MissGamer456 Member Posts: 154
    edited October 2019

Players that teabag me gets instantly FaceCamped point. blank. period. Get off hook - Oh no... INSTANTLY getting tunneled. DS? SLUGGED For 1 Min. Back on the hook you go :)

Survivor message: you camper and tunneler you’re trash.

Me: okay, lmao. Maybe you shouldn’t teabag next time.

• grtf47
    grtf47 Member Posts: 371

Moris are enough we don’t need this

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

@Toybasher I like your Idea. Much better than mine.

@Fibijean Yeah, I try to ignore them, but after 4 matches in a row with these you just wish you had a mori for them.

@MissGamer456 I wish I would have in one game, on 1st hook, but I wanted to win so I pressured the map. Later on that Nancy just used the ######### infinite at Grim Pantry's main building over and over because there was one of the last 3 gens....

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I'm not sure I want to waste a valuable perk slot just to catch teabaggers.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

You can't fight toxicity with toxicity or giving someone an advantage. It will be abused.

HOWEVER, I would like the idea to "psuedo-mori". This would likely just be flavor, but it'd be cool if instead of having survivors get brought up into the clouds after they die on the hook, to have them hang there for a second... then let the killer pull their body down and drag it around or something. Collect their own trophies :P

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

That's quite funny. I pretend I am going to face camp them. I stand there for a few seconds, an inch from their face, enough for them to THINK they are getting the full facecamp love. I always hoped one of them would rage quit but it hasn't happened yet.

If you are on Steam, you should rename yourself to something like "I only camp teabaggers" and then if you get any post-match salt, just direct them to your name.

• Oshirigami
    Oshirigami Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2019

I actually like the idea, if it means replacing Ebony and Ivory Mori offerings, leaving only Cypress.

I just don't know the details of how you'd implement it. Maybe just make it a baseline mechanic that after 4 hooks total, and someone has been hooked once and you down a survivor at Bloodlust III, killer can Mori someone they choose? I'd take that over Ebony moris ever appearing in my games I guess.

Or, yeah, simply being able to Mori people instead of 3rd hook them after bringing them to a hook.

It might actually offset how dedicated servers are a bit of a buff to survivors.