Comments

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

Freddy still the noobstomper N1 ๐Ÿ˜

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

Nope cant agree whatsoever, Freddy imo is one of the best balanced killers in the game. I think the devs done a tremendous job with his rework.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

I just think at this point too many are distracted trying to get Spirit nerfed but I am pretty sure Fred will quickly become the most hated soon enough.

Just keep playing OP builds guys, you are just hastening his rework.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    edited October 2019
    Options

I see everyone freaking out about Freddy when he's extremly easy to deal with. Run OoO or Spinechill and remember how to sneak around.

Not only that but I seem to notice purple/red ranks are filled with Ghostface winning almost all their matches since the stalk rework...why is everyone silent about this ?

Double standards.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

It's Nerf or NUTHING

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

Doubt it. Nurse is also still the way she has always been, and more and more people have started to complain about Spirit, people are indeed able to want nerfs to multiple killers. If Spirit gets nerfed, I doubt people will start complaining about Freddy. If there are op builds on Freddy, then those builds need to be nerfed obviously, not Freddy. I believe most people will want to keep Freddy the way he is now. Might be wrong, but hopefully not. He seems like the perfectly balanced killer, with just the right amount of map pressure and chase potential.

Unless survivor mains really all want any viable killer to be nerfed, then of course they will always go for the strongest killer no matter who it is. But I don't want to believe that.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583
    Options

Okay. So here's my take on Freddy to this point.

He is definitely top 5.

-Can place 2 different types of traps (add on dependent)

-Can TP to generators or cancel the ability midway to make a fake out play

-Cancels out BT while survivors are in the dream state ( it sucks bc not everyone has realized this in red ranks).

-Probably top tier in slowing down the game (add-on, and perk dependent).

-this one is kinda eh, but his lunge range to me seems like it's kinda long.

Let's not even talk about swing,paint brush, dying light combo lol. (Also ruin, because every killer runs it at high ranks let's be honest here.)

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765
    Options

I like how you quote everything before all the drawbacks I mentioned.

• browalker15
    browalker15 Member Posts: 93
    Options

Freddy's snares do not activate until at least 2 seconds after they are put down. NOT TO MENTION pallets and snares only work if you are asleep! He is a phasing M1 killer if you are awake. The dream world is his playground, part of his power. His gen teleport has a good lengthy cool down. Besides billy, leatherface, and doctor can use their power frequently. you wanna nerf them too? Freddy has been the weakest killer for a long time. Now he has power to manipulate parts of the game to his advatage , like killers should.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

yea no bud, you just don't know the counterplay. Freddy is really good tbh, I would argue he is one of the top killers in the game, his traps just require you too drop pallets early, the fake pallets are easy too memorize, and his teleport takes a few seconds, so you have a head start.

Honestly, the only change I would do is make his Z block worth 6k bloodpoints, it's honestly a useless addon that I've never seen people use, nor have I ever used it. 6k bloodpoints for bleeding, not even mangeld status, is just bad.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited October 2019
    Options

*Reads the new Nurse changes, sips a cold can of ToldYouSo*

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Options

Freddy is in really good shape right now, just some minor tweaks in numbers to nerf and buff maybe. the only thing bothering is the new status effect, which shouldnt work how it does atm.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

Freddy is fine. His pallets aren't a threat once you learn which pallets are fake and gen teleport has a pretty hefty cooldown as long as you are awake.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options
  • Aura_babyy
    Options

Can anyone even confirm that Freddy's ability to cancel out Borrowed Time is intended?

I know I pretty much went on a tangent explaining why hes top tier. But this bit here irks me

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options
  • xZeroStrike
    xZeroStrike Member Posts: 133
    Options

Small game is just not very useful to me. It can find stuff but there's little ways of telling the difference between totems and killer traps, and if the killer isn't Freddy (who's running pallet add-on), Trapper or Hag it's fairly redundant. (And since most Hags that I encounter play the same way and I'm a Trapper main and know most trap locations, there's little reason to run SG vs them for me, giving me even less incentive to do so.)

Besides, perks shouldn't be the method of countering something because you can't see who the killer is prior to a game.

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 446
    Options

It's time to... NOT nerf freddy.

He's finally viable, and because you refuse to learn, you're trying to shove him into the garbage heap.

Folks, wins aren't served on a silver plate, you hafta earn it.

A game ain't fun with no challenge.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,550
    Options

I play both sides at rank 1 of which I'm sure you do not given your opinion.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    Options

Rank 1 both sides within the first few days of rank reset. You just hitting rank 1 now?

• Blueberry
    Options

Of that I highly doubt.

I've had rank 1 on both sides for years and probably have more hours than you and all your friends have combined.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options
  • ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    edited October 2019
    Options

Well after studying how others counter Fred I think I have changed my mind a bit.

I was trying too hard to wake up constantly and wasting time. Apparently many survivors just stay in the dream world and do gens. Staying asleep gives him more power, but time is still his enemy.

That being said, they do need to have a cap on the slowdown he can cause with add ons and perks combined.

• Aura_babyy
    edited October 2019
    Options

That same thing applies to killers. It's not about being viable, it's about being broken. You could make a point saying it's just refusing to learn to play against him. He doesn't need to be nerfed to the ground. Just some minor tweaks here and there. Someone argued that the best way to counter freddy is to stay awake. That is literally impossible in chases, which is okay, sure. But being hit throws you back into Dream World, making it hard to stay out of it anyway.

This, in particular isn't a big deal. But it's extremely tedious to have to run all the way across the ######### map for an alarm clock to have the 30 second grace period expire on your way back to the gen you were on lol. Here's what I think a suitable change without nerfing him too hard would be

> Either Change Oblivious or remove it from Freddy. He doesn't need it. Right now, it cancels out Borrowed Time, a perk meant as a defense against tunneling, which happens a lot. It also cancels out perks that require you to be near the killer, such as diversion (not even meta lol)

>Either Make all clocks usable, or add more clocks, and more choices for you. God they feel so useless when you have to leave your gen, go across the map to wake up and return to the gen to be a few seconds from being in the dream world again. Hellish in Solo and against Red Paint Brush.

Reading this, If you honestly think this removes Freddy's viability, then I honestly don't know how. As you said before, wins are not handed to you on a silver platter. It's okay to admit Freddy is a bit on the OP side if he launches from second worst killer ( sorry Bubba) to top 5 in the expanse of 2 patches back to back.

But can we at least see the two above as an agreeable change?

• Omans
    Options

Oh dear. Not that hours mean a darned thing, but I'm at 2000+ hours.

It is impressive that you have been hitting rank 1 for so long. Remember back then when it was Sooooooo difficult to rank up? Yup, so hard. But mate, if you can't hit rank 1 very soon into rank reset I'm not surprised you're having difficulties.

Some players, no matter how long they play can't hang with the best survivors. Watch Sal-gu, the Korean streamer if you'd like some tips. I'd show you myself, but I don't stream.

• Blueberry
    Options

"Not that hours mean a darned thing"

Hours represent experience.

"but I'm at 2000+ hours."

I'm at 4000

"if you can't hit rank 1 very soon into rank reset I'm not surprised you're having difficulties."

Who said I wasn't hitting rank 1 very soon after reset? I hit rank 1 right right after every reset

"Some players, no matter how long they play can't hang with the best survivors"

Which would explain why you're confused. If you'd like some tips there are quite a few beginners guides on youtube available.

• ItsBritneyBitch
    ItsBritneyBitch Member Posts: 21
    Options

Yes, I agree with you he is even more faster than before

• Omans
    Options

4000 hours and still having trouble understanding how this game should be balanced. Yikes.

Hours means literally nothing. If you don't have skill, you won't be good, regardless of how much you play. My friend has probably triple the time in overwatch that I do and he can never get past gold while I'm grandmaster. Doing the same thing poorly over and over again doesn't make you better than people with natural talent.

Again, check out what I recommended. You'll be amazed at what is possible with Killer if you know how to play! Or keep thinking that killers are super underpowered when players better than you tell you otherwise. Whatever works!

• Blueberry
    Options

'4000 hours and still having trouble understanding how this game should be balanced. Yikes."

You are sorely confused, that's understandable.

"Hours means literally nothing."

To someone who doesn't have them.

"You'll be amazed at what is possible with Killer if you know how to play!"

Here's a video to help you out. It will teach you most the basics.

"Or keep thinking that killers are super underpowered when players better than you tell you otherwise."

Or you'll finally get to rank 1 on both sides and realize how lost you are. One day you'll learn :)

• Penny
    Penny Member Posts: 136
    Options

hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahahahah

nn-nerf fred... ahahhahahahahha

he said freddy?? hahahahhahahahhhhhhhhhhhahahahahhahahahhaha

damn that was great.

• Omans
    Options

*sigh* just watch what I suggested. You might learn a few things. Or don't and continue being a 4000 hour player who thinks you can only win with nurse.

• Blueberry
    Options

I'm trying to help you become a better player, that's why I linked a video.

"player who thinks you can only win with nurse."

That isn't something I ever said or what I think.

You are very stuck in your opinion and refuse to believe you could be wrong.

• Aura_babyy
    Options

> linking a tutorial video as a form of sarcasm.

Touche.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 534
    Options

just... no

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

You can tell if you're going against a Freddy due to the sleep timer on the survivor's hud.

• xZeroStrike
    xZeroStrike Member Posts: 133
    Options

Yeah, but at that point you're in the game and can't change your perks anymore.