The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Last man alive 1st HOOK UPDATED!!

Hozh
Hozh Member Posts: 84

Hello fogs

I'd appreciate Devs to take in consideration the following;

Add atleast those 3 attempts of unhooking when you are the last survivor alive, hardly ever I get Hooked, not to brag about it, but atleast I deserve a chance at the end and not insta killed by the entity when I survived the full map without a hook.

I had so many chances once hooked when the killers leaves the area to unhook myself, that would have collected me BP or even escape

Comments

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

You must be a god if you nearly never get hooked. I praise you, and I'm not being sarcastic. I agree!

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

He might have Deliverance and DS and the Exitgate is near?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

And it might also be full moon, while it is Friday the 13ths and Christmas at the same day...

Such niche situations do not really justify the waste of so much time tbh.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

No, that might not be. I had many scenarios where this happend. Kinda unfair, that you dont get a chance to your 3 attempts at least. But hey... its a minor thing, that does not work correctly.. soo...

• MissGamer456
    MissGamer456 Member Posts: 154
    edited October 2019

Imagine having The Exit gate 95% and getting caught and then hooked- use deliverance to get off the hook dead hard pass killer run back to the gate - the gate is now 99% get knocked again (having DS) but killer slugging, use unbreakable open gate get knocked again crawl towards the exit (DS is still active) get pick up DS killer and Escape :O

or DS open the gate and Dead Hard Out :O

ONLY IN MY IMAGINATION :O

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

You should at least be rewarded survival points, since you're not allowed to struggle.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Agreed, Or the survivor can hold the game hostage for those 2 mins and just waste time. It would be cool if you could escape, but you would need a key too even escape, if the killer isn't just camping you anyway.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I'm going to see no because of three simple reasons

1) the game is pretty much over and I don't feel like waiting for you to have the small possibility of you escaping and there are some people out there who won't attempt but just drag out the time out of spite.

2) if you do get off the hook I don't feel like being decisive striked when I wasn't tunneling you in any way shape or form you are the only person left on the map

3) it's a denial of an already achieved Victory it would be like if I suggested that a killer could pull you out of the pull you out of the leaving animation at the exit gates you would be really annoyed because you already one only to be dragged back into the game.

Yes I know it's annoying when you have your Deliverance this I save dead hard combo when you want to get off but it's also just as much of a pain in the ass for the killer if they had to deal with that

• Hozh

Reason why I postd this its because it has happened to me, they go for a walk or make a distance, if I escape I could loop or make enough time to earn more BP, 3 escape attempts dont even take 10 seconds

• Hozh

its a time save but less fun, I wouldnt mind dou, the fact that if you die u get almost nothing of survival BP is not fair

• Hozh

not really, thats just an scenario out of a hundred

• Hozh

Its not like I never get hooked but if you play smart the chances are highly reduced, but thanks

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131

The point Weck was making was that if you could escape, the killer would not leave. The killer only walks away because you can't attempt to escape the hook. If you could attempt to escape or use Deliverance, the killer would stand there staring at you until you entered second state.

I walk away to look for the hatch to close or pallets to break because I know the survivor can't escape and is guaranteed to die. I wouldn't do that otherwise.

• Hozh

makes sense, in that case the 2k BP option given above would make more sense,

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

So you think you should really have a chance to kobe off the hook, in a solo vs the Killer game, with EGC active with no time on the gates?

Cause that's survivable yeah...

• Hozh

Again 1 vs 1 its not a big deal, depending on circustances, the gates depends on scenarios, most of the time they are open or even the hatch to be honest dont know what EGC stands for

• FireHazard
    edited October 2019

End Game Collapse or EGC, and how would you get downed at the gate if you opened it, that doesn't make sense. We'll say for the sake of conversation, that you were injured the moment it opened and got down, fine, than what? You still need to spend 3 unhook self attempts to get the 4%, and that's even if the Killer doesn't just stand there and wait till you unhook yourself than down you again...

AND, most of the time when you're the last person in the game, you have been hooked once or twice, so it doesn't even matter. If by the off chance you never got hooked, flawlessly juked the Killer at every chase you were in.. you could still get downed because it's a 1v1 with either the gates closed, or you open the gate at full health and just escape... than the point of unhooking yourself doesn't even matter. Also, I forgot to mention that if it's a 1v1 the map most likely has no pallets left... so its even more unlikely to avoid the Killer with pallets that don't exist anymore.

We'll say you're on lerys, which is one of the longest distances for gate spawns in the game, and you got downed and hooked and 4%'ed off the hook, you still need to either be lucky the Killer doesn't just stand there and waits for the 4%, or the Killer doesn't just monitor both gates and gets you again...

What if the Killer is someone like Demogorgon or Hag, or Trapper, Killers that can trap the gate to avoid this... than what? What if its Freddy and you're in dream state with dream snares... I'm not bashing the concept of the possibility of you escaping, I just find it unnecessary to add the possibility if the chances are so low...

• Hozh

Again, you are just making killer + scenarios, the gates could have been opened by other survivors prior escaping, the hatch can be opened, pallets might be there, too many scenarios can be applied, there is always a chance, but as I said the BP bonus would make more sense instead of unhooking, atleast those 2K.

• FireHazard

The possibility of those scenarios, is too unlikely for it to be considered. The 2k points thing doesn't really matter, but if they added it, that's cool I guess.

• TragicSolitude

I think a BP bonus for being the last survivor is a good idea. A chance to escape the hook, no, but a BP bonus would be good; it's not fair on the last survivor that the game automatically takes away the chance for struggle points and gives nothing in return.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

Agreed. I’ve been hooked next to an open exit gate with deliverance, DS, Dead hard all ready to go but because I was the last survivor I died instantly.

• Volfawott

Yeah no that's one of the specific reasons why it would be a bad idea.

That is literally robbing a victory away from a killer and that is extremely aggravating.

It's like very bad killer getting two or three kills because they had no one escapes death however it's even worse as the game is still in play once the exit gates are powered.

The situation you described gives you a free escape and then they could do absolutely nothing to cancel that.

You dead hard them you could just run to the gate.

Even if they manage to predict the dead hard you have the decisive strike.

As I've said in my previous comment a situation like this would be akin to a killer grabbing you out of the exit animation and dragging you back through the exit Gates If You're injured or downed it's rare and it's not fun because it robs you of your Victory

• TragicSolitude

^ This.

No survivor should be a one-man army. A single survivor should be weak without their team.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

That’s not robbing a victory from the killer, and it’s not a “free” escape for the survivor.

If I played well enough to make it to the end of the game without gettin first hooked and managed to activate my deliverance and I am close enough to the gate then I should escape, because I played better than the killer and my entire build is made for this situation.

If you as the killer want to avoid this situation then don’t let a survivor not get hooked the entire match.

• Volfawott

As a survivor you know you could achieve the same as always by Simply playing immersed it is no donation of skill.

You know what sure I'm all for it as long as decisive strike is not active if you're the last survivor and you unhook yourself.

That way sure you can use your Deliverance but if you want to make it out you'll have to do that on juking and your dead hard no decisive strike.

This way even if by an exit Gate a killer can still bait out your dead hard and get the down.

You don't think that's fair

The same way you said that you should make sure the survivor was hooked before the same way I can say you should make sure you didn't get downed in the first place

• DonnieTheZombie
    DonnieTheZombie Member Posts: 229

I posted about this a while back. I think it's stupid too. But oh well