The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survs who hit ruin and then run away

CrowFoxy
CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Why do you do that? And then you don't touch a gen all game looking for the totem. Seriously, please here's a tip. Hit greats. Solo survivor is hell, everyone is boosted.

Comments

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    edited October 2019

You raise your chances of survival by destroying it as early as possible. I have saved my team's butt many times knocking out Ruin within the first 2 min.

The exception to this is hex guarding killers trying to 3 gen. I just burn through it then to get my points.

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

i run Stake Out, helps get greats without getting greats

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I never leave a gen to look for ruin, just working through it I believe is better than searching around for the totem. As I'm heading to the next gen, I absolutely look around in my path.

• Aikanaro
    Aikanaro Member Posts: 310

I play solo and it depends, sometimes I search the totem because after being a few seconds doing a gen my team mate fails the skill check a lot, and sometimes I do the ruin gen because Im alone.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

If you can hit great skill checks, powering through is optimal. The rest of the time, not always. If I have a really nice toolbox I want to get optimal use out of, for example, that's one reason I might leave to look for ruin. Another is if I'm running inner strength, I might want to kill two birds with one stone that way, or if I'm carrying a Rainbow Map so I know that it will be easy to find. There's also the possibility that, like someone else mentioned, my teammates might not be the best at skill checks even if I can power through.

• Kasaki
    Kasaki Member Posts: 155
    edited October 2019

Because everyone on separate gens is the best way to power through ruin so you only have to worry about your own skill checks and not others, seriously why do people still work on gens together SMH 1 can get chased and with three on gens and no toolboxes that's 80 seconds not counting great skill checks for 3 gens to pop and with ruin you're only slightly setting that back if everyone can't hit greats

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Because I'd rather get rid of Ruin as fast as possible for my 60 hour SWF buddy, or at least have the killer stumble across me looking for it rather than him struggling through Ruin.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

Why are you so upset about this omg...

• Ringy01
    Ringy01 Member Posts: 65

This thread is a big ol' "get good".

But like others said, the faster you get it out of the way the better unless your whole team is a God at skill checks.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131

If I'm working on a gen with someone else and Ruin pops up, if they don't leave the gen then I do. It's not good for multiple survivors to work on one gen with Ruin active; it's better to split up.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

We can't all be gods like you and hit greats every time, I guess.

• CrowFoxy
    edited October 2019

I'm not a god, but I don't always hit greats either. But you still do gens through ruin, if all 4 is running around looking for totem killer wins.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

One could also argue if everyone is looking for the totem, it will be found quickly. I play solo survivor. It frustrates me too, and I'd like to power through but since most people won't touch a gen with ruin, I'm left even more vulnerable. I run Small Game so I can find it quickly for my teammates (and I hate Trapper and dying on my first hook because of NOED, so it's a win win win).

It's almost as if killers run the perk because it's extremely effective against most players.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

I can find the totem (I don't pack Small Game), don't tell me how to play.

If I'm in the mood I'll hit the skill checks.

If I just had my coffee I probably can't hit them so I'll run around looking for the totem. And sometimes I'm just not in the mood to R1 for two minutes so I go around running for some fresh air.

It's nonsense like this which makes me want to derank and stay in the green ranks where people won't judge me for playing for fun.

If all four are looking for the totem everyone is evading and it's harder for killer to find you. You won't lose if the survivors know what they're doing.

But hey, go ahead and do totems while I look ideally one or two people do gens while the others look for the totem. There's room for everyone's playstyle.

• Itq
    Itq Member Posts: 29
    edited October 2019

One reason might be that, if there is Ruin it's not wise to gang up multiple survivors on one gen because one missed check halts everyone. And repairing separate gens is usually better anyway.

Also, you can't know if there is Ruin before first skill check, and it might be just around the corner. Checking nearest totem spawn doesn't waste huge ammount of time.

• Mr_Goodman
    Mr_Goodman Member Posts: 61

I play with a controller on pc, and the tiny bit of delay causes me to miss great skillchecks. I power through it depending on my mood.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Some don't enjoy working with ruin or are bad at hitting great skill checks. Or maybe they just want that sweet bp.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,949

for me it's impossible to hit great skillchecks at night cause of tired eyes

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

If there is ruin I stay on the gen

I already know that at least 2 teammates are looking for it

By the time they find it I will have finished one or two gens

It's not that difficult to power through imo, after all it relies on RNG, at times I get maybe one or two skill checks per gen

• CrowFoxy
    edited October 2019

5% of a gen is literally less than 8 (4) seconds, so yeah it is extremely easy because most tbh favors you that much.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Goes to Gen. Ruin confirmed. Has Small Game and Inner Strength. Finds and cleanses totem. Continues gens.

• LegionMain343
    LegionMain343 Member Posts: 198

That is such a good idea. Thank you for letting me know about that UuU

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

When the rank 15 Sprint Burst Meg hits a Ruin skill check on the generator you've been working on

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

I try to hit greats, however I'm quite good at finding totems. I have most spots memorized.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

You go after Ruin because even though you can hit great skill checks you are probably grouped up with three other scrubs (boosted as you call them) who cannot.

At least check the immediate area you are in - it's embarrassing to finish a gen only to stumble over Ruin five steps away from where you were working.