Tea Bagging

Nutty_Professor
Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621
edited October 2019 in General Discussions

Why is tea bagging such a big deal in this community?

Tea bagging is something that is part and parcel of most competitive video games, yet I've seen posts suggesting that people should be banned and moris implemented to tackle this behaviour. When I started playing this game over a year ago, I didn't see what was the big deal with Tea bagging as before I was playing DBD I was playing Overwatch. In Overwatch, Tea bagging is more acceptable in the Overwatch community.

I rarely Tea Bag myself, despite considering myself a toxic survivor main. Comment below to why you think Tea Bagging is considered an issue in this community.

Comments

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I think most people haven't played any other online game before. I can't think of any other reason since teabagging has been a thing in online games for so long and no one gets triggered like people do in dbd in those games.

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

I once got facecamped because I Tea Bagged my friend after he got downed, the tea bag wasn't even directed at the killer.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I'm allergic to teabags...

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

It's funny at times playing survivor or killer. I don't see why it upsets people so much. If they think DBD bad with teabagging. Well

• ajbustetter
    ajbustetter Member Posts: 70
    edited October 2019

Its been a competitive/multiplayer/fps game staple since crouching was possible I'm talking like system shock days. I don't see how people get worked up over it.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Why some people can't handle tbagging in DBD (I think):

DBD is an asymmetrical / 4 v 1 game which results in higher stress levels for the person playing alone (the killer). Some people can't handle stress very well but like the idea of playing a killer.

This kind of person is typically already stressed out during the loading screen.

Now the game starts and the described killer is unlucky enough to go against an optimal team of 4 elite survivors who've seen it all and know every juke etc.

Stress level is now above what's considered "healthy" - if stress is even healthy in any way whatsoever.

Now the game is about to end and all 4 survivors are still alive and tbagging whenever they can. Stress levels are now... Well... Heartattack-ishly high because the person playing killer feels like they're getting bullied by a group at school.

If you play other pvp games you usually win or lose as a group reducing stress levels for each individual as the focus is not on a single person.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

Imagine being triggered by tbagging lol

• Waterfall
    Waterfall Member Posts: 202

I think the difference is just how unbalanced this game is. If a skilled 4 man swf is tbagging at every pallet as if 4 man on comms takes skills that usually upsets the solo killer who is basically being bullied. In this situation even I who plays what is considered fair will use every dirty trick to make sure the swf learn a lesson in bullying.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

I tend to think the t-baggers think they're good/better than me at the game so its my duty to bring them down a peg or two and prove they're not.

The only way i can communicate this to them is when they are on the hook i stay close very close to their face with my Bubbas chainsaw revving. They soon realise the errors of their way and leave my game.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309
    edited October 2019

Regardless of how "deep" some people seem to believe it is, it's what it has always been: a taunt.

It's up to you if you're going to get taunted by it like a MMORPG mob or not. Sometimes it'll work because the player doing it is genuinely too garbage to back their taunt up, sometimes it'll cost you greatly to chase the person that's begging to be chased.

EDIT: No clue why the whole post is bold, I didn't format it that way. But whatever 😄