So... SWF

How could anything be more unfun and frustrating than playing against 4 people on comms? I could care less about rank or 'winning' but games against SWF (which are most) are so agonizingly boring/unfun that it makes me want to just uninstall the game. But ya know... the good ol' devs just want to keep pandering to the survbots, even though it's already incredibly easy to face a killer. I can't wait until I finally give up on this game.

P.S. before anyone asks, I don't dodge because I actually want to play, not wait in a lobby for 20 minutes :)

Comments

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

i think i mentioned this elsewhere... they let us see stats and games vs SWF was less than 50% of all matches if i remember correctly....🤷🏻‍♂️tequila bruh

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

"survbots" 🤔

So what would make the situation better for you in particular? SWF indicator? Buffs for solo + killers that need it to lessen the gap? BP bonus for facing them? Something else? Because if you're a hardline "remove SWF/block VOIP apps" kinda guy then you're probably better off finding another game, as neither will ever happen.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

Oh I do play survivor, I still don't like SWF though. I have nothing against playing with your friends, however in this game it causes way too much of an advantage to the survivor side. But you can pretend it doesn't.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

i've had ppl message me so not so nice words over the ps4 messaging system...

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I do not think swf provides too much of an advantage, so I can say that. I've had plenty of SWF games where the killer is either just plain better than us, or we play in a way that isn't necessarily the smartest but we do it because we're playing with friends. Not all friends are at the same skill level and that can make a game go downhill very quickly.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

lol same but I can always turn off the messages from randos feature if I want. It makes me laugh when people go totally apeshit at me.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

Theres a difference between red rank SWF groups and brown-green swf groups.

• siyke26
    siyke26 Member Posts: 81

I play swf all the time and we lose so to speak most of our games we might only get 1 or 2 gens done before a 4k or 3k hatch escape. I honestly have better games solo but I have more fun with swf. We die due to our attachment to each other more often than not and the lack of attachment in solo fairs better. Honestly as a killer I prefer swf groups as they tend to come to me in groups of 2 to be downed. So I don't get what the problem is maybe it's because I am on Xbox and whether or not not swf they can still group up in lobby. So it really wouldn't matter. Either way if you can't stand for a group people working against you with communication maybe you shouldn't play online games at all because very few games disable the ability to communicate outside the it's almost impossible to block all communication. People have have phones with discord and other apps to talk developers can't stop that.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    edited October 2019

It happens from time to time. Even if it's bad and Oh boy! it can get bad in messages in ps4 too. However, i try and not get it to me because

1. I may never see them again, or remember there names

2. It takes a while with effort to message in ps4. So much effort. If i get a toxic message i just say"Oh, messaging little o'me" "i must be on your mind to get this from you". Even after like mins later they still message. "You must like me a lot to keep sending messages. The game was over a while ago" It can get bad. I just have fun with it. Mostlikly you will never meet them.

3. Who cares what they say. Who are they to you. They are some person on the other side of a screen.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

The devs released the stats a while back (before EGC, hatch closing, healing nerf, etc) and there wasnt much of a difference between SWF and solo survival rates...

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620
    edited October 2019

I think SWF have 1 trouble only.SWF can use voice and change info about killer and after this for example some perks of killer not work and some perks survivors not need because why I will use for example KINDRED if I can use VOICE!!! And when SWF use voice its make much troubles I mean give info about totems about gens progress (oh this gen 95% repair finish it)and other other other but DEVS don't comment it they think its ok :D

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265

For the last year they've actually been catering to us killers...I dont know what you've been on, but they've been doing fix after fix. And I love stomping SWF. Sometimes you lose hard, but eh, sometimes it just be like that. You know what you signed up for. If you dont like it, leave lobby and pray for players that are solo.

Beating a SWF feels incredible for me. Nothing feels better than the though of knowing that that group of people are all probably yelling at eachother about what I did to them. Od maybe they're just laughing and having a good time. Who knows. Dont focus too much on it. The changes will come eventually. Maybe they'll add a feature that's specific for SWF and it would have specific nerfs to things while doing SWF. Honestly it's not all that hard to beat them (I usually count killing 2-3 as a win though)

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    edited October 2019

I love how people bring up devs stats as if they were actually legit. They have very low credibility imo.

Remember, these are the people who released Mattle Of Man in the state it was despite getting a shittt ton of negative feedback on the ptb.

And after that, had to do a urgent rework because they, for once, realized the mess they had made. Only agravating even more the situation because people had spend money on a character, and now the perk is pretty much useless.

Pretty good job.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

I swear the killers I see complain about SWF are the ones who would sweat going against them, and antagonize all survivors as "toxic" or "entitled" when that one match doesn't go well for them instead of dodging the lobby so they won't get upset.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    edited October 2019

Again another generalizing SWF post. There is just a tiny percentage thats complicated in SWF and youre not facing this tiny percentage every game.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Playing SWF is easy mode, but only if you’re all competent. I find most SWF start off strong, but if you can manage to snowball can become pretty easy due to altruism.

Like the top tier killers, difficult, but adapt and you can win.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I don’t find it unfun... sometimes challenging? Yes.

I don’t pay attention to who/what joins my matches. I ready up walk away and get a drink and come back and we’re already in the match half the time.

• ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528
    edited October 2019

Just some additional information I forgot/was too tired to post last night.

I was binging clown so that definitely didn't help.

Most of the SWF were 4 red ranks and if not it was 3 and a rank 15 (yes, I did always kill the grey rank)

They always used items.

They sent us to pallet town/Macmillian maps over and over.

I had a couple of decent games, don't get me wrong. Overall, though, it was frustrating.

Edit: spelling

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698

SWF is to play with your friends(co-op is fun), SWF is not always a "good" team.

I do think the dev's should allow killers to know if it was SWF after the match.

I think a lot of killers out there would realize they faced less SWF than they realize ( especially if the stats are true, I haven't seen them.) And even if it was a swf sometimes its just 2, not a 4 man squad. When I play survivor it is solo, and I find a lot of teams we just get super coordinated. And perks help like bond etc. I mean survivors ARE a team... they SHOULD work together regardless of SWF or not. That is kind of the basic part of the game, is it not?

As far as being overpowered and such, I think SWF can add challenge, and I've seen AMAZING squads, get utterly destroyed. I think it really just depends on the killer and your play-style and the ability to adapt, especially in game. I think this is crucial as killer.

I think a lot of frustration and confusion would be eliminated if killers could just know after the game if it was SWF, and I think a lot more people would not complain as much.

As far as dodging and matchmaking, I can see your point. The Q times can be long and insane. I spend half my ability to play if not more some times, just in the lobby... or not EVEN in a lobby... the pre lobby matching.... That is very frustrating as well and just adds to the stress of people, which I can understand. I have only a limited time to play games lately, and when I do I just want a match! And not to mention the times you get into a game and it forces you to disconnect or game crashes. Etc. It can be frustrating. I know they are trying to fix this though.

My suggestion is if you are in a match and it seems really unfun or boring. Try something new, try something you never thought of or out of the box. Even if you just decide to go around meme'ing lol. Just try to make the most of it and enjoy it as best you can, regardless. Also- If you don't want to just "dodge", if I see the survivors bringing a lot of items, mostly if its all 4 with flashlights or something, I just toss on Franklins... *whistles* :)

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    edited October 2019

If they remove swf, many people will stop playing the game and queue times will be a lot longer.

If they make every killer omega blink nurse tier, this game will die. You will have tons of fun waiting for survivors that will never join your lobby. Stop being biased.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • DancingJellyBean
    DancingJellyBean Member Posts: 4

You do realize that there was a statistic saying that 4 man SWF groups are only 3-4% of the player base right? Your argument is completely invalid and this idea of there constantly being 3-4 man SWF groups is agonizingly ridiculous.

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73

Report them on Ps4 and Playstation takes it serious. You will stop them from doing it to others

• Blackowt_9120
    Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300

i Love all the salt I get over psn, especially when someone dcs on the first down and sends something like “that was bs and you know it not wasting my time with you” because they don’t understand why their 360 didn’t work on a red rank game or they get smacked through a pallet. 3v1 is waaaay less stressful than 4v1

• UkilledLegion

@HellCatJane stop protect SWF.SWF and team it the same things.And more people annoying not SWF.Them annoying that SWF use voice and this give them advantage and all know about it! and stop tell that SWF its balance or good!SWF NOT WILL GOOD SO FAR SWF TEAM CAN AND WILL USE VOICE PROGRAMS!

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

It's true that a SWF have a voice command but honestly there is not much to say or a lot of advantage, just "the killer is following me" , "the killer is [Insert killer's name]", "the killer is camping me" , also I run kindred when I play with my brother as an example, it helps to know where other survs are, even when I play with my cousin and my brother I run it. Yes, SWF generally are better in co-op (and not every SWF is) but there are a lot of people who play solo that have high skill enough to do a flashlight save as an example. And yes, it's a pain that a SWF decide to t-bag you but instead of complain about SWF you should bring ideas to buff solos and killers equally

If you see a survivor in a SWF who brings flashlight is highly probable that he/she will do flashlight saves, if you even knowing that decide to ignore it and play like they are solos (or potatoes) then it's your fault.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698

@UkilledLegion From what I can understand that you are saying.

How I view SWF, is and from the statistics as well. That SWF realistically killers are not facing that often. And if killers were able to tell if it was an SWF (after game). You would realize that the teams you are thinking are using "voice comms" and "unbalancing" the game aren't actually SWF at all. I've seen completely random people working GREAT together and it appeared that they were SWF, but weren't. I'm saying I think a lot of teams people are mistaking them for being SWF...

Also the point of the game is 4 survivors working TOGETHER to escape. 4 survivors are a team regardless. So, I don't see that aspect as an advantage. I understand swf is generally more coordinated, but even if you took out SWF I think survivors would still be as coordinated and "annoying" like you think. But it is way more fun when you are among friends you know. Their are perks as said above, kindred, bond. That help with coordinating already. People don't need comms to play the game effectively.

I don't think SWF is unbalanced and I'd gladly play against them. (Infact I do!..... sometimes with franklins tho ;) hehe ) I also try to make the most of bad situations, and trust me I've been there. I get the frustration of it all. But I don't think statistically/factually the frustration is what it may appear to be, if that makes sense.

I wholeheartedly believe that if the dev's let people see who they were facing, killers would have a better understanding of how the game went and why it went the way it did, as opposed to just assuming and blaming it on SWF. And hey, if the facts are there and support that SWF is unbalancing the game and it is all SWF, I'd most likely change my opinion.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I play both sides at high ranks and neither side is “too easy” and swf is fine.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Killers should just get a blood point bonus for going against swf

100% vs 4 stack

75% vs 3 stack/1 solo

50% vs 2 stack/2 stack

25% vs 2 stack/2 solos

You find out who is swf post match. At least if you get a rough game you get some sort of bonus.

• December_1863
    December_1863 Member Posts: 206

git gud

• UkilledLegion

@HellCatJane its funny for only survivors but killers play this game too :D and why anyone not think about killers fun?Its not fun when 1 team have advantage but other no...its not fun when 1 team play comfortable but other no...I more not like this game already...but play on red ranks only :D

• ahandfulofrain

Dude... survivor is too easy. Legit. I can get to rank 1 as survivor immediately after reset. You pip every game until you hit it. It's BS.

• MemberBerry
    MemberBerry Member Posts: 394

Honestly I just want an UI that tells they're swf. At least let us have conclusive evidence of whether or not we were at a disadvantage from the very start.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

I mean... have you ever thought that the problem might be your own skill, and not the apparent swf in the match? Not denying that there are some SWFs that are super coordinated that theres really nothing a killer (thats not nurse and to an extent spirit) can do to win, cause there are some like that, but they’re very uncommon.

• ahandfulofrain

I mean, when I play clown and trapper against optimal 4 man SWF teams what should I expect? I hit rank 1 playing Trapper, I think I'm okay in that department.

• ahandfulofrain

Oh, I gotcha, I gotcha. You have a point that I didn't even think of, good call.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I enjoy the challenge of SWF. Most solo matches are face rolls. I can 4k those by rolling my face back and forth on the keyboard. SWF matches vs 4 man is rare and even half of those consist 2 or so members who can't hide or loop well.

Too much whining on these forums. 4k is not a right, get out there and get better. Challenge those 4 man hit squads and make them earn it too.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

A lot of people can get to R1 quickly after reset as killer too, all that proves is that some people find pipping easy.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

You have to take this info with a grain of salt because they said this information wasn't complete as they omitted specific matches and ranks.