The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ghostface Addon suggestions

Just put together this little graphic of what I think should be changed with Ghostface's addons. most of them do very little, so I think these changes would give a reason to use anything other than double recovery addons. Also note that aside from the Ultra Rares, these suggestions are in addition to the effects already on the addons.

Let me know what you guys think.

Comments

• lahgsativ
    lahgsativ Member Posts: 13

I'm glad you liked my ideas, I intended for the Driver's License & the Video Tape to be a pretty strong combo, similar to spirit with beads & the ring. I'm really disappointed with how boring Ghostface's addons are so I hope the devs consider implementing my suggestions.

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

I like these ideas. They would be much needed changes for ghostface and make his add-ons more interesting. Especially his ultra-rare add-ons which I don't really like in their current state

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

This meets the Michael Myers seal of addon quality approval.

• lahgsativ

Thank you for your seal of approval.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

I would like a Judith's Journal on Ghostface so he can get some use from Furtive Chase.

Crouch addons much be a bit op considering how fast he can crouch and attack compared to Pig.

I like most of these, though.

• lahgsativ

I know my suggestions for the crouch addons may seem op, but consider that they would only have that effect while in Night Shroud, using it would take you out of stealth and require you to activate Night Shroud again before another lunge.

• phantasmal
    phantasmal Member Posts: 144

These def sound more fun and creative than his current ones.

One idea I had for him was a very or ultra rare add-on that gives him a big buff (movement, possibly?) when he is revealed. And in return he can can no longer mark people.

• lahgsativ

Thanks, I had some ideas for addons that would increase a survivors stalk progress if they revealed you, but I figured that would be a bit too strong.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

The camera addon is OP. This is an OoO to all survivors with them not being able to see you. Or an almost constant BBQ.

The crouch addons might be fun, but I don't really like to add the pig mechanic. I'd rather play pig then.

Removing the exposed notification is also kinda OP. Then you acn stalk any1 from distance and crawl to them out of sight, and then dash attack them with insta down? Also a reason why I don't like the dash addons

I like the instant power recovery, but on marked hits it makes no sense. That normally comes right after you stalked someone in NightShroud, so you get it instantly back. Normally no one detects you while being chased exposed.

Increasing the time it needs to detect is difficult to balance. Thats why it is so short. That would need to come with a reduced stalking meter filling. Takes longer, but gives you better chance to find cover while being detected. It takes only 4 seconds by default to expose someone right now. 2 while leaning. 1 second to detect means, you almost have to already look into the direction where he tries to stalk you, otherwise you are exposed

I like the aura addon

• lahgsativ

I know the Security Camera might seem op, but Black Incense is also in the game, which reveals survivors every time they puke (every 5~15 seconds). My suggestion for the security camera is the BBQ effect, but also with a sound cue which makes it a dead giveaway. Also its an ultra rare, it should be strong.

Removing the exposed notification is a pretty big deal, but once you use it once or twice survivors will catch on and realize they need to play as if they were always exposed. As for the crouch addons, I know I put Moderately/Considerably but the actual values are relative, I didnt intend for the lunge to be on the level of a pig lunge, just somewhat further.

The instant power recovery is a reward for using the ability well, I'm not sure why you dont get it, but if you stalk and down a survivor, you will instantly have your ability ready to activate again.

And yeah, the increases to the detection time would need to be very small, maybe like extra .5~1 second longer, any longer than that and things would get ridiculous.

But anyway thanks for the feedback :)

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Regarding the plague addon, yeah thats OP too, but only due to the fact that you get never a clue that the killer has this addon. You could cleanse against this and would need to play slow as to hide everytime the plague uses corrupt. At least it would be possible to outplay, but it is OP as you never get a clue of this addon

And thats also why removing the exposed change is heavy. Because every survivor needs to experience this once, giving like a free down on every survivor. That works on totems as they can be cleansed and also every survivor gets the notification when one is downed, but not on personal exposed status

Anyway, good thing someone makes some thoughts about more interesting gameplay, hopefully it gets recognized to improve the game

• lahgsativ

Yeah the plague addon is really strong, thats why I added in the global sound queue, its still a strong effect but I think that downside still keeps it reasonable while still being worthy of an ultra rare.

Also removing the exposed notification is strong, but It wouldnt give a free down on every survivor, I think survivors would be able to connect the dots if they see teammates going down instantly without any red ring on the hud & the killer is ghostface. after 1 or 2 downs survivors would catch on for sure. (unless they dc instantly because they think its iri heads)

• owls_neck
    owls_neck Member Posts: 1

I'm surprised an addon like the suggestion isn't already a thing to be honest

• lahgsativ

The brown camera used to have that effect in the PTB, not sure why they removed it.

• Lentoro
    Lentoro Member Posts: 213
    edited October 2019

All of these addons are very creative and seem very fun to use and allow for a ton of different fun combos. The recovery rate change is also very good. GhostFace is one of the most fun killers in the game but almost all of his addons are very bad and boring atm. I would love to see these changes in game and I think the Devs should do something about his addons.

Overall great suggestion

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

As a player that plays both sides, they're both improved add-ons and personally not annoying to go against.

• lahgsativ

Thanks, glad you guys like my suggestions.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,074

I like these changes, it makes some addons better and some addons a lot more fun than just some number increases / decreases. Great job!

• skorlupka1109
    skorlupka1109 Member Posts: 4

man i absolutely love your ideas, I didnt know how to contact you so i am just going to say it here.

could you do the same thing for demogorgon, wraith and clown. well mainly demogorgon because currently his add ons are weak