Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

As a killer main I cry after 2.1.0 patch

rafiksom
rafiksom Member Posts: 50

DBD is my favourite game. I have t-shirst, figures, wallpapers about this game.
I am the killer main, but also play as survivor and I very upset about direction this game is heading towards.
Since the patch which changed pallet loops (no more vacuming) playing as a killer started to be not challenging at all.
1. No more vacuming destroyed element of surprise, challenge. You said that reworking "pallet loops" will make oportunity to mind games but what u made is completely opposite. Survivors now are dropping pallets as fast as they can and running to next pallet gym.
2. Exhaustion nerf made the chaise predictable. When I was chaising survivor and he did second time perfect dead hard I was like "Holy crap, nicely done, didnt expect that, now I will remember that filthy survivor".
3. Picking up time destroyed completely flashlight saves. When I downed survivor I felt thrill of the hunt, as a hunter I was trying to protect my prey, didnt want to let it free because survivor with flashlight. I had many ways to counter it, lightborn, franklins, looking at the wall. After 2.1.0 you dont even think about flashlight save because now its very hard to do.
4. Playing as a killer is starting to be like find survivor (easy) -> down it (after vacuum patch easy) -> hook it (after 2.1.0 easy) -> repeat. The worst thing about that, that you are ranking very fast, and the better rank you have the longer time you are wasting in lobby. So actually game is punishing you for being high ranked. I didnt play any game since 2.1.0 because I am rank 1. I wasted like 2 hrs waiting for game.
5. Survivors are starting to be nervous. Since the vacuum patch I am noticing more disconnects, no more "gg" in lobby and so on. Is this what you called "fighting toxicity" ?
6. You made low-tier killers (trap and hag) to top-tier killers in just one patch. IN JUST ONE PATCH. How can it be balanced ?
7. Brand new part was nerfed 2 times, and now u have to 4 BNP to do gens, and it is still ultra rare. Is this balanced ?
DBD is only game I play, and I am scared about decisive strike and self-care nerf, because propably it will destroy the game. The survivor population will go down, beceause with every patch you are nerfing them.

Comments

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370
    edited July 2018

4 I have noticed since i started this game, over a year ago, that after any major patch there seems to be lobby issues for a few days that eventually get sorted.

I am pretty sure that unless people really are leaving that this will sort itself out in time.

Uh...what happ to the text? Its big and i did nothing????

The hashtag followed by the number 4 increased the text...ok

• rafiksom

@thomasnut said:

@rafiksom said:
    So we are making the game extremely easy for one side which is not rewarding because you are doing 4kills in every single game, and extremely hard for other side because "we decided so".

Easy for one side. You mean like it has been for survivors forever?

You should adapt changes to playstyle fo players, not to decision of "game directors" who are not playing this game.
    Survivors want to chaise with the killer, not holding ctr and m1 all the time, this game changed from horror game to mindiing-chaising game, but not because patches but because of players who decided to play like that. You can't force playstyle with massive nerfing one side and buffing other side.

• rafiksom

@switch said:
    yeah sure i doubt that you're a killer main.

What is your point? Do you want any proof?

• sHAAN
    sHAAN Member Posts: 36

i am tired of survivors complaining if u see killer is ´´easy´´ to play u haven´t play in high rank basiclly they will hide and do gens and if u chase somebody gens will be done u have to chase them genuinely and dont waste time in a chase u will pay it so stop complainning and try to improve

• rafiksom

@sHAAN said:
    i am tired of survivors complaining if u see killer is ´´easy´´ to play u haven´t play in high rank basiclly they will hide and do gens and if u chase somebody gens will be done u have to chase them genuinely and dont waste time in a chase u will pay it so stop complainning and try to improve

Are u talking to survivors main or killers main ? Who need to improve ?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

not challenging?
    then stop playing in low ranks.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    rafiksom said:

@sHAAN said:

You, you need to improve. Survivor has always been easy, that's why you liked chases so much, they were an easy, almost risk free way to occupy killers. Some window vaults and loop spots literally made killers unplayable on console (Huntress, you. You are almost completely destroyed by map rng on ps4)

You and all your SWF Buds are being ridiculous. 
  • switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

@rafiksom said:

@switch said:

What is your point? Do you want any proof?

No, just curious cause i main killer at rank 1 every season and i still thing survivors are in control of the match.
    Maybe i'm a noob and i refuse to play the braindead killers aka Nurse, and HB, usually playing the inferior killers.

• Dragon_of_Fantasy
    Dragon_of_Fantasy Member Posts: 50

@switch said:

This guy has another post called "Killer rank 1" that's about long queue times for killer. Take what you want with that info.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/10358/killer-rank-1-queue-time-is-insane#latest

• rafiksom

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    rafiksom said:

@sHAAN said:

You, you need to improve. Survivor has always been easy, that's why you liked chases so much, they were an easy, almost risk free way to occupy killers. Some window vaults and loop spots literally made killers unplayable on console (Huntress, you. You are almost completely destroyed by map rng on ps4)

U need to improve in reading skills. I am the killer main, not survivor.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    1. The pallet vacuum was no more but another crutch to survivors allowing them to loop for more time up to 3 or 4 times running around a pallet. It was an aberration.

2. Exaustation nerf was necessary because this is a 4 vs 1 game. Since the start survivors have the advantage againts the killer, and it's only by they mistakes that a killer can "win". An exaustations that really wasn't that and you could trigger SB and other perks two times in a chase was a big fault in the game.

3. I can only agree in this with you. Pick up time is too fast and it may be increased a little as it wasn't very hard to counter a flashlight in the past and its very hard to do a blind pickup now.

4. If you think playing killer is easy you should play it more. Because you need the best perks you can have, the best addons or strategie you can use and still you can get a 4 man escape sometimes if its a good survivor team or a SWF.

5. They need to deal with the changes and adapt. Cry babies need to get off of this game. They don't contribute anything and just whine.

6. Top tier trapper???? Hahaha nice joke there. He may be a little more decent but in no way hes better than a nurse or billy dude.

7. BNP shouldn't be in the game in the first place. Everyone knows that.

The survivor population will rarely go down. I see good number in steam. And if many have matchaking problems as playing killer like, longer lobby times, it's because there is an issue that the devs need to fix but nothing related to a "few people that whine about the last patch" because they are only a few. Be sure of that.

• rafiksom

@Irisora , can I read abotu that issue somewhere ?

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

@rafiksom said:
    @Irisora , can I read abotu that issue somewhere ?

Search the forum and you will find various threads about longer lobby times as killer. I personally, as many others have this issue since months.. not after this patch.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@rafiksom said:
    So we are making the game extremely easy for one side which is not rewarding because you are doing 4kills in every single game, and extremely hard for other side because "we decided so".

Survivors are not supposed to be the power role on their own though. In numbers they should stand a chance.

• Playa
    Playa Member Posts: 3

@Irisora said:

1. If you think playing killer is easy you should play it more. Because you need the best perks you can have, the best addons or strategie you can use and still you can get a 4 man escape sometimes if its a good survivor team or a SWF.

so you're saying that the game is balanced only when killer is always able to 4k?

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Tsulan said:
    Killers get nerfed hard for 2 years = git gud noobs
    Survivors get some minor nerfs while 2 low tier killers get some much needed reworks = game is not fun anymore

I´m a survivor main btw.

I GET IT!

• inkedsoulz
    inkedsoulz Member Posts: 93

@rafiksom said:
    DBD is my favourite game. I have t-shirst, figures, wallpapers about this game.
    I am the killer main, but also play as survivor and I very upset about direction this game is heading towards.
    Since the patch which changed pallet loops (no more vacuming) playing as a killer started to be not challenging at all.
    1. No more vacuming destroyed element of surprise, challenge. You said that reworking "pallet loops" will make oportunity to mind games but what u made is completely opposite. Survivors now are dropping pallets as fast as they can and running to next pallet gym.
    2. Exhaustion nerf made the chaise predictable. When I was chaising survivor and he did second time perfect dead hard I was like "Holy crap, nicely done, didnt expect that, now I will remember that filthy survivor".
    3. Picking up time destroyed completely flashlight saves. When I downed survivor I felt thrill of the hunt, as a hunter I was trying to protect my prey, didnt want to let it free because survivor with flashlight. I had many ways to counter it, lightborn, franklins, looking at the wall. After 2.1.0 you dont even think about flashlight save because now its very hard to do.
    4. Playing as a killer is starting to be like find survivor (easy) -> down it (after vacuum patch easy) -> hook it (after 2.1.0 easy) -> repeat. The worst thing about that, that you are ranking very fast, and the better rank you have the longer time you are wasting in lobby. So actually game is punishing you for being high ranked. I didnt play any game since 2.1.0 because I am rank 1. I wasted like 2 hrs waiting for game.
    5. Survivors are starting to be nervous. Since the vacuum patch I am noticing more disconnects, no more "gg" in lobby and so on. Is this what you called "fighting toxicity" ?
    6. You made low-tier killers (trap and hag) to top-tier killers in just one patch. IN JUST ONE PATCH. How can it be balanced ?
    7. Brand new part was nerfed 2 times, and now u have to 4 BNP to do gens, and it is still ultra rare. Is this balanced ?
    DBD is only game I play, and I am scared about decisive strike and self-care nerf, because propably it will destroy the game. The survivor population will go down, beceause with every patch you are nerfing them.

Survivors are fine, any decent survivor can still run around any killer except the nurse for like 4 gens.

• Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190
    switch said:

Some killers want an actual challenge 
  • rafiksom

@Unit said:
    switch said:

Some killers want an actual challenge 

You are propably first one who get point of this post.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

You're not a survivor main Tsulan. You're a L O G I C main :p

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673
    edited July 2018

@rafiksom said:
    I am the killer main

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_XjOdLkOX8

Probably the Best Bait of the Day!

• Dr_doom_j2
    edited July 2018
    rafiksom said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    rafiksom said:

@sHAAN said:

rafiksom said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    rafiksom said:

@sHAAN said:

I read you fine. I just don't believe you
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    So I was super excited about the changes until I lost 50 matches in a row... WTHOLYF. 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

:p 
    I just want a balanced and fun game for everyone.
    Is this to much to ask for?
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

@Tsulan said:
    MineAntoiya said:

@Tsulan

:p 
    I just want a balanced and fun game for everyone.
    Is this to much to ask for?

Sadly, it looks like it is too much to ask for.

• Dr_doom_j2
    edited July 2018
    So I stand corrected. You play killer. Doesn't mean you are correct about all this. I don't know any killer mains who actually enjoy pallet loops, and that dead hard thing was just so hilarious I didn't take it serious.

I will say this, flashlights Wil take getting used to. But really, this is the problem survivors made. They, like you, wanted more chases and less stealth, so now they must tweak how chases work for both sides. 

Most of what you said is ridiculous, but I do understand that frustration. It will take survivor players time to adjust, but they will, and the game will be the challenge to both sides it should have always been
  • sHAAN
    sHAAN Member Posts: 36

@rafiksom said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    rafiksom said:

@sHAAN said:

well i am improving but even if i know where the survivors are they will do what they want actually i am trying to going to a gen if i see 2 survs smack one chase drop one pallet and go back , but as i say and some people agree it will be nice to add new mechanics for both sides , just to add more fun in to the game