Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A Question For Killers

Zet395
Zet395 Member Posts: 177

Just a fun little question to pass the time. Who would you rather play as, Wraith or Freddy? I am curious and am looking forward to some interesting responses!

Comments

• Zet395

@Orion said:
    Wraith. I'd like to be able to hit Survivors when I find them, and not 7 seconds later.

I agree. Honestly, I still don't know why Freddy has been treated like he has. I feel like he needs a complete rework or buffs in some way.

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    Not a killer main so you may want to discard my response, but I would rather play as Freddy.  at high ranks (lvl 18 -20) he is in my opinion overpowered.  I have heard he doesn't scale well.  Going to try to main killer after next reset so may change my answer. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Russ76 said:
    Not a killer main so you may want to discard my response, but I would rather play as Freddy.  at high ranks (lvl 18 -20) he is in my opinion overpowered.  I have heard he doesn't scale well.  Going to try to main killer after next reset so may change my answer. 

Those are low ranks. High ranks have the smaller numbers.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Freddy all the way. At least I don't have to start a chase with the handbrake set on.
  • Zet395

@Russ76 said:

I can't say how many times I have heard he is overpowered in the low ranks. I wouldn't say that he is "OP" in the low ranks, it's just that survivors in the low ranks don't yet know how to combat and counter him just yet. Once you know how to bully him, he's easy to beat. Much sad for Freddy.

• Zet395

@Tsulan said:
    Freddy all the way. At least I don't have to start a chase with the handbrake set on.

Yeah, you don't have to slow down as Freddy, but you still have to wait like 7 seconds -- giving the survivors plenty of time to get to a pallet or window to increase the distance between you -- compared to the couple seconds for Wraith, whom can also get a speedboost after uncloaking with some add-ons.

• Zet395

@Mrbombastic said:
    I like freddy but he need some attention right now

Yes, he does. Poor Freddy. :(

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

Freddy.

He's much more fun in my opinion.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Zet395 said:
    Just a fun little question to pass the time. Who would you rather play as, Wraith or Freddy? I am curious and am looking forward to some interesting responses!

Wraith. Easily.
    He's not that strong, but at least the Bing Bong is fun, and you can actually pull out some nice plays with him.
    Freddy is just an annoyance for both sides.

• Russ76
    Orion said:

@Russ76 said:

gotcha.  figured by putting in the numbers people would know what I meant, but appreciate the clarification and will use that going forward.

Zet395 said:

@Tsulan said:

Yeah, you don't have to slow down as Freddy, but you still have to wait like 7 seconds -- giving the survivors plenty of time to get to a pallet or window to increase the distance between you -- compared to the couple seconds for Wraith, whom can also get a speedboost after uncloaking with some add-ons.

I agree with @Tsulan on this one.  While the transition period is a pain, I am often right on them when they fall asleep.  Might take 7 seconds to fall asleep, but a lot of times by 8 seco ds they have been hit once.  (most survivors don't drop a pallet until they are fully in dream world, in my experience at the lower ranks)
  • Zet395

In my experience -- playing Wraith for the past 3 days -- it is EXTREMELY rewarding when you get 4 kills with a killer that you know is bad at his core. It just feels like you're actually better than those you played against. lol

• Russ76
    Zet395 said:

In my experience -- playing Wraith for the past 3 days -- it is EXTREMELY rewarding when you get 4 kills with a killer that you know is bad at his core. It just feels like you're actually better than those you played against. lol

Never got a 4k with wraith so I can only imagine.  granted think my wraith is only like lvl 7 and haven't touched him since clown patch came out and allowed me 2 perks at that point
  • Zet395

@Russ76 said:
    Orion said:

@Russ76 said:

gotcha.  figured by putting in the numbers people would know what I meant, but appreciate the clarification and will use that going forward.
    Zet395 said:

@Tsulan said:

I agree with @Tsulan on this one.  While the transition period is a pain, I am often right on them when they fall asleep.  Might take 7 seconds to fall asleep, but a lot of times by 8 seco ds they have been hit once.  (most survivors don't drop a pallet until they are fully in dream world, in my experience at the lower ranks)

Well, do remember that, that is in the lower ranks, where Freddy is at his strongest. But you also have to remember that survivors can do a lot in 7 seconds. Open the exit gates, wake up another survivor, heal, get a skillcheck to wake themself up instantly and more. Freddy needs help.

• Zet395

@Russ76 said:
    Zet395 said:

Never got a 4k with wraith so I can only imagine.  granted think my wraith is only like lvl 7 and haven't touched him since clown patch came out and allowed me 2 perks at that point

What I tend to notice is that Killers that actually main a Killer like Wraith or Freddy are looking for a challenge. As I said earlier, it actually feels really rewarding when you outplay Survivors as a bad Killer. I am at rank 9 right now and I still get a lot of good games with Wraith. It always depends on whom you are fighting though. Killers are only powerful when Survivors do stupid stuff.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Wraith is stronger than Freddy but I seem to do quite well at mid rank with Freddy. People underestimate him imo and go for altruism a lot rather than doing gens so hard.
  • Russ76
    Zet395 said:

Freddy needs help.

per the livestream help is coming for him.. no idea when but he was specifically mentioned.
  • Zet395

@Russ76 said:
    Zet395 said:

Freddy needs help.

per the livestream help is coming for him.. no idea when but he was specifically mentioned.

I hope it'll actually be significant enough to make him strong enough to actually do more than he does now. Freddy has been bullied for too long.

• Zet395

Something that probably annoys all the Killers out there, is that they keep balancing killers around the low ranks. If a Killer tends to excel at low ranks, they end up getting nerfed. This was the case with Freddy and now he is just a meme. Sad face.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Zet395 said:

@Tsulan said:

I reached rank 1 with him. He is very add-on dependant, but can be played on high ranks.
  • Zet395
    Tsulan said:
    Zet395 said:

@Tsulan said:

I reached rank 1 with him. He is very add-on dependant, but can be played on high ranks.
    Well, it isn't too hard to rank up when you know what you're doing. If you get a lot of games where the survivors are dumb, it's easy.
  • Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368

Freddy all the way. I got him to P3 not to long ago and that makes him special to me since he is the only killer i bothered to presige all the way.

• Zet395

@Sally55 said:
    Freddy all the way. I got him to P3 not to long ago and that makes him special to me since he is the only killer i bothered to presige all the way.

Congrats on the P3. x3

• Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368

@Zet395 said:

@Sally55 said:

Congrats on the P3. x3

Thnx. ;)