Matchmaking / PS4

Options

I've noticed since the recent update to matchmaking (specifically PS4) the wait times have dramatically risen again. I know there needs to be a better "Quality vs Quantity" balance on this so just documenting my experience at the moment which is pushing players I know away from the game again. Main issue is when we play as a 4 - me and my friend tend to be red rank and our partners are generally about level 16. This has brought every game where the killer is too strong for our partners to play against and also the time spent waiting for a game has tripled.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

@NoOneImportant I find killer queues even longer than survivor ones, I think maybe when they look at matchmaking it needs to be a bit more fluid, changing by platform and current players possibly. (or just get cross play working)

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    Options

@TeambossFloze

You are aware that they changed SWF to match against the highest ranked players right?

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

Did you all restart the game? They did say that if theres a change in queue time to restart it..

• moonlunn
    moonlunn Member Posts: 170
    Options

Same I play on ps4 and am red rank I literally stopped playing the past couple of days cuz it would take 30 minutes to find a game and the killer would either lobby dodge or I would get a killer with 600 ping

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73
    Options

Not enough Red Rank killers it seems, lobbies on PS4 in Red rank are about a 5-10 minute wait now.

• TeambossFloze
    Options

I am fully aware of this Martin, that was the thing behind my initial post. I must not of made myself very clear but being this strict creates a bit of a topsy turvy game if your playing with people who arnt very good at the game. So I think the matchmaking needs to be relaxed a little, not too much, just to add a bit of wriggle room.

• martin27
    Options

Isn't that what KYF is for, if you know it's going to match low rank players against high rank killers why would you put them through it.

• TeambossFloze
    Options

So if me and my friend want to play with our partners we have to play KYF? We shouldn't choose to play the part of the game that offers things like bloodpoints etc? We don't put them through it tbh , me and my mate play alone and they play alone, but its ######### that we cant play together in the base game without having to resort to 1v3 KYF ..so

• martin27
    Options

There's nothing to stop you playing SWF with them, they just have to expect to be facing higher tier killers then they're use to. If a handful of survivors didn't exploit the old way to bully low rank/new killers they wouldn't of had to change it.

• TeambossFloze
    Options

@martin27 Oh I know it was abused, that's why I don't want it back to the original settings, however the current settings are so strict it makes game waiting times ridiculous. #loosensomeofthestringsandletmatchmakingbreath