Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is it possible for a survivor to be "promoted" to a killer?

SureSpear
SureSpear Member Posts: 211

If a survivor displays enough bloodlust or violence to rival or equal a killer, would the entity offer them the chance to be one? What if a survivor somehow managed to overpower and kill a killer (highly unlikely, I know). Would it be possible to get an original killer like this? I'm interested in the possibility

Comments

• SureSpear

Is that a "Nea is awful to play into as a killer" joke?

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

No, its a reference when a Killer perk used to spawn in her bloodweb. So ever since people called her a Killer or The Entity.

• SureSpear
  • Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Lore wise I've only heard that if a survivor loses all hope then one of two things happen. They are either tossed into the void or, if the Entity sees potential, they could be offered the role of Killer.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

It is indeed possible for a survivor to become a killer under certain circumstances.

1. They've lost all hope
    2. They're willing to submit to the entity
    3. They have no care for the lives of their fellow survivors

Nurse gets a passby on 3 because she is the first killer and had to be tortured into the role.

But if those criteria are met the Entity may attempt to give them the role of killer.

If they don't meet the 1st criteria, they are still a survivor. If they dont meet the 2nd, they are tossed to the void. If they don't meet the 3rd they may be tossed or tortured.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

I could imagine seeing corrupt killer versions of Claudette, Jake, and Meg.

Not Dwight though. Dwight will never get promoted.

• End_of_Slayer
    End_of_Slayer Member Posts: 146

After all of the pain the survivors have endured, none of them would willingly submit. They would all be tortured into the entity’s bidding. Trapper, Nurse, Plague, Spirit, Hag, Doctor, all holding some form of torture done to them while in the realm. Trapper has hooks dug into his back, Nurse is forever suffocating, Doctor is in a forever smile, Hag is rotting flesh, Spirit is distorted and cut up like in her previous life, and Plague is still infected,

Survivors would need to be twisted and tortured in order to actually be a killer because they have never actually killed anyone themselves, and still hold onto their humanity unlike the killers. Survivors are still altruistic no matter what we see in game, they realize that they have to help each other in order to escape. Meaning none of our current survivors would become a killer because they still hold onto hope.

Benedict Baker though, he’s given up completely. In his final entry on his journal being “If you find my body, please bury me.” Showing that he’s given up and thinks he’s going to die here. Which isn’t true because death is not an escape, but he thinks it is. And when he realizes that it’s not, the Entity can either throw him into the void because he’s lost all will to continue going forward. Or it can try to convert him because he lost all emotion, meaning he would be like the killers, minus the rage

• ekto
    ekto Member Posts: 103

i think it makes sense, it wouldn't be the first time the entity changed its mind. for example, it was originally going to take the spirit's father, but settled on her instead after seeing her potential. it wouldn't surprise me if some survivor ended up showing that same potential while fighting for their life in the trials.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

something...something...Benedict Baker

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Put a knife in Meg's hand and she's Legion, all she does is run fast and vault stuff.

• bubbascal
    bubbascal Member Posts: 316
    edited October 2019

I thought it was because Nea was seen as ugly when she was introduced?

Samination is also definitely responsible for taking that joke and making it a community-wide meme. Most likely responsible for 'Nea is the Entity' as well.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

Nah, it was a bug in the bloodweb only specific to nea

• Phoenix_Wright
    Phoenix_Wright Member Posts: 23

There are probably a bunch of Nea is a killer comments here which is still funny and probably true.

But for real survivor could possibly turn into killers if they commit murderous acts. Every one of the killers have killed some one before entering the realm. And then the entity twisted their minds to murder for its amusement. So the entity could easily do the same to survivors. Drive one to murder the other and thus make them a killer. Heck Legion is a good example.

Legion was made up of 4 people. It's true they stab a guy, but only one of them truly stabbed him to kill him. Who's to say Frank, the guy who killed someone, was the entity's target killer and his friends were the survivors. And his friends eventually turned into killers. If you watch the Legion trailer, both people look like survivors. However what if in that moment, the survivor who stabs David was one of Franks friends and suddenly snapped in that moment. Turning into a killer.

• slaya
    slaya Member Posts: 30

Put a hidden blade and pig mask on Nea and she’s the pig, all they do is crouch around.

• aderpymuffin
    aderpymuffin Member Posts: 97

They would have to like to kill, not want to so the torture stops.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

They did say that, once a Survivor is completely emptied of hope, they're either discarded by the Entity, or made into a Killer.