Is playing strong killer = no skill?

Options
OmegaXII
OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,186

I saw many threads saying that you have no real skill if you play high tier killers.. so may i ask what is the real skill?

Comments

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Using Legion and Franks mixtape to get 60 second downs no matter what the Survivor decides to do.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

Nurse and spirit doesn't really require much skill.

Kill me with billy or huntress and yeah you have skill

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

Ok if she requires no skill please go into a rank 1 game with her addon/perkless and get a 4k in 5 minutes.

If it's so easy and requires no skill I expect to see something within a few hours.

• arslaN
    Options

She absolutely doesn't on pc. She will now thanks to the changes

• Pirate
    Pirate Member Posts: 427
    Options

mechanicly most difficult killer needs the most mechanical skill to play.

In case of nurse this skill of a few people form out of thousands overshadows so much that they nerfed her.

the rest of the killer is based on survivor mistakes and killers ability to punish them for it and not on your skill.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Hmmm no, it's more complicated than that.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Survivors who claim that are kinda salty, like everyone involved.

Survivors: No mechanical differences except "player skill". Also additional information available thats not accounted in game balance (SWF+ CWF)

Killers: Mechanical differences between killers plus the "player skill" to make the most out of it.

Unlike with Survivors, there are real differences in performance of killers, hence the Tier lists etc. Sadly devs decided to trim the top instead of reducing the difference between high and low tiered killers the better way.

Imagine you had to loosen a screw, would you use the screwdriever or your fingernails? - bad analogy is bad

• ghostface_tryhard69
    Options

Typically, most high tier killers require more finesse to play correctly, so high tier killers who can go up against full SWF squads and 4K are skilled players. Getting 4Ks consistently with lower tier killers (clown, legion, cannibal) at higher ranks is also a sign of unmeasurable skill.

Most players believe that since a killer is able to 4K they must be campers or tunnelers or crutch perkers, making them unskilled players. This is a common misconception among salty survivors that believe that they are amazing at the game and that the game must be broken and bugged if they are so much as downed.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

I doubt there is any real skill to be had. You get better as a player passively the more you play and more you realize  your mistakes and try to learn from them. Nurse/spirit or any other killer that isn't pure M1 is skill based. Some more then others, some are about predictions and some are utterly powerless when facing good survivors where no amount of skill can save you.

But if I were to say then skill is probably the speed you improve since any skill ceiling on gameplay as survivor or killer isn't all that high.

• dfrenchiee
    dfrenchiee Member Posts: 334
    Options

Lol nurse absolutely requires skill. If you have no skill with her you'd be lucky to even hook someone.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

I remember when I first started this game. I used Nurse and couldn't do ######### because I had no understanding of her power and thought she was dumpster tier.

Good to see past me was at least half right now...

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

Every killer requires skill, if you can kill me without tunneling nor camping, no matter who you're playing as, for me you're a great killer.

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    Options

Nurse for sure requires skill.

Spirit is questionable as there is a degree of skill, but there's also the fact she can find you by simply walking into you whilst phased (plus she can still hear you and see what you're interacting with).

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    Options

Nurse requires more skill than spirit but that doesn't mean the latter is a braindead killer. With spirit you need to be good at predictions and mindgames. If you mess up a phase you are stuck with 110% for the duration of the cooldown and this can really hurt your pressure against SWF. On top of that you also need a good headset (which not all players have) to be able to hear survivor moments and make the right predictions.

So OP don't listen to those salty survivor mains. Just keep destroying them.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    edited October 2019
    Options

There's skill in every killer, some more than others but you still have to know what your doing with them to get Kills.

That's like saying a Survivor with strong perks (which is 99% of games) has no skill. You're given the tools, it's up to you to put the skill into making it effective.

• OmegaXII
    Options

I think everyone assume spirit players have a good headset.. my headset is only working on one side lol

• OmegaXII
    Options

oh I forgot to mention, I play without addons.. so any nerfs to basekit of the killer is huge impact for me.. like in this case, nurse

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

If we're going with that logic aren't console players more skilled than pc players

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

Considering she takes skill just to hit someone makes their comment all the more funny... like if you mess up especially with the changes you punish yourself hard.... and like 70% of the noobies maybe even more get discouraged and stop playing her because it can be so difficult to learn...... shes non existent on ps4.... been 2 going on 3 months since I've gone against a nurse

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

If a strategy or gameplay is overly effective / unhealthy, it is up to the devs to shoulder that. As much as people hate certain loops or camping killers, its far too effective for people NOT to want to do it.

Recently Preschool got reworked to involve shorter loops, and The Demogorgon's map shares those features.

In the same vein, Nurse and Doctor are receiving add-on reworks for healthier gameplay as well.

It's not about having or not having skill, its about how readily available the power of killers/maps/perks are.

• Corrupted
    Corrupted Member Posts: 157
    Options

That is the dumbest thing I ever heard. Yeah, don't use top tier killers because that means you suck while my squad happily uses Toolboxes, instaheals, keys, and top tier perks. You use anything viable and you're trash. Smh at most survivor mains IQ.

• OmegaXII
    Options

actually should I play with no addons? because If I play well, people may get the idea of that particular killer is op just because you play without addons

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    Options

Right because walking up a survivor with insta chargers take so much skill. 😒 pff.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

Billy is definitely way easier than Nurse. Nurse takes a lot of hours to get good. You're just a salty survivor.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

It takes skill to play all killers.

Let's just leave it at that.

• arslaN
    Options

Nurse took me 5 matches to get good lol. She is easy to learn on pc

• SinfulHarlot
    SinfulHarlot Member Posts: 154
    Options

@legionmain is the only Killer with an ounce of skill. The rest are riding his coattails.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited October 2019
    Options

i mean... try playing them without any skill and you see how it plays out.

every killer requires skill to be played.

some require more, some less, but judging the amount of skill based on how high the killer is in a tier list is wrong.

nurse, while being the strongest killer, requires a lot of skill to be good with.

some people think that "skilled" players wouldnt touch high tier killers and still 4k, though thats not quite how it works.

what makes a top tier killer top tier is not how little skill you need to play them, but how effectively they can be played by skilled players.

if we have a billy main with 1k hours of pure billy gameplay, he will get 4ks a lot, since his killer is a strong pick.

if we have a Wraith main with 1k hours of pure wraith gameplay, he will still get 4ks a lot, though there will be matches he just doesnt stand a chance in.

that the difference, high tier killers are pretty much always a viable pick and can always perform good, while lower tier killers will not always be able to perform good.

dont listen to those who tell you you "had no skill" because you picked a high tier killer.

in the end, they are the ones who couldnt beat you and therefore want you to pick a killer next game they can defeat.

• Valla
    Valla Member Posts: 25
    Options

You dont need skill to win games with Nurse and Spirit, these are pretty much autowins, especially with addons. So the answer is: Yes, no skill needed.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

Whenever survivors do not like a killer, perks, or add ons, they say you have no skill.

To have skill in their eyes you must hobble yourself with every disadvantage and still win.

I remember the whole doc takes no skill meme when he came out.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,458
    Options

"Generally" all the better killers in the game are also the ones requiring the most skill to play, so no.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    Options

Depends who.

If you main the Spirit idc but if you main Hillbilly...yes you suck.

• Naphemil
    Naphemil Member Posts: 66
    Options

I could look like a god at green ranks with nurse too...

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,786
    Options

I wouldn't say it takes no skill. Every killer takes some level of skill. I would say it just takes a lot less skill than most killers.