New Killer Is Fun, But Also Garbage

2»

Comments

• AsianMammoth
    AsianMammoth Member Posts: 86

@ZeBee said:
    Speaking of which I just got 4k 4 iridescents on him https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1398191409 which you can do on anyone, but I still suck at him

Wow, you got 4K with The Clown? Best Killer ever.
    I once got a 4K with Freddy too, golly he needs a nerf so bad

• Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 764

Just left a match, cuz I'm tired of playing this joke. I don't rage quit. I don't see the point in it, I'll just afk and salvage what I can, but this patch didn't do #########. Sure I got a few hits I wouldn't due to vacuums, but looping, is more powerful than ever. BL got buffed so even more sprint perks. The tiles are still horribly designed. Nothing changed, and the new killer is a chore to play. The bottles don't do anything.

As for the person saying it forces a slow vault, wrong. I just had a match where they fast vaulted through my cloud.

• ZeBee
    ZeBee Member Posts: 47

@Caretaker said:
    Just left a match, cuz I'm tired of playing this joke. I don't rage quit. I don't see the point in it, I'll just afk and salvage what I can, but this patch didn't do #########. Sure I got a few hits I wouldn't due to vacuums, but looping, is more powerful than ever. BL got buffed so even more sprint perks. The tiles are still horribly designed. Nothing changed, and the new killer is a chore to play. The bottles don't do anything.

As for the person saying it forces a slow vault, wrong. I just had a match where they fast vaulted through my cloud.

well clearly your ######### at throwing the bottles

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

When new killers are released, survivors usually complain that he´s OP.
    He would get 4 kills while stomping noobs.
    After some time they get used to the new mechanics and he´s suddenly not OP anymore.
    This time, survivors think he´s balanced and fun to play against.
    That´s a very bad sign. Since survivors had no time to adapt to him yet.
    I can only imagine what happens once survivors got used to him.

• Caretaker

@ZeBee said:

@Caretaker said:

@ZeBee said:

@Caretaker said:

Yes, clearly that's the issue. 300+ hours as Huntress, and nailing bottles all night, but no. That's the problem. Why is it so hard for people to admit he's nothing special? I have it on stream too. The gas hit him, he fast vaulted. I've only see the gas slow someone twice out a window out of the 5-6 hours I played him.

• Caretaker

@Tsulan said:
    After some time they get used to the new mechanics and he´s suddenly not OP anymore.

It really doesn't help that most of us don't have any decent perks to play with him, but even then it's hard to get a build that works for him. The only response I get is, "Lol you just don't know how to play him." There's nothing special to learn here. He can mind game a bit, but that's not really a tech, or good use of his power. You're better of m1ing 90% of the time.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Caretaker said:

@Tsulan said:

It really doesn't help that most of us don't have any decent perks to play with him, but even then it's hard to get a build that works for him. The only response I get is, "Lol you just don't know how to play him." There's nothing special to learn here. He can mind game a bit, but that's not really a tech, or good use of his power. You're better of m1ing 90% of the time.

I like to value a killer based on his naked build. No perks, no add-ons. If the killer is decent or good. He will perform decent or good without perks. For example Nurse and Billy can be played without add-ons or perks and still perform good. Now compare this to other killers which are purely reliant on certain perks + add-ons to be decent.
    There´s a reason Nurse and Billy are viable on all ranks.

• ZeBee

@Caretaker said:

@Tsulan said:

BB> @Caretaker said:

@ZeBee said:

@Caretaker said:

@ZeBee said:

@Caretaker said:

Yes, clearly that's the issue. 300+ hours as Huntress, and nailing bottles all night, but no. That's the problem. Why is it so hard for people to admit he's nothing special? I have it on stream too. The gas hit him, he fast vaulted. I've only see the gas slow someone twice out a window out of the 5-6 hours I played him.

You cannot compare huntress and the new killer with their powers, the trajectory is different and the bottles leave an effect. and like I said none of this is final they can still buff the base time of effects as well.

• Caretaker

@ZeBee said:

@Caretaker said:

@Tsulan said:

BB> @Caretaker said:

@ZeBee said:

@Caretaker said:

@ZeBee said:

@Caretaker said:

You cannot compare huntress and the new killer with their powers, the trajectory is different and the bottles leave an effect. and like I said none of this is final they can still buff the base time of effects as well.

Huntress throws hatchets. Clown throws bottles. It's almost like they're the only two "ranged" killers. Huntress can hinder, exhaust, mangle, one-shot, etc with addons. He hinders for less time baseline. Which is why we also compare him to Doc. I'm hoping none of this is final, which is sorta why I made this thread. Everyone's taking it like I'm an expert and my word is law. Then again it's DBD, and a public forum, I don't expect mu;ch.

• Jubs
    Jubs Member Posts: 5

The gas radius should be huge, seems a bit small.

• Caretaker

@Jubs said:
    The gas radius should be huge, seems a bit small.

It really needs a bit of a buff.

• ZeBee

@Caretaker said:

@ZeBee said:

@Caretaker said:

@Tsulan said:

BB> @Caretaker said:

@ZeBee said:

@Caretaker said:

@ZeBee said:

@Caretaker said:

Huntress throws hatchets. Clown throws bottles. It's almost like they're the only two "ranged" killers. Huntress can hinder, exhaust, mangle, one-shot, etc with addons. He hinders for less time baseline. Which is why we also compare him to Doc. I'm hoping none of this is final, which is sorta why I made this thread. Everyone's taking it like I'm an expert and my word is law. Then again it's DBD, and a public forum, I don't expect mu;ch.

I do have to agree a little with you, I dont want this to be the final version of the killer he can definitely be better, but I dont think hes #########

• Caretaker
    edited May 2018

@ZeBee said:

@Caretaker said:

@ZeBee said:

@Caretaker said:

@Tsulan said:

BB> @Caretaker said:

@ZeBee said:

@Caretaker said:

@ZeBee said:

@Caretaker said:

I do have to agree a little with you, I dont want this to be the final version of the killer he can definitely be better, but I dont think hes #########

He's hovering just about low-tier. I say he's ######### cuz his power is negligible at best. If there's an instance where it's better to just M1 than hit someone with a bottle, that's a problem. He's a chase killer apparently? The fact it slows him to throw, and the reload wastes so much time is a huge detriment. He's fun for sure, but he needs his numbers tweaked, and possibly more added on. Bigger cloud, faster spread would be nice too. I've seen survivors just run through it like it's nothing, probably a bug tbh.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Does anyone find it kind of funny how the clown throws his bottles yet his reload is him swirling one. How does that give more bottles to throw?Unless of course he’s a part time killer clown part time magician XD
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Like all these people think the Clown is just fine. You literally wanted a Clown killer now you have one, even though every Killer is currently a Clown except Nurse and Billy.

He's cool. His power is cool. He has potential.

But. He. Currently. Sucks. There are good players that exist that are quick to learn you know. There's nothing difficult to learn about him. You throw cinderblocks at Survivors that barely blur their vision and hardly slow them down at all. If you time it right, sure, you MAYBE can land a hit on a guy you wouldn't have otherwise.

But so can Doc, more effectively. So can Huntress with a hatchet. So can Nurse with a Blink.

Clown has absolutely nothing special that makes him stand out other than the fact he's a literal clown. His gas needs to do something drastic, something MORE than just blur on slowdown.

He's a weak Killer. Low mid tier at best.

• Caretaker

@weirdkid5 said:
    Like all these people think the Clown is just fine. You literally wanted a Clown killer now you have one, even though every Killer is currently a Clown except Nurse and Billy.

He's cool. His power is cool. He has potential.

But. He. Currently. Sucks. There are good players that exist that are quick to learn you know. There's nothing difficult to learn about him. You throw cinderblocks at Survivors that barely blur their vision and hardly slow them down at all. If you time it right, sure, you MAYBE can land a hit on a guy you wouldn't have otherwise.

But so can Doc, more effectively. So can Huntress with a hatchet. So can Nurse with a Blink.

Clown has absolutely nothing special that makes him stand out other than the fact he's a literal clown. His gas needs to do something drastic, something MORE than just blur on slowdown.

He's a weak Killer. Low mid tier at best.

Thank you. 100% this.

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

Killer's fine as for now.

Mindgames are huge and I'm having tons of fun.

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261

The new killer just proves that the devs design killers on paper without any actual feedback from good players.