Pallet looping

Options

I have a question for the devs and survivor players. I also play survivor but don't use this tactic and got to rank 1.

When is pallet looping getting a nerf or are pallets going to be lessened? Something against pallets would be nice. Brutal Strength won't do since it got nerfed to the ground. Would be nice if the % went back to 30% or 40% like it used to.
Only Nurse, Leatherface, and Billy don't really have issues with pallets but the rest of the killers do. Ok maybe Huntress as well but that's it.

Something has to happen. And infinites are still in the game. Take mothers dwelling and then take the front door, I think. There are 2 windows on opposite sides in a small room. That's called an infinite.

Comments

• KillingInstinct
    KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    Damn, that survivor hurt you well xD.
    OP: "pls nerf anything that makes me struggle as a killer, i want ez matches! Too difficult to get good"

as a matter of fact I am only getting 4k games right now. Rank 5 right now. ez games ez life. So maybe you should stop harassing my posts or I will report you ^^

• SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    OP: "pls nerf anything that makes me struggle as a killer, i want ez matches! Too difficult to get good"
    Edit: btw, they got nerfed already, more than once.

+1 I'm totaly on his side.
    Btw, if you got some much trouble with pallets, just take enduring and run into the pallets. Some survivors are faking the pallet drop, then if you run into it you can easily get a hit. (i'm realy bad at explanation)

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options

@Vietfox said:

as a matter of fact I am only getting 4k games right now. Rank 5 right now. ez games ez life. So maybe you should stop harassing my posts or I will report you ^^

As soon as u stop complaining about stuff which is completely your fault, not the game's one.
  • KillingInstinct
    Options

@SpitfireOrMichina said:

@Vietfox said:

Btw, if you got some much trouble with pallets, just take enduring and run into the pallets. Some survivors are faking the pallet drop, then if you run into it you can easily get a hit. (i'm realy bad at explanation)

Your explanation was good enough ^^ I instantly knew what u meant.> @Vietfox said:

KillingInstinct said:

@Vietfox said:

As soon as u stop complaining about stuff which is completely your fault, not the game's one.

If it's only my fault, why is almost every killer (even Tru3Ta1ent and Hexy) getting angry and/or frustrated because of the skill survivors call pallet looping. And don't forget that after a killer has even caught the guy there's a chance he/she has DS ;)

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options

OP just get better at mind games, the looping is real but you have to be able to psych them out.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Pallets are NOT the problem.
    The problem is the difference between survivor and killer collision boxes. Survivor collision boxes are smaller and therefore they can run in smaller circles than the killer. This makes the default killer speed bonus useless, because both now run at the same speed. Bloodlust was introduced to address this issue, but since it breaks on a hit, short loss of LoS or when breaking a pallet it´s punishing only survivors that don´t loop.

My proposal: Remove Bloodlust (it´s redundant anyway) + make killer and survivor collision boxes the same size = no more looping.

• KillingInstinct
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    KillingInstinct said:

@SpitfireOrMichina said:

@Vietfox said:

Your explanation was good enough ^^ I instantly knew what u meant.> @Vietfox said:

KillingInstinct said:

@Vietfox said:

If it's only my fault, why is almost every killer (even Tru3Ta1ent and Hexy) getting angry and/or frustrated because of the skill survivors call pallet looping. And don't forget that after a killer has even caught the guy there's a chance he/she has DS ;)

So everything that makes you angry should be nerfed? Good reasoning

I have never even once said that xD. What u just said is the logic of survivors so I guess I can't blame you for thinking that. Since whenever u get a small nerf like the exhaustion nerf, you instantly post over 440 bad reviews of the game xD

• Vietfox
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    KillingInstinct said:

@SpitfireOrMichina said:

@Vietfox said:

KillingInstinct said:

@Vietfox said:

I have never even once said that xD. What u just said is the logic of survivors so I guess I can't blame you for thinking that. Since whenever u get a small nerf like the exhaustion nerf, you instantly post over 440 bad reviews of the game xD

"If it's only my fault, why is almost every killer (even Tru3Ta1ent and Hexy) getting ANGRY and/or frustrated because of the skill survivors call pallet looping. "
    Right, you never said it.
    440? I remember just one discussion i created about the patch notes, u can check it on my profile. Plus i haven't reviewed the game on steam, so no, i'm not one of those.
  • KillingInstinct
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    KillingInstinct said:

@Vietfox said:

KillingInstinct said:

@SpitfireOrMichina said:

@Vietfox said: Damn, that survivor hurt you well xD. OP: "pls nerf anything that makes me struggle as a killer, i want ez matches! Too difficult to get good"

KillingInstinct said:

@Vietfox said: Damn, that survivor hurt you well xD. OP: "pls nerf anything that makes me struggle as a killer, i want ez matches! Too difficult to get good" as a matter of fact I am only getting 4k games right now. Rank 5 right now. ez games ez life. So maybe you should stop harassing my posts or I will report you ^^

"If it's only my fault, why is almost every killer (even Tru3Ta1ent and Hexy) getting ANGRY and/or frustrated because of the skill survivors call pallet looping. "
    Right, you never said it.
    440? I remember just one discussion i created about the patch notes, u can check it on my profile. Plus i haven't reviewed the game on steam, so no, i'm not one of those.

the sentence u quoted from me. The word nerf isn't in one of those is it now? Not sure if I'm blind and just can't see it but I never said nerf because killers get angry. I said nerf cause its OP. Killers getting angry is just a bonus survivors want ^^

• KillingInstinct
    Options

@chemical_reject said:
    Speshul_Kitten said:

OP just get better at mind games, the looping is real but you have to be able to psych them out.

He was whining in another thread about not being able to catch a survivor with myers (EW3)x2 and bloodlust. #potatokiller 

be quiet u survivor maining peasant

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Options

@chemical_reject said:
    Speshul_Kitten said:

He was whining in another thread about not being able to catch a survivor with myers (EW3)x2 and bloodlust. #potatokiller 

Lol ya that's right I main survivor and can STILL get a 4 k with myers (EW3)x2 and bloodlust. 
  • KillingInstinct
    Options

@chemical_reject said:
    KillingInstinct said:

@chemical_reject said:

Speshul_Kitten said:

Lol ya that's right I main survivor and can STILL get a 4 k with myers (EW3)x2 and bloodlust. 

not if u get that unlucky map layout and that survivor. He'd face ######### u

• KillingInstinct
    Options

@RailY said:
    KillingInstinct, I hope you are trolling. If you are not trolling, shut down the internet for 10-15 days, and rethink your life.

What do you mean trolling? About wanting to have pallet looping nerfed? If it's about that, then survivors should stop crying about small QoL nerfs or camping and tunneling ;)

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    make killer and survivor collision boxes the same size = no more looping.

+1

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Vietfox said:

Its always funny when survivors suggest to get good.
    I cant see how to get good runing in a circle after a survivor when there is nothing else I can do to catch him, sadly there are no mindgames thanks to horrible map design

• Spaaaaaace_steam_
    Spaaaaaace_steam_ Member Posts: 66
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Pallets are NOT the problem.
    The problem is the difference between survivor and killer collision boxes. Survivor collision boxes are smaller and therefore they can run in smaller circles than the killer. This makes the default killer speed bonus useless, because both now run at the same speed. Bloodlust was introduced to address this issue, but since it breaks on a hit, short loss of LoS or when breaking a pallet it´s punishing only survivors that don´t loop.

My proposal: Remove Bloodlust (it´s redundant anyway) + make killer and survivor collision boxes the same size = no more looping.

thats a gud idea because there are also some places killer can't go through and survivor can , resulting in ez escape

• KillingInstinct
    Options

@Nick said:
    Damn you probably got destroyed by a survivor. I read this as an oldschool "General-Forum-Rage-Post".
    You need to play smart around pallets. Every map has maybe 5 safe pallets, the other pallets you can dance with the survivor a little bit. Map knowledge, know what to chase, what not to chase. (Dont go after people in the cow loop unless you don't have any pressure, dont go to the barn, leave the infinites like coal tower etc.)

One more time:

• Dont be a "pallet slave", dance with the survivors a little bit, only break the safe pallets.
    • Know what to chase, what not to chase. LEAVE THE COW LOOP!!! FOR ######### SAKE! Dont go to the shack unless you can get rid of the godpallet immediately (bamboozle sometimes helps!)
    • Dont try to mindgame the shack, you won't be able to mindgame good survivors in the shack, as long as the pallet is up its 100% safe.
    • Leave decisive till last, you get punished for outplaying him 2 times (hit + down)
    • Hide your red glow, moonwalk, be aware of their line of sight, know when to dive into the moonwalk, keep dancing
    • Always bloodlust the last remaining survivor, break the pallet and he will get to a new pallet
    • 50% of the pallets are a guarenteed hit for the killer, make them panic slide, be dominant in the mindgames, YOURE the killer role, dont be submissive
    • The "pretend to walk away but bash trough the pallets while hiding your red stain" works many many times. Even on high ranks.

Everything you just mentioned is what I'm doing every regular game. He just had a lucky map layout and wasn't fooled even once. I am aware of maps since I've been playing this game since release. I know all maps and know what not to chase. He was just lucky a lot of times. I should have hit him during EW3 plenty of times through windows since I know the timings and ######### but they never connected.

• Playa
    Playa Member Posts: 3
    Options

@KillingInstinct said:

Everything you just mentioned is what I'm doing every regular game. He just had a lucky map layout and wasn't fooled even once. I am aware of maps since I've been playing this game since release. I know all maps and know what not to chase. He was just lucky a lot of times. I should have hit him during EW3 plenty of times through windows since I know the timings and ######### but they never connected.

so, you got bashed in one game? one game out of what? 100? this dude literally had to know each pallet spawn of the map. why did u go after him if u knew he was able to loop you for long time? make bad survivors instantly drop all the safe pallets and then go after the good ones

• Vietfox
    Options

@Nick said:
    Damn you probably got destroyed by a survivor. I read this as an oldschool "General-Forum-Rage-Post".
    You need to play smart around pallets. Every map has maybe 5 safe pallets, the other pallets you can dance with the survivor a little bit. Map knowledge, know what to chase, what not to chase. (Dont go after people in the cow loop unless you don't have any pressure, dont go to the barn, leave the infinites like coal tower etc.)

One more time:

• Dont be a "pallet slave", dance with the survivors a little bit, only break the safe pallets.
    • Know what to chase, what not to chase. LEAVE THE COW LOOP!!! FOR ######### SAKE! Dont go to the shack unless you can get rid of the godpallet immediately (bamboozle sometimes helps!)
    • Dont try to mindgame the shack, you won't be able to mindgame good survivors in the shack, as long as the pallet is up its 100% safe.
    • Leave decisive till last, you get punished for outplaying him 2 times (hit + down)
    • Hide your red glow, moonwalk, be aware of their line of sight, know when to dive into the moonwalk, keep dancing
    • Always bloodlust the last remaining survivor, break the pallet and he will get to a new pallet
    • 50% of the pallets are a guarenteed hit for the killer, make them panic slide, be dominant in the mindgames, YOURE the killer role, dont be submissive
    • The "pretend to walk away but bash trough the pallets while hiding your red stain" works many many times. Even on high ranks.

Right, someone who escaped after a 10 minutes chase was lucky as hell, no skilled at all, right?
    U are clearly one of those killers who expects 4 K in every match, why? If we take a look on your comments you said "i've been getting 4 K in every match lately, ez game ez life". Assuming you are telling us the truth, you still posted 2 discussions about pallet looping because ONE survivor simply destroyed u.
    As i said, some killers around want survivors to get nerfed till a 4 K match is "guaranteed".
  • KillingInstinct
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    KillingInstinct said:

@Nick said:

One more time:

* Dont be a "pallet slave", dance with the survivors a little bit, only break the safe pallets.
    * Know what to chase, what not to chase. LEAVE THE COW LOOP!!! FOR ######### SAKE! Dont go to the shack unless you can get rid of the godpallet immediately (bamboozle sometimes helps!)
    * Dont try to mindgame the shack, you won't be able to mindgame good survivors in the shack, as long as the pallet is up its 100% safe.
    * Leave decisive till last, you get punished for outplaying him 2 times (hit + down)
    * Hide your red glow, moonwalk, be aware of their line of sight, know when to dive into the moonwalk, keep dancing
    * Always bloodlust the last remaining survivor, break the pallet and he will get to a new pallet
    * 50% of the pallets are a guarenteed hit for the killer, make them panic slide, be dominant in the mindgames, YOURE the killer role, dont be submissive
    * The "pretend to walk away but bash trough the pallets while hiding your red stain" works many many times. Even on high ranks.

Right, someone who escaped after a 10 minutes chase was lucky as hell, no skilled at all, right?
    U are clearly one of those killers who expects 4 K in every match, why? If we take a look on your comments you said "i've been getting 4 K in every match lately, ez game ez life". Assuming you are telling us the truth, you still posted 2 discussions about pallet looping because ONE survivor simply destroyed u.
    As i said, some killers around want survivors to get nerfed till a 4 K match is "guaranteed".

U think it's because of that ONE survivor? Dude. Every survivor pallet loops. Yeah, I might kill them, but it still annoys the ######### outta me. Btw. I know I said 10 minutes, but I exaggerated it a bit. It was like 5 minutes or something since the whole match took like 10 minutes. Everyone knows that it's exaggerated except u...

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Options
    I just hate 2 windows close each other wher surv can run from window to window how long they want and windows are not close by entity.Becose surv use the 1 window and before he back to this window time will be ok and entity don't block window.Infinite loop windows are real!
  • ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

Super safe structures are waaaaay more problematic than any pallets imo (Groaning Storehouse, Cowshed, Red Forest etc.).

• Vietfox
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    KillingInstinct said:

@Nick said:

One more time:

* Dont be a "pallet slave", dance with the survivors a little bit, only break the safe pallets.
    * Know what to chase, what not to chase. LEAVE THE COW LOOP!!! FOR ######### SAKE! Dont go to the shack unless you can get rid of the godpallet immediately (bamboozle sometimes helps!)
    * Dont try to mindgame the shack, you won't be able to mindgame good survivors in the shack, as long as the pallet is up its 100% safe.
    * Leave decisive till last, you get punished for outplaying him 2 times (hit + down)
    * Hide your red glow, moonwalk, be aware of their line of sight, know when to dive into the moonwalk, keep dancing
    * Always bloodlust the last remaining survivor, break the pallet and he will get to a new pallet
    * 50% of the pallets are a guarenteed hit for the killer, make them panic slide, be dominant in the mindgames, YOURE the killer role, dont be submissive
    * The "pretend to walk away but bash trough the pallets while hiding your red stain" works many many times. Even on high ranks.

U think it's because of that ONE survivor? Dude. Every survivor pallet loops. Yeah, I might kill them, but it still annoys the [BAD WORD] outta me. Btw. I know I said 10 minutes, but I exaggerated it a bit. It was like 5 minutes or something since the whole match took like 10 minutes. Everyone knows that it's exaggerated except u...

I did say ONE survivor destroyed u, nothing about pallet looping.
    Anyway, what's wrong with pallet looping? Survivors do it to buy time so others can complete the gens. You want them to run straight so you can kill them easily?
    Your suggestions are only focused on getting an easier match as a killer.
    If you are so a good killer (according to you) why do you care about that? Just deal with the fact that you are not entitled to get 4 K in every match.
  • Vietfox
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    KillingInstinct said:

@Nick said:

One more time:

U think it's because of that ONE survivor? Dude. Every survivor pallet loops. Yeah, I might kill them, but it still annoys the [BAD WORD] outta me. Btw. I know I said 10 minutes, but I exaggerated it a bit. It was like 5 minutes or something since the whole match took like 10 minutes. Everyone knows that it's exaggerated except u...

Btw, in your "last survivor" post everyone knows it was your fault to let that survivor escape, except u...
  • KingArthanal
    KingArthanal Member Posts: 91
    Options
    Survivor can’t do any single mistake or they get hooked. While the killer can make as many mistakes as he want and just a few right decisions to win the whole game. Survivors are often up to killers fails otherwise they couldn’t loop you. Mind game good at pallets and you get him within few seconds. Written by rank 1 main killer.
  • lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    Options
    Playa said:

@KillingInstinct said:

so, you got bashed in one game? one game out of what? 100? this dude literally had to know each pallet spawn of the map. why did u go after him if u knew he was able to loop you for long time? make bad survivors instantly drop all the safe pallets and then go after the good ones

^^^ this guy right here gets it 
    make them waste those pallets and leave no safe zones, or you could just play the clown and throw the bottle in the pallet area when the loop starts, I promise you they will quit looping and look for another safe zone in that situation 
  • KillingInstinct
    Options

@lyric said:
    Playa said:

@KillingInstinct said:

^^^ this guy right here gets it 
    make them waste those pallets and leave no safe zones, or you could just play the clown and throw the bottle in the pallet area when the loop starts, I promise you they will quit looping and look for another safe zone in that situation 

Guys! I know how to play killer and already do everything you guys tell me to do xD I always leave the distractor till the end. IT's just that survivors have so much power that almost all 4 survivors become the distractors xD. The game is too short to even deal with one of those survivors. If u do and you get him, there are only 2 gens left to repair. The game is too much in survivors favor...that doesn't sound very asymmetrical to me.

• KillingInstinct
    Options

@KingArthanal said:
    If you’re doing so much right why you complain about pallet looping then?

since even when I'm doing anything right and how everyone says their done, pallet looping is still as annoying and time consuming for killers. EVERY survivor is a distractor in the high ranks. How tf am I supposed to rank up with only 1 kill? Since that's all I'm getting when a whole team consists of distractors

• KingArthanal
    Options

@KingArthanal said:

since even when I'm doing anything right and how everyone says their done, pallet looping is still as annoying and time consuming for killers. EVERY survivor is a distractor in the high ranks. How tf am I supposed to rank up with only 1 kill? Since that's all I'm getting when a whole team consists of distractors

Maybe you fight me 1on1 and I show you that it isn’t that much time consuming.
  • KillingInstinct
    Options

@KingArthanal said:
    KillingInstinct said:

@KingArthanal said:

I mean. If it's a 1 on 1 you can't compare it since no one else is doing gens? Not very smart are u xD

• KingArthanal
    Options

@KingArthanal said:
    KillingInstinct said:

@KingArthanal said:

I mean. If it's a 1 on 1 you can't compare it since no one else is doing gens? Not very smart are u xD

I didn’t said the thing is you have to win the game. Let’s say if you survive longer than 60 sec after i found you, you won this.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@KingArthanal said:
    Survivor can’t do any single mistake or they get hooked. While the killer can make as many mistakes as he want and just a few right decisions to win the whole game. Survivors are often up to killers fails otherwise they couldn’t loop you. Mind game good at pallets and you get him within few seconds. Written by rank 1 main killer.

That's not true in so many ways. Survivors have a ton of safety net perks that give them second, third, fourth, fifth, etc., chances. Killers have one (NOED) that Survivors can disable before it even triggers, and can be countered by simply leaving the trial.
    Furthermore, even if that were actually true, it'd be a good thing, seeing as how the Killer is supposed to be the power role. The power role is supposed to be able to mess up 1v1 and still win, whereas the reverse is not supposed to happen.

• KillingInstinct
    Options

@KingArthanal said:
    KillingInstinct said:

@KingArthanal said:

KillingInstinct said:

@KingArthanal said:

I didn’t said the thing is you have to win the game. Let’s say if you survive longer than 60 sec after i found you, you won this.

Ok. What's your steam name? Mine isn't the same as on here and can't be written with a normal keyboard

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,667
    Options
    Please learn how the game operates. 
  • KingArthanal
    Options
    Raccoon said:
    You better learn to play, get over 100 hours played and you may can write more than this bullshit.
  • Raccoon
    Options

@KingArthanal said:
    Raccoon said:

KingArthanal said:

You better learn to play, get over 100 hours played and you may can write more than this bullshit.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@KillingInstinct said:
    I have a question for the devs and survivor players. I also play survivor but don't use this tactic and got to rank 1.

When is pallet looping getting a nerf or are pallets going to be lessened? Something against pallets would be nice. Brutal Strength won't do since it got nerfed to the ground. Would be nice if the % went back to 30% or 40% like it used to.
    Only Nurse, Leatherface, and Billy don't really have issues with pallets but the rest of the killers do. Ok maybe Huntress as well but that's it.

Something has to happen. And infinites are still in the game. Take mothers dwelling and then take the front door, I think. There are 2 windows on opposite sides in a small room. That's called an infinite.

Pallet looping needs, indeed to get limited to some extent, because it's basically a pure waste of time while not providing any interesting gameplay. More mindgames should be involved in the chases.

Brutal Strength doesn't deserve a buff. Especially since it doesn't fix looping at all since looping happens BEFORE they drop the pallet. Survivors DO need the extra distance/vision breaking time.

Infinites aren't in the game anymore due to bloodlust, however, some juking spots are a "no no" for killers because they basically just waste too much of a killer's time for being worth chasing at, aka Coal Tower window, Rancid abattoir side window, and such. These have been reported to devs and are being looked at, at the moment.

• KillingInstinct
    Options

@Goobz said:
    Wait if you said you're only getting 4k games right now then why are you complaining about looping, it shouldn't be a problem then right??

I am getting lucky map layouts right now I guess and noob survivors while I'm at rank 1. If u strip pallets from survivors you should see how bad they play at rank 1

• KillingInstinct
    Options

@Goobz said:
    I think you should just not complain about something that doesn't effect you honestly.

@KillingInstinct said:

@Goobz said:
    Wait if you said you're only getting 4k games right now then why are you complaining about looping, it shouldn't be a problem then right??

I am getting lucky map layouts right now I guess and noob survivors while I'm at rank 1. If u strip pallets from survivors you should see how bad they play at rank 1

xD just be quiet buddy

• KingArthanal
    Options
    Raccoon said:

@KingArthanal said:
    Raccoon said:

KingArthanal said:

Sorry but you just don’t know how the mechanics work. Git gud.
  • Raccoon
    Options
    Raccoon said:

@KingArthanal said:
    Raccoon said:

KingArthanal said:

Sorry but you just don’t know how the mechanics work. Git gud.