The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Big problem with the Battlepass, and a very easy fix for it.

Gibberish
Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061
edited October 2019 in General Discussions

The main issue with the battle pass is that you cant make it character/side specific.

For example, when playing Survivor I play Claudette exclusively. I dont have the time to grind out every other survivor. So for me and other people who only play a specific Survivor, any cosmetic for a Survivor they dont play is money wasted.

This also extends to sides. If a player primarily plays Survivor and rarely plays Killer, any Killer cosmetics they get will be money wasted.

Same thing in reverse, for Killer focused-players any Survivor cosmetics they get will be wasted money.

A easy way to alleviate some of this issue is for each reward tier to have a choice.

Make it so each Reward tier has 2 possible rewards, one Survivor reward, and one Killer reward, and allow the player to choose between them.

This would get a lot more people to buy your battlepass as it will be a better value for everybody, without actually making the battle pass grant a larger number of cosmetics.

Comments

• Gibberish
    edited October 2019

This isnt cutting the number of cosmetics you get with the pass in half, its just giving more choice.

You will still get the same 30 (I think? Whatever the number is.) you get normally, but now you can choose to get Survivor-only cosmetics, or Killer-only cosmetics.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Exactly my point. So for example I play both 50/50 and get to choose between Claudette Skin or a Myers Skin.

Well damn I like both of them and I play both of them, now I have to choose only 1? Sigh..

This is the problem I'm referring to and what I mean when I say 1/2 the cosmetics.

• Gibberish
    edited October 2019

I agree, but apparently BHVR was dead-set on doing a battlepass, even after a massive amount of people told them no when they asked if the community wanted one.

This is just a suggestion to make the battlepass a little less awful.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,442

I think the idea is that if you take only survivor cosmetics in the first half for example, all the killer cosmetics will be in the second half. You would still have access to everything but you get to pick which item you want to obtain when.

• Gibberish

In that case, heres a idea for to solve that:

If theres a reward tier that you like neither of, you can go back and take an old reward isntead.

For example:

Level 1: Cosmetic you want / Cosmetic you dont want : Take the cosmetic you want.

Level 2: Cosmetic you want / Cosmetic you want : Take the cosmetic you want more.

Level 3: Cosmetic you dont want / Cosmetic you dont want: Take neither, and get the other reward you wanted from Level 2 instead.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

If this was the case I can see your point as this would allow choice while still offering the full package.

I'd rather we didn't have a Battle Pass system (and I voted "No" in the poll) but its here now...

• Madjura

I like how the devs addressed the problem with people spending unhealthy amounts of time in the game to grind out the battlepass to the maximum by generously letting them finish it by using premium currency that you can't buy in denominations you choose.

Wait no, that was the wrong word. The correct word is "dislike heavily".

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,133
    edited October 2019

Well, the Battle Pass only costs $10, and most cosmetic sets each cost $10... plus charms and earning some/all of your Auric Cells back... if there's not even one full cosmetics set you want in the Battle Pass, then there's also the option to wait 6 months until whatever cosmetics you do want are released in the store...

Dunno, the Battle Pass doesn't seem so bad to me. I'm looking forward to having a new reason to play, 'cause I've gotten most of the achievements I can (the achievement for getting 100 24+ metre hits as Huntress is waaay outta my reach, which has me rather bummed), so I need some new goals to work towards. I'm hoping the Rift/Archives will be fun and not annoying.

• Madjura

There are a lot of other games and non-gaming activities available. Why do you prefer to collect cosmetics in a game you don't want to play (I am making this claim based on you not having a reason to play currently) instead of doing something else?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,133

I just need goals; I feel aimless if I don't have goals to work towards. That's true for any game. Right now I'm playing Catherine: Full Body to unlock the achievements. I love Catherine, but I don't know that I'd be as motivated to play it if I didn't have the achievements to work towards.

I don't know that I'll buy the Battle Pass for DbD, to be honest; I'll see how far I get doing it free, first, 'cause if the grind is too much then obviously it wouldn't be worth it to put in the money. I'm not one for gambling.

• mdg2018
    mdg2018 Member Posts: 153

i think the battle pass is unnecessary its just another way for them to over charge for cosmetics regardless that you get your money back in the end. Like really $10 for one full skin???? MK charges less for multiple skins, and pay $10 for a skin for killer that you don't see, yea the survivors see it but that's not fun, it s like getting a cool tattoo on your back yea others will see it but why would you not want to see what your paying for.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

The battle pass isn't a buffet. You complete the challenges and earn the rewards.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

My problem with it is they didn't include nurse's blight skin in the event and is locked to the battle pass

• GoodnightLicks
    GoodnightLicks Member Posts: 4

Then don't buy it. You're actually complaing about getting more content and cosmetics for only $10. These survivor mains always gotta be complaing and bitching about something

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Buying the pass basically refunds if you play enough, you can spend that same 1000 cells on an outfit for whoever you like. Anything you gain from the rift rewards is purely bonus, including charms that are universal.

If they had to make it limited to sides or characters it'd mean making ten times as much content just to fill up the options for everyone, and locking players out of 90% of the content based on what they pick.

It just isn't feasible.