The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Forgive me if this has been asked before...

I have had a few games where we have 4 survs but no killers? Is this happening to others? Is this because of dedicated?

I keep ditching these lobbies because I think they are broke. Is it? Or am I just special?

Comments

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

That's a bug...

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

probaply an invisible wraith trying to depip.

if you are refering to the lobby having 4 survivors but no killer, thats dedicated servers. the lobby is no longer opened by the killer, so there wont always be one present when you join one.

• ThanksgivingTitty
    ThanksgivingTitty Member Posts: 26

Wait, so it is a bug or is it normal lol

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

It's not a bug. It's the dedicated servers. Because the server is no longer hosted on the killer's machine, the killer isn't necessarily the first person to connect to the lobby anymore. If you stay in there for like a minute and no killer turns up, maybe ditch then, but usually if you wait a few seconds the killer will arrive before long.

• ThanksgivingTitty
    ThanksgivingTitty Member Posts: 26

So how does post game chat work now? Does it stay open until people leave or is that still based off killer exit?

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited October 2019

It's definitely not based on killer exit but it's hard to be certain exactly what it is based on. My best guess currently, based on my own experience, is that there's a certain amount of time, like 2mins or so, for postgame chat before the server disconnects automatically.