Bloodweb Rework?

Is it time to rework the Bloodweb?

So many perks have been added over the last 3 years that it can take a very absurd amount of time to get a decent perk set up for newer players.

Comments

• Theoretical_Heart
    Theoretical_Heart Member Posts: 398

I just came back to the game after 6 months away. I'm playing on a new account from the ground up.

I can tell you the grind hasn't changed much from my perspective. I haven't hit 50 yet on a character so if there is some change at 50 I haven't seen that. But getting to 50 is still a chore.

Try a new account and see for yourself.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

they should lower the teachable unlocks to 10 15 20 or 10 20 30

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Lvl 40 + you will see the difference.

Taking the cheapest route I've managed to get Demogorgon P3-50 with under 1.5 mil on all four 1-50s. Previous killers took around 1.7 so it seems a bit cheaper overall if your goal is lvl 50.

From lvl50 onward for all perks you can grab 2 perks for about 50k per web.

• Theoretical_Heart

I feel like if it's a dlc perk and you bought the dlc the perk should already be unlocked.

I fully understand that I may just be entitled. I am a millennial and sometimes I catch myself acting entitled. It's a real character flaw. If I am being whiny I'm sorry.

• Sheldor
    Sheldor Member Posts: 213

A button to random buy until the BW is done would be nice. If I want to I can select single items. If I don't care I could let the RNG do the shopping.

Would make sense for the first 10 Bloodwebs as well if you prestige or a new character comes out since you have to buy the entire BW anyway....

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

I've noticed since the change that the level 50 webs are a little more expensive then they used to be, especially if you are grabbing two purple perks.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Btw 45 levels into Steve and still not even rank 1 Dead Hard show up

• Theoretical_Heart

So apparently I'm not the only one who thinks the grind is still unbearable. At least I'm not crazy.

• Theoretical_Heart

Here is how I'd fix the system.

Instead of having perks in the bloodweb itself how about everytime you complete a blood web you get to pick a perk from the entire library instead of random perks. So you can actually get what you want.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited October 2019

With the 4 new choices we can have now on the Blood-Web (depends on the level) as well as The Rift coming to DBD soon with its new BPs challenges...

I think that'll do...

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

This change removed about 4 million points from getting a Survivor level 1 no prestige to P3 level 50 and all perks.

Before the change it would have took about 14 million points, it now takes around 10 million.

Killer is less because there are fewer perks.

• xxplayerjuanxx
    xxplayerjuanxx Member Posts: 18

Im annoyed by the amount of offerings I have. I wish there was a system where I can sell a offering for a small return in blood points back. It could be 5% of the original cost.

• SinfulHarlot
    SinfulHarlot Member Posts: 154

Why do you need to have everything done so quick? Enjoy the journey and stop rushing for meta perks. @Theoretical_Heart

• Theoretical_Heart

Done so quick? Lol.

I play every killer except nurse and spirit. And it's hard to enjoy the journey with garbage perks like Territorial and such cluttering the web.

• SinfulHarlot

@Theoretical_Heart Kinda hard to feel bad when you're spreading yourself so thin. Different strokes, I guess.

• Theoretical_Heart

You first imply I'm a try hard for "meta perks" simply because I want useable perks that have an actual impact. Now I'm spreading myself to thin by not playing one killer? Which is it? Am I a meta perk try hard for wanting decent perks? or am I "spreading myself to thin" by actually wanting to play the characters I bought?

• SinfulHarlot

@Theoretical_Heart If you weren't trying to get all the impactful perks you wanted and basically playing all the killers at the same time, the task of getting what you wanted wouldn't seem so unreasonable. So to answer your question both.

• Theoretical_Heart

Or you know let us actually pick the perk we want at each level. Seems more reasonable to me than "here is 2-4 garbage perks pick one"

The only possible argument against that would be "NO. I want players to be FORCED to sit through web after web of garbage perks before they can have a decent build."

You are unreasonably invested in forcing players to spend hundreds of hours grinding for perks even you wouldn't use and you know it. When is the last time you ran Beast of Prey or Deja Vu or Lightborn by choice?

• SinfulHarlot
    edited October 2019

Then everyone would get the go to perks. The system as it is kinda forces you to try things you wouldn't want and it gave me some underdog favs. I can see were you're coming with the Killer aspect, since they're more perk reliant, but I like the grind. @Theoretical_Heart

• Theoretical_Heart

So your argument is basically ppl shouldn't be allowed to play with the good perks.

• SinfulHarlot

My argument is that the grind is part of the process. It's manageable as a survivor and tolerable as killer, if you don't try to do it all at once. If you're playing a fighter and try to main 5 people, you're gonna come up short compared to the guy who focuses on one character. The reason you're having a hard time is because you're taking the hard route.@Theoretical_Heart

P.S. Cool Username

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,204
    edited October 2019

You may not have been going through the bloodweb optimally before the change. Before, getting to level 50 took 1.5 million bloodpoints per prestige-- and that's a conservative number. It actually seems to be a little more per bloodweb now because you're trying for 2 perks so you lose out on efficiency, but it's not much.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I'm very optimal with the bloodwebs. I don't care for the addons so I go for the cheapest route letting the Entity eat as much as possible.

• Aikanaro
    Aikanaro Member Posts: 310

I dont like it, after you prestige a survivor it takes more than 50 levels to get the perks you want to use, also you start your first levels with garbage like Small Game, We ´ll Make It, the Adam Francis pebble perk, Streetwize, Autodidact, Alert, Slippery Meat.

• Theoretical_Heart

TY. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks the bloodweb sucks and is too limiting for fresh characters.

• Aikanaro
    Aikanaro Member Posts: 310

Also if you find a perk you like and its in your perk slot it doent guarantee you are going to get level 2 and 3 quick, bloodwebs are a lot bigger now you must grind a lot to get rid of an unwanted level and see if you get something useful the next time.

As a survivor is frustrating, killer not so much because you make more points.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,204

You weren't very optimal if you needed 1.7 million to get to level 50, unless you're talking about how it was before the bloodweb change in 2017. After that, I always hovered closer to 1.4 million than 1.5 to complete a prestige.

That said, I don't want to sidetrack the OP, but I did want to share what my experience was like with the previous bloodweb because mine was very different than yours.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

I didn’t read any other comments and I might be late, but I’ve always wished that the Bloodweb prioritized your current character’s teachables. So if I play as Demogorgon, I don’t have to spend my life grinding for Surge LV3. I’m literally at Level 40 and it’s still yet to appear.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

"It gets good after the first 200 hours" is not a great selling point for anything.