You're doing what should be done, but you're doing it wrong way...

ZVom
ZVom Member Posts: 199

Hello.
Finally, we got survivors nerfed and killers buffed. That's amazing.
Unfortunately, the devs decided to change overall killer statistic - The pickup time.
It's crazily stupid. This change made flashlights pretty much useless.
Change killers, like you changed hag and trapper. THIS is a good way to do it.
Change specific perks, addons, abilities. Don't change overall killers statistics.

Comments

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Yes Flashlight is now IMPOSSIBLE

Video Evidence
    https://clips.twitch.tv/PuzzledWrongMartenHassaanChop

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Disagree completely the pick up animation wasted to much time... survivors need to adapt that's the job of the survivor.. it's the reason you're not allowed to see the killer.. flashlights are not useless with the pickup animation it now gives the killer more confidence of picking up survivors in the open instead of looking at something... practice makes perfect give it rather then crying for change 
  • Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

Picking people up wasted so much time.

Adapt to the new timing or fail to get your flashlight saves, that's up to you.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Flashlight saving isnt impossible. you just have to adapt

• FixCampDotExe
    FixCampDotExe Member Posts: 10

Mathieu got rekt by some korean pro flashlight so they're nerfing them since december

• Kale
    Kale Member Posts: 61

What? Do you just need to flashlight the killer in the 1.6 time animation if I'm not wrong, it's easy lol, just keep close to the killer when the Killer picks up

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

@FixCampDotExe said:
    Mathieu got rekt by some korean pro flashlight so they're nerfing them since december

omg. i saw that trainwreck on youtube. i felt so ******* bad for him....

• Crucifixxed
    Crucifixxed Member Posts: 8

Let's be honest: The flashlight is supposed to be a timed risk, not a guaranteed save. You need to be in the right place, at the right time in order to get the blind off and get them off the shoulder. But part of that isn't being able to run from halfway across the map with sprint burst to get into position.

And before you say you have no way of knowing where someone will go down: Bond and Empathy both exist, and Empathy can be used to scout from across the map as soon as they take the first hit. It's entirely plausible and feasible to be in the right place when the killers go for the pickup. It's legit time survivors learn that there are consequences to actions too, not just always free benefits.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Flashlight saves still work.  They are not "impossible".  I've already done several since the patch.
  • Yucchi
    Yucchi Member Posts: 250
    Flashlight save is only impossible when killer is using Lightborn
  • Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    I tries to play nurse yesterday - maybe the 3rd or 4th time and I am terrible.   Granted, I wasnt in try hard mode and I actually wanted more blink practice more than I wanted kills, but the survs got 5 or 6 flashlight saves.  Two of them when I was facing a wall on pickup and they managed to get it from the side when they werent in my field of vision.  

I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out that the saves are still very possible and even facing a wall isn't a guaranteed counter.  I think it's safe to say that it is just more difficult now and requires better timing.
  • Harket
    Harket Member Posts: 21

Survivors always wanting 100% chances.

• ANJ_
    ANJ_ Member Posts: 27

Killers always wanting 100% chances.