Hag is Toxic by default

CrowFoxy
CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

She is the queen camper.

Been killed by one too many hags, life's tough guys...basement? Never getting out. I've been here 3 days. There's 6 traps, escape is a no go. My DS won't save me, neither will my Insta heal. There's no hope anymore, just run.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

well I mean I love the hags who place everyone of their traps around the hook instead of actually playing hag in a skillful way

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

The basement is supposed to be a dangerous place. A lot of killers excel at the stairs for a reason.

The best you can do is make sure you don't go down near it.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Yeah if you encounter a Hag who wastes more than 2 traps at your hook you can easily outplay her with crouching as fast as possible to a safe area on the map.

Or just have someone run through all the traps and distract her, she's very countered by SWF.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Grab your pitchforks and torches. We are off to nerf the Hag!

That Hag btw is a noob. I would place 20 traps before leaving you.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    edited October 2019

Hag and the basement are made for each other.

That being said, teamwork, flashlights, and urban evasion all counter her.

Problem for survivors is they face her so infrequently they are usually not prepared and must rely on teamwork.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
  • OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I hide by the stairs with Wraith so I uncloak when they run down the stairs, they can either:

1) Get hit and get downed.

2) Rescue, get downed.

3) Rescue, I down the unhooked and he escapes

4) Both die with STBFL.

• Corrupted
    Corrupted Member Posts: 157

It's easy to bully a bad Hag. Stay away from basement and in chase with her she can't catch you for the most part until you activate a trap. When you activate a trap look at the actual Hag, not the trap - if you see her motion down then run towards where the actual Hag is and/or away from the trap.

Object counters her pretty well and since you're seeing Hag often I doubt you're red rank. Hag is rarely seen there, so just adapt and learn how to play against her. Get better with your loops.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited October 2019

You forgot that GhostFace and Myers can pocket Expose you and down you in the basement, and Myers can do this to an even worse degree because his Tier lll works on all Survivors...

So if the team is downstairs and Myers pops Tier lll, most likely 3 of them will get downed and the 4th one will just get downed afterwards outside of the shack.

I'm not promoting camping btw, i'm just saying they can do this. And Myers and GhostFace can even do this without camping the shack anyways, if you go back there and have enough time to catch them going upstairs you can just pop the Tier lll off and down them both...

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

This is why I typically don't like playing Hag much. Her just innate play style is extremely campy. Doesn't feel fun to play or play against.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

Hag is Fab and she deserves a new bag.

Periodt.

But in all honesty, Hag really isn’t toxic if she does that. It just makes you have to coordinate movement (and crouch) and you shouldn’t have to deal with it.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I mean, can't you just crouch when near hooks if you know you're up against the Hag to avoid springing traps?

If you know someone is in the basement, you crouch until you identify where the traps are, then you unhook the person, and assuming they are competent enough to know how not to spring a trap, you should both be able to escape.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

I typically like to reuse hooks that are pre trapped because it usually gets me a pull.

• humanbeing1704

That I understand I mean hags who place all ten around the proximity making it pretty much impossible to leave the area

• humanbeing1704

the only time I understand placing them all in proximity is body blocker hag which is fun as hell

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

I play incredibly strong with Hag and Trapper. Probably a lot better with them then any other killer because of my experience with being a ex survivor main for so long.

I like her traps for mind game purposes once I get you to crouch I have effectively just won because time is on my side now. It's still got some complications to it, but that's usually the turning point for me.

• Boaris030
    Boaris030 Member Posts: 145
    edited October 2019

I kind of get annoyed running into hags who place all their traps at the same hook, and i'm all like "Dayuuuuum girl you can stop us from looping you if you use your traps at pallets and vaults instead of putting them all in one place" I firmly believe there are like two ways to play hag: Aggressive hag, where you place traps in strategic locations like forcing survivors to run into walls, near window vaults and pallets. Then a campy hag, who places traps near hooked survivors, I don't think campy hags are as skilled as an aggressive one, but they somehow still succeed in winning.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

That's great in theory but 9 times out of 10 after an unhook the Hag is running straight back to the hook if the traps are not triggered and you end up setting them off anyway.

Especially in the basement.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,373

But I can't run, if I do it will set off her traps.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I went against a mint rag, make your choice hag recently. It wasn't fun lol

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

That's why you identify the trap locations prior to the unhook so you know how to step around them or crouch past them without wasting too much time.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I will place a max of one trap at the hook. Hag players who place all ten traps at the hook and STILL patroll the area are either new or terrible.

Hag’s whole playstyle revolves around returning to the hook because that is her strong suit. If you’re not playing Hag that way you aren’t playing her to her best. Her playstyle is campy and being a tunneler.

Hag is easily the best basement guard besides Leatherface. Huntress and Plague (with Corrupt Purge) are also great.

Saying all that about Hag though I hope this doesn’t mean players are asking for any nerfs.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

There is not much you can do against that if the Hag is already far enough away. You either save right when she hooks the other survivor and hope you can loop the Hag or wait until she is gone pop her trap and hope she doesn’t immediately teleport (if they are running Mint Rag then they usually won’t teleport until you make the save) and THEN grab the survivor when the phantasm disappears.

Or ya know...hope you brought in a flashlight.