To those of you who main particular survivors/killers, what made them the one for you?

Options
Watery
Watery Member Posts: 1,167

Like, when did it click for you? What makes a character enjoyable to you?

I’m just wondering because I like Jane because of her cosmetics, and I like Nancy since she was my fave from Stranger Things.

Comments

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hag does not run in circles. Dwight is the OG.

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907
    Options

Pig because oink, Detective Tapp cause Stake Out helped with my anxiety in both knowing the killer was near and hitting skillchecks. yes my two mains are from SAW, no, i was not a fan of SAW, not until after playing the game at least :P

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

For survivors it's just a skin pick, once I unlocked every perk for everyone I just pick whoever looks the coolest

For Killers you have to try them, everybody complains about Legion and yet he's one of my favourites, and the power you feel when you're Freddy or Spirit is just amazing.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I've always been a horror fan so when they added Myers into the game (my favorite horror character of all time, with Jack Skeleton a close second) I knew he would become my favorite killer.

As for original killers I fell in love with Doctor because of how many different builds he has. My favorite Doctor build is "Sniper Doc" with "Impossible Skillchecks" as a close second.

My favorite survivor is Feng (use to be Claudette because I liked her cosmetics). The reason I choose Feng as my favorite is due to the amazing matches I had in the past while playing her. She sort of became my "main" survivor simply due to those crazy moments.

As an honorable mention I have to put Ace (specifically with the Leopard shirt) as I have yet to ever lose a match (escape) while wearing it!

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,796
    Options

I main jake because of jakebun also monto

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited October 2019
    Options

When I got the game I played Wraith and I liked the stealth concept, but than I found out Myers was in the game and instantly ditched Wraith for Myers... Because it's Myers why wouldn't you lmao.

Anyways, the stealth concept for Killers in DBD was always fun to me, and the reactions are still enjoyable to this day.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,455
    Options

Kate, the boobs and butt

• hiC
    hiC Member Posts: 217
    Options

Kate has the best fingernail game out of the survivors. Nancy is a cool character in Stranger Things and Natalia Dyer is easy on the eyes.

• ghostface_tryhard69
    Options

legion because whenever I get two or more kills I’m accused of cheating/camping/tunneling when I didn’t. Just like to piss off die hard survivor mains when they lose to the weakest killer.

• gaydavidking
    gaydavidking Member Posts: 158
    Options

I immediately liked David because I think he's handsome and I'm gay for guys who are tough-looking but also care for their friends a lot so he was right up my alley.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Leatherface, I don’t know why he clicked to me but I main him.

Claudette has been my main since forever tbh.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    edited October 2019
    Options

Feng Min looks like my S/O so yep chose her for reasons xD

Spirit I decided on because she visually and mechanically appealed to me.

Huntress is fun in love her.

Pig is amazing to play I still need to get @GrootDude to teach me how to double back with her on console.

Hag because I like chess and I place traps in a way almost all survs will crouch the entire game. Wont matter if I'm a 110 if ur not even 80 percent.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Wraith cause it's satisfying to me to deny a chase completely using some Exposed Perks.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited October 2019
    Options

*edit double post

• GodNap
    GodNap Member Posts: 206
    Options

Doctor cuz i love psychology and i think it represent the crazy part of me. Meg because i don't know. Also i Like legion for the character design

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options

Feng because she's cute and I like Asian girls.

Kate because she's also cute and I love her country style and cosmetics.

Jane because I like her uniqueness in her body type. Makes her different plus not many people use her so I like to give her some love. Plus she's also cute lol

Yes I have 3 mains don't at me lmao

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

Myers because he is imo the best when it comes to jumpscares and he's fun to play overall.

Ace because... I couldn't resist that smile.

• MerGirl2003
    MerGirl2003 Member Posts: 110
    Options

My main survivor is Claudette, because she's quite anti-social according to her lore and it reminded me of myself.

As for killer, atm I'd say ghostface, I love Scream and his play style is really fun to me, plus it's always fun to tbag back to cocky survivors!

• Exciter
    Exciter Member Posts: 38
    Options

Ace,

For that smile,

That damned smile.

• Shura37
    Shura37 Member Posts: 59
    Options

I used to main the Pig because she is such a fun killer to play. I got a lit of RBT's to snap back in my day. I then moved onto the Clown bc his chase potential was crazy but quickly realized map pressure is key. I now play Ghostface because I love his outfit and his ability is super cool. It's kinda reminiscent of the Pig with the crouch and absence of a terror radius.

I used to play Claudette because I like to play support characters, but after Adam Francis came out, I started playing him. It was initially because Deliverance but I don't even use it anymore. His coats have very dark colors and cover most of his body so it's easier to blend in. They nerfed the all black coat so I switched colors but damn, you literally can't be seen on The Game.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

Feng Min - she has the smallest player model and has a variety of "stealth suits" and her voice is cute and at the same time super scandalous when she is breaking totems, so how can I possibly choose anyone else.

Myers - Myers is the most fun killer for me. I like to stealth as a killer and Myers is the best at it. He also has so many different play styles you can choose from with his power and add-ons. Very versatile killer that you can play in a variety of ways, with snowball potential.

• palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118
    Options

Ace because he always smiles

For killer I still haven't decided yet. My favorites are legion and doctor. Legion because it's just fun stabbing a bunch of people, just wish they maybe brought back speed addons or buffed how long you can be in feral frenzy, sometimes survivors are in the 4 corners of the map and you can only hit 1. Doctor because again, its just fun shocking people. I'll even start joining in on doc laughing. Too bad people dc against them still, I don't even know why they dc against legion.

I also just got freddy and still experimenting, and he's pretty fun when survivors aren't just hiding the whole match. Make your choice and pop pair really will with his teleport to make him a beast, and blood warden and remember me help him a lot in endgame because he loses half his power.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I orginally mained Claudette. Partly because I want Selfcare. But alot of it was because I really liked her back story.

I moved to Feng as I grew a bit more confident. I also liked her perks.

Next was Dwight. Because I liked his perks and back story.

Most recently it's been Nancy. Basically because I love her perks.

Killer wise I was orginally a Wraith main. I was never very good with him though. I tried several others before kind of settling on Pig. There's just something about her that works for me.

• Theoretical_Heart
    Theoretical_Heart Member Posts: 398
    Options

Survivor is CLAUDETTE because she's cute, has good cosmetics, receives frequent cosmetics, and she can be Blendette the ninja or Rainbowbrite the troll depending on your clothes. Plus she's one of the original 4. However I do play Ash and Steve to because I love Evil Dead and Stranger Things.

Killer: It was Trapper because he's the closest to Jason we have in DBD. And Jason is my favorite slasher. But Ghostface is my second favorite slasher so now that he is in the game I main Ghostface.

• TomTheSequel
    TomTheSequel Member Posts: 58
    Options

As survivor I main Meg because the first time I played the game when it first came out I didn't know how to change characters. When I got her legacy skin, I never switched characters.

As killer I play The Pig because I love the Saw movies and how she squeaks when eating a pallet.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I always make/play stealth assassin type characters in games, so Ghostface is a natural fit for me.

Nightmare On Elm Street is my favorite horror series, so that explains Freddy.

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    Options

I love Ace and his personality, and his cosmetics. and he's also quiet, so it was like a match made in heaven.

When I play killer, the parts I hate the most are looking for survivors, and how fast gens go. So, I decided to killer main Doctor. Tier 3 Madness just stops everyone from doing things for like 14 seconds (I always use the exhaustion add-on that adds more time), but most importantly, I don't even need to look. That, and the hard yet very satisfying ability to stop survivors from dropping pallets and vaulting is very good.

Not saying he's one of the best killers, but I feel like he is the (second) most underrated (first goes to Bubba. also not the strongest, but way more underrated than he should be).

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413
    Options

Ace because I'm particularly lucky. And Trapper because I'm a masochist.

• Fictionalname
    Fictionalname Member Posts: 121
    Options

Nurse.

Because the skill required to play her and the skill required to counter her.

Sad that Dbd playerbase never wanted to learn stuff but just have ez escapes.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited October 2019
    Options

As a survivor I main Jake because I like his backstory/personality and his perks. I have Nea as a second main because I like her appearance and cosmetics.

For killers I don't main anyone in particular, but Wraith has a special place for me. He's the first killer I played because I'm a stealth enthusiast and I really love his design.

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530
    Options

Claudette i lover her cosmetics and her lore for killer i was a main Trapper but i swapped to Wraith and i felt literally in love with him

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

I main Jane because she isn’t a skinny little high schooler and she has excellent fashion (Very fun to mix and match) that gets just enough love where we get more outfits that are CUTE (lol feels bad for Meg mains) and spaced out enough they’re not a drain on the wallet (Nea, Claudette.)

I’m gonna give Plague a shoutout for her excellent design but I wish she got buffed :(

• CrimsonDragonAgni
    Options

Ghostface tbh because I honestly just goof around with his smug little masked face peeking around corners.

For serious murdering I use the pig because of the reverse bear traps

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

As a survivor, I main Dwight because I love his team based perks. A good Dwight can tip the scales very heavily into survivors hands.

As killer I run Ghostface and Legion. Ghostface because Scream is one of my favorite horror films of all time and his ability is incredibly fun to use.

And Legion because once you get a feel for their limitations, you can have some insane map pressure.

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712
    Options

My killer main is Michael Myers simply because I have always been a huge fan of the character and films...it's the whole reason why I got the game. My survivor main is Ace because I like his tuxedo and panama hat. I just think he's a pretty cool guy with some class and style :)

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    Options

Claudette. She just looks so innocent and cute and her cosmetics are the most modern and actually look good (Besides Meg's).

Hag because of her lore and the fun builds she can do. Her cosmetics are also pretty nice.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

As killer Bubba, because I'm a little bit of a petrolhead and thus like anything related to engines including chainsaws. Also I specifically like Bubba because once mastered he allows for some satisfying chainsaw plays whereas Billy just feels... cheesy to me (easy mode).

As survivor Claudette, because she's just super adorable and has some nice cosmestics.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

It was originally Hag because I love trap killers and Hag was the single best at it when I started. She was also cool being more monster-plant-creature than just human, and I loved teleporting with the traps. Freddy is a close 3rd now because of his trap rework.

I moved onto Nurse because not only was she effective she was incredibly fun. Blinking to move and learning how to read an area in an instant after blinking became addicting and very fun to master. If I was failing in a game it was almost entirely my fault usually. I was in control of how well I was doing and that was something that other killers don't have for me. I can only do that with Hag in lower elo's despite knowing her very well. She just doesn't have the tools to counter SWF like Nurse does. Plus blinking out of the basement and onto someone from BBQ is the best.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

What made me Main Laurie Strode and Myers..

Halloween 1978.

• Objectively_speaking
    Options

(DMC) Legion, he looks like the punisher

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

I don't main survivors because they are all the same, but most of my perks are on Meg, so shes the one I play the most.

For killer it was Freddy. Nightmare on Elm Street has always been my fav movie, so even when it was bad old Freddy I still mained him.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options

I started as killer.

• My first was Spirit because i like how she looked
    • Billy is just fun to play and zooming around is neat
    • Freddy's dream world looks cool

I main Feng because as a killer her screams were the most pleasing to listen to and i grew to like her. I rarely play survivor so i dont really change, Feng is good enough.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    Options

Myers. I bought the game due to Myers. I saw the original Halloween in theaters with my parents when I was around 5 years old, and it started my life-long fandom of the Slasher genre.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

At first I didn’t “main” any killer and just bounced around between them. But then Hag became my number 1 for a really stupid reason. She was my first killer to get tier-3 BBQ, so I used her as my main source of bloodpoints! Then I got to be pretty good with her. Now she’s my main!

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919
    Options

Ive always been drawn towards David’s personality and backstory. I like how they mention that at first glance David just seems like an #########, but when someone gets to know him he gets super protective of them and will go out of his way to help his friends.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

I don't main any killer as they all have things I like and play whoever I feel like at the time.

Survivor well I mained Claudette for a good and then Meg, Jake, Dwight onto Feng, Kate and then Ash

I'm a bit of an altaholic 😛.

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982
    Options

I main the Doctor. I tend to be very methodical, meticulous and cautious, and slowly building up madness to find and debilitate survivors while keeping a close watch on my territory and slowly exhausting all of the pallets... he fits my playstyle perfectly.

• InfinyMage
    InfinyMage Member Posts: 236
    Options

The doctor was my go to when i first started playing DBD. Back then i struggled with finding survivors period. So his static field was all i ever wanted. He was the closest thing to having training wheels for me. And his shock therapy was also and still is the most enjoable thing about him for me. Getting to hear that cynical laugh when he shocks a survivor is probably why I still love him so much.

But these days i enjoy playing as the Plague and would consider her my new main. I enjoyed the idea of a ranged power but sucked donkeys when it came to playing Huntress. So her Vile Purge and Corrupt Purge being a stream projectile is great. She offers some area denial and some interesting mechanics which foreshadowed the Doctor. I'll always love The doctor and his laugh, but The Plague is more fun to play for me these days.