The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Balance Your game

Vetrathene
Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

The solo role, the killer, is supposed to be the power role, but time and again this is proven wrong in this game, and you devs refuse to do anything about it. The only reason people play your game is its the best option, despite its many game play flaws. And I mean MASSSIVE amounts of flaws, especially in map design. But the aesthetic is good and you continue to provide content. But the actual gameplay is really #########, especially for killer. I want to continue to play your game, but you make that really difficult by making most killers too weak to keep up with experinced survivors. I wish you would stop catering to only the majority, as especially in this case, the minority is necessary for this game to actually function. So please please please, buff so many of the killers so they are an actual threat, make survivors actually sweat like killers do (You always here sweaty killer thrown around derisvely, its weird you never hear it even come close to mentioned for survivors who try hard and play well.), so that this game is actually balanced.

Comments

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited May 2019

theres some killers that are weak like the plague clown and etc but theres some killers that are very good against survivor now its youre play style if you play a killer that you are really good at it you can get 4k ez now killers its ez on gameplays but some killers power are weak now its going in a right track and you need to think that this game cannot be balanced but also they cant buff too much killer or survivor if they do they can destroy the game if they do a wrong move

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Yes the game is unbalanced, but do you know how hard it is to balance a game of this type?

Its really difficult to balance it out

Balance is far from fine @Mochan, any killer can take down experienced survivors, even if they are terribly inexperienced, but clearly you don't understand as well, Freddy, experienced or not, struggles to hell to take down experienced survivors, even though he is experienced, believe me, I play mindgame Freddy extremely well and the rank 4's make me want to burn just like he did

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Mochan This is also false, the game can sometimes actually fail, from hitboxes to the high amount of second chance perks on survivor

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

WOAH don't hate on my bois freddy and trapper bot of them can do damn well with someone who knows how to play them I have seen it.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

I play Nurse at high ranks and I'm not allowed to say all killers are balanced.

Lower tier killers need some Love.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

Its a message board. What else do you do one a message board?

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

to be fair it was probably a poor idea to nerf healing and then release two killers whose powers predicated on survivors being healthy (although in plague's case it's less about healing and more about interacting with fountains), on top of the fact that many legion players run sloppy butcher for some reason, further discouraging people from wasting time healing

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

I literally said I want balanced and survivors to sweat, I said nothing about need a free 4k. I just want things to be as close to even as we can be. And I feel like many killers need buffs to get there right now, especially with how bad map design is; as over 90% of the maps favor survivors.

• Sabin801
    Sabin801 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019

I'd like to chime in here. I'm still quite new to the game, even though I've owned the game on console for awhile now. I use to love this game and killers (that are not good) have ruined this game for the survivors. Being a survivor was all about stealth. But with all the killer buffs to detect survivors has caused our play style to adapt. More commonly know as GEN rushing! So here comes ruin for the killers. It is quite sad that if a good killer sees you your dead no way out it, but a bad killer will get juked, and looped. Here comes the complaining instead of learning what a short route is, and knowing how to get a survivor to go to one. So now there is less pallets in the game.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • CatHound22
    CatHound22 Member Posts: 15

It's painfully obvious that Spirit and Nurse are the best 2 killers in the game, and every other killer is lack luster at red ranks. You're naive. Or a survivor main.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Almost everywhere I see you, you are putting down Killers. Why?

• UlvenDagoth

I see that they are banned but I just wanna add this cause they mentioned the Legion rework

*Cries in Legion main*

• UlvenDagoth

I agree! Let's have FUN with the GAME! People get so bent outta shape!

• UlvenDagoth

Yeah.... as a Legion main this hit really close to home. Some maps are impossible to catch up with, EVEN WITH FF!

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

the balance is not fine

right now the balance is in heavy favor of survivors, with how quick gens get done, un mindgame able pallets, and other KEY things like TERRIBLE map design for most of the maps. making it hard to NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to establish enough map pressure to slow down the gens enough to have a chance

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Unless you spent hundreds of hours mastering every single killer in the game, you won't stand a chance against optimal survivors in red ranks as someone like Legion, Wraith, or Bubba.

OP is kinda rambling, but his point does stand that the game is very unbalanced when it comes too killer strength. Weak killers need buffs, but they can still also be good for new players too learn. I don't know why someone like Wraith can't be both.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    edited October 2019

Nah they won't do that at least in any reasonable form.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614
    edited October 2019

The balance could be fine if it wasn't so easy to rank up and down (survivors deranking to win more games). I'm not a great killer, I don't play top tier ones or get 4ks. Yet, I'm still ranking up and going against rank 4 and 5 (I'm 10) and clearly better survivors. The higher I go, the less fun it is as killer. Not because I'm losing, but because survivors have all the tools.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Survivors can make mistakes over, and over again. It is not nearly as stressful as Killer unless you're facing a Nurse, spirit, or billy usually. Sometimes op add ons too.

Killers make 1 mistake, and that can cost them the whole game. This is not the case for survivors. That is not fair.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

You should use Legion or Bubba for that argument, because Trapper and Freddy are both decent killers.

• Raven014

This is the main point. This right here. This game is certainly survivor balanced, not because they were weak to begin with, but because it's always been that way. And survivor mains think that's fine...

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

It is so clear that the issue isn't killers being weak, but rather many maps are just horrible. Apart from some of the lowest tier killers getting some QOL changes, currently any killer can go up against the best survivors and do well if the killer is also the best and the map is good. Unfortunately there are too many killers who think "every killer should be at nurse's level!" Nonsense. You want your power role? Go play Friday the 13th.

When I get Haddonfield as Huntress I don't think "damn, killers are so weak!" I think "this map is terrible." I can beat the best survivors on a good map, and I'm lucky to get 1 kill against those same survivors on Haddonfield.

All you people asking for killer buffs...get your priorities straight. A huge map rework would be the biggest killer buff you could get. On smaller maps as any killer you can break chases and apply pressure and control the game. On bigger maps if you break chases you basically lose if the survivors know what they are doing.

• Raven014

Theoretically, you are correct. Fundamentally, however, the mechanics are heavily in survivor favor. You can't deny that.

Then survivors complain on forums about nurse and spirit... then nerf Nurse... when other killers need buffs first. Make all killers viable, then start nerfing if it's over the top.

Red ranks are just going to be spirits and billies at this rate, and I don't think red rank survivors will like that very much. Or, there won't be any killers, and you'll wonder, "What happened to all the killers at high ranks?", not realizing you were what killed off the killers there.

• Raven014

Not everyone is happy with the state of the game. Not everyone thinks like the straw-man argument you've constructed. Stating that anyone who has a gripe with certain things (like core design) is just complaining is unproductive. Now, he didn't mention any ways to help with that, but gave lots of opinion, some good, some not so, but I don't think this poster has any mal-intent with this thread.

Not like the survivors who wanted Nurse nerfed and actually got her nerfed.