Spirit is impossible to loop

Her phase walk can't be heard over short distances and this makes her practically impossible to loop since you don't see her.

This is too annoying. I always ask people if they can hear and they say yes, but in my game I can only hear her if she is far away. When she's near it's almost impossible to hear her

Comments

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

You can't loop her like a usual killer, but I agree I find being chased by her a coin flip of luck instead of actual skill if i escape or not. I feel it's because of her addons, things like Activation time and Prayer Beads are just not fun too fight, and should be reworked too make her strong, but also fun too fight against.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

You can't hear her phasing while you are in her terror radius. Unless she has Prayer Beads, then you can't hear at all. And yes, Spirit isn't loopable, but imagine if she was with her 110% speed.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Don't loop her she was designed to have the strongest chase potential outside of blinking through objects. If you do your just waiting to die.

Smart people are rare in this community I give u my props for learning how to deal with her.

• PiedPiper365
    PiedPiper365 Member Posts: 231

Watch her be nerfed cuz of survs complaining, she isn't like ur typically killer neither was the nurse but they nerfed her cuz bad survs complained

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I really wanted to be snarky and just go "Oh no... I can't run in a circle... guy pls help."

But I'm not like that! Mostly you just have to try and trick her, mindgame her back. I've seen plenty of people on Youtube do such things so I'd suggest looking there and learning what they do.

Nurse and Spirit are the only two that you can't really Loop, so it makes sense to me that people complain about them cause they make them have to think. Honestly, we need to buff lower tier Killers up, then worry about trimming the top.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

she is a killer from the "hunter" category, so naturally her chase abilities are a lot better than other killers.

if you are looking for counterplay for spirit, try out stealth.

her power has no aspect to it that allows for any sort of tracking, therefore its her natural counterplay.

if you wanna stand a chance against her in a chase, which by design you arent really supposed to, outsmart her. mindgames are what you need to defeat her during chases.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@DrVeloxcity 3 minutes?? Lmao That must have been a really bad Spirit then.

Even on normal killers that sounds impossible. Looping her is a constant guessing game.

It's not fun to do that over and over. So if she wants to keep her base power 2 things need to go... Prayer Beads and Collision. Because it doesn't take that much skill to know you are bumping against an invisible object and swing.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

That's fine. Not every killer should be loopable. It's not why I think she's unfair, at least.

• Lucama
    Lucama Member Posts: 461

Looping a M1 killer for 3 min is doable on some maps.

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Unless she has prayer beads you can definitely hear her, as soon as you hear it walk away from the gen until you’re sure you’re safe.

During chases use your scratch marks to your advantage by baiting windows and pallets. When she’s chasing someone else make lots of noise because it’ll screw over the spirit player.

Theres lots you can do.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

Nah. She's going to keep her base power, her addons, and her collision. What survivors can do is git gud.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@Tucking_Friggered Another un-needed "git gud" post.

Thanks for contributing the discussion, there is so much substance in your one sentence I can hardly contain myself.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I agree. Let's have a civil discussion and not just yell "Git Gud" or "NEEERRRFFF" at each other.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

You’re not playing against her correctly if you’re trying to loop her.

• DeadByMemelight
    DeadByMemelight Member Posts: 51

Much like playing vs Nurse, you just have to hope the Spirit misplays on most tiles, or has a subpar audio setup. Throw on addons and Stridor and it's GG if survivors aren't super optimal.

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

she is loopable, just not M1 killer loopable

she is a M2 killer so you got to use M2 looping strategies

stop trying to use M1 killer strategies vs a spirit THEY WONT WORK, you will get frustrated then call for nerfs ON A BALANCED KILLER because you refuse to learn

• nightfall
    nightfall Member Posts: 31

Never had a big problem with spirit, although I do run iron will and dead hard 100% of the time. I also had a lot of success with urban, but I almost never run that anymore.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited October 2019

It is contributing. It's telling mediocre players what they need to hear and do instead of whinging on a forum, in a to-do list cadence, over each and every killer that isn't loopable, low tier, fodder.

The thing is you lot will never accept the answer no so a conversation is pointless. You have an agenda and you work towards it everyday instead of putting that energy into getting better.

Let's say I do this for survivor perks. Let's have endless conversations where I make up nuanced complaints about any that are remotely effective and demand you defend them endlessly. Are you going to be here having the conversation day after day knowing I have no interest in conversation and only care about pursuing an agenda that wants survivors nerfed into ineffectiveness by any means possible? No you will not. At some point you will tell me I'm not as good as I think I am and that the perk isn't the issue but my personal skill is.

Nurse changes are not even set in stone on live and you lot are already in full force starting the propaganda over Spirit.

• Lucama

Kinda? Like, they could be mechanically very skilled and you could loop them for a long time, the "bad" would come from their decision making of chasing a very strong survivor.

Anyway, as people have pointed out, Spirit isn't loopable like a M1 killer. Kind of the point of Spirit is you're not meant to loop her. She's meant to get you down once she finds you. Your best bet is to play avoidance when she's phasing, tricky movement, faking pallet drops, etc. These cries to nerf Spirit now that people know Nurse is on the chopping block are annoying.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

She's designed to end loops quicker, don't loop her

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

She's designed as an anti looper. She is strong but there is a way to buy your self time.

• Passive phasing makes her hard to read reliably especially around corners
    • Her window vault is meant to force you off a loop, because you can't tell if she's really vaulting or faking it.
    • Her ability to phase walk and/or fake it is meant punish you for looping her.
    • Her slower base movement speed is to encourage you to give you more time to leave a loop and find a different tile.

The best thing to do is to learn how she chases you, often times baby spirits will always do the same thing or always try to fake everything. Assuming that she's always faking things and breaking LOS to move to another tile or loop will help you extend the chase a bit longer.

When you go into the higher ranks, it might be a good idea to run perks like Iron Will or/and Poised. This counters her strongly as well as killers like Nurse who need sound and scratch marks to keep tabs on you during a chase.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Telling people to git gud isn't contributing. Laying out an actual argument as to why you think Spirit is fine would be. Sharing techniques you use to combat Spirit is contributing. Mindlessly telling people to get better adds nothing to a conversation.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited October 2019

I don't owe you that information. This is a forum where people leave opinions. In my opinion the problem is the complaints come from bad players who blame the game and not themselves. Every person that recreates the same thread does not deserve endless well worded responses designed to help them. Learn to help oneself.

The perks to use have been mentioned over and over, the things to avoid against a Spirit have been mentioned over and over. But bad players come with an agenda and will hear none of it. They want the killer nerfed so they don't have to think. Thinking requires effort.

Git gud.

• thrawn3054

Which brings us back to you contributing nothing. Also considering I haven't complained about, nor do I give a rat's ass about Spirit. You telling me to git gud makes no sense.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited October 2019

I don't have to contribute anything beyond what I choose to. This isn't your forum and you aren't the authority on what is or isn't acceptable contribution.

She is anti loop by design. Don't loop. Use stealth. She uses sound extensively so use perks to help counter that, Iron Will as an example. She tracks with scratch marks often so using Lightweight can be useful.

If you find that unacceptable then you deal with losing. If you demand she be made weak so that you can have your 1 dimensional strategy of pallet looping, then you get told to git gud. Simple.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

You don't loop spirit, you gain distance while shes on cooldown. Staying at a loop is asking to be hit.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Just like a few others, shes not a killer you loop.

I find it most difficult to end chases when survivors just keep running to loops and use windows and pallets once shes close

• thrawn3054

You're right. I'm not in authority on what constitutes contribution. Though I'm fairly certain git gud doesn't qualify.

• Tucking_Friggered

Then you'd be wrong. Watch some dev streams, you can find times where Mathieu Cote has told people to git gud.

• thrawn3054

Coming from a guy who is pretty clueless about how to play his own game.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited October 2019

And this is why people like myself don't bother responding with anything more than git gud. When people like you are wrong you don't admit it. You just continue parroting your narrative.

So, git gud.

• thrawn3054

How am I wrong? You added nothing to the discussion with telling somebody to git gud. It's absolutely useless. It's like telling a killer who is struggling to do well with an aspect of the game to get better at it. Like why didn't they think of that already? If somebody is struggling in an area it's obvious they need to get better at it. Telling them to get better is annoying and does nothing. Offering advice on how to get better does. If you don't feel like offering advice to people who are struggling with something that's your right. But don't pretend telling them to git gud was useful. Because it damn sure wasn't.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

Well that's the objective boy, what kind of survivor are you?!? If you want to outlast a Spirit observe her behaviour, you can't loop a Nurse, that's the same principle as Spirit

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301

Not even. The Spirit just outmind gamed herself with me. She slaughtered my teammates though.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited October 2019

You said git gud doesn't qualify as contributing. I told you the devs use it periodically. You said you doubted it were true. I told you it's on stream. Instead of saying you were wrong in what counts as contribution you then disregarded it and stated Mathieu isn't credible because he isn't good at the game.

Given enough time you'll be back to parroting the narrative because you aren't here for debate or to learn, you're here to convince the devs that Spirit is OP as anything less means you are the problem and would require effort on your part. It's easier to have the devs nerf a character so you can use one simple method (looping) to win instead of having to learn to play better.

• thrawn3054

I didn't say I doubted the devs said it. I said telling someone to git gud wasn't a contribution. It's dismissing someone. It doesn't matter if the person saying it is the best DbD player in the world. It adds nothing.

Again. I don't give a rat's ass if they nerf Spirit or not. I have never said Spirit is OP. My only issue with Spirit is her twitching messes with my eyes. No matter how you try to spin it. Git gud is not adding to a conversation.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited October 2019

No matter how many times you say differently, git gud is contributing to the conversation. It's ridicule which is very effective as a means of protest and diminishing the effect of propaganda and/or rhetoric. The more that do it in response the more effective it becomes.

As proof of its effectiveness look how much energy you are putting into disputing something you assert adds nothing. If it added nothing it wouldn't be worth addressing as people would naturally disregard it.

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301

I just looped another Spirit today for 3 chases before finally being downed. I didnt use any anti Spirit perks.

Shes really not all that difficult to loop.

• Lucama

Implying Iron Will isn't an incredibly powerful perk in general.

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115

"I went against a bad Spirit" does not mean she is easy to loop. Not a dig at you whatsoever. In fact, the Survivors skill is barely relevant against a good Spirit.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited October 2019

Yeah, and going against the best Spirits who know how to play doesn't mean we dumb down the Spirit to the point looping is the safe choice against any player that doesn't make a living streaming.

I'm sorry but your asserting running tiles is all this game should ever be, that stealth means nothing, even though it isn't a 100% failsafe is beyond tedious. We might as well just get rid of all killer powers and make every killer a m1 clone because running tiles is all there should be.

That is at the core your narrative. Any power that takes away a loop or bypasses a survivor safeguard is OP and needs to be changed, leaving us with a dull game of run the tile as optimal until the timer runs out and you go down.

Boring as hell.

Killer powers break the linearity.

You might want to play the game like an Esport tournament, most of do not.

I can think of a dozen games easily I'd rather waste time in than playing a glorified game of hide n seek and tag where every tile and chase can be calculated down to the second if no one makes a mistake. The "mindgames" if you can even call walking backwards to disguise a red aura that, are as exciting as watching paint dry. A killer that is a threat though, where you can not plan how to win and have to play it by ear and hope for the best, is much more exciting.

Post edited by Tucking_Friggered on