Spirit is impossible to loop

2»

Comments

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited October 2019

It's not personal. I watch your videos. I listen to what you say. I'm a fan actually. Breader! But I also recognize how above others in skill and out of touch with those same players you are because of it. So much in fact you feel sorry for your competition.

That said how about you show us how you own Depip squad with Spirit? A fully functional VOIP using efficient group. Not some randoms.

Demonstrating you have dedicated a good portion of your video game time to mastering every tile and beating those who do not sink the time into the game won't demonstrate Spirit is OP only that you are. And that's to be expected.

If one spends 10000 hours on Dark Souls to where every single challenge in game is a breeze that doesn't mean that the challenges need to be made impossible for those who do not.

Maybe, just maybe, YOU have outgrown DbD and the level of challenge it can offer you from normal players. Maybe if you accepted that premise you would understand how calling for nerfs on any killer that isn't low tier isn't kosher with other killer players.

You wanted Nurse nerfed, you want Huntress nerfed, you want Spirit nerfed. I'm sure once survivors start losing to Freddy and Billy again you'll call them OP as well because they aren't as difficult to succeed with as others. I assert you'll do so because you have the tiles memorized to the point that 9 out of 10 survivors you face, who do not, will go down to you with a perkless killer. Any killer. But that goes back to my initial response to you. Most of us do not want the game boiled down to who can keep up the most optimal path through the tiles before screwing up. It's linear and boring to those not interested in a tournament style game.

Post edited by Tucking_Friggered on
  • ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115

What does that have to do with anything? The topic is "Spirit is impossible to loop", which I believe is true. Where does VOIP come into play there?

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited October 2019

Spirit isn't any more impossible to loop than Nurse is. Trapper is impossible to loop as long as he has a trap. Hag is impossible to loop. Spirit is just difficult. With bloodlust I guess we could say all killers are after a point impossible to loop. But then when was it established looping the same object over and over was good or necessary? If it were why on earth did they remove infinites? To make it more reasonable?

Then I guess the argument boils down to degree. And that, Scott, is in the realm of subjective opinion. When you and others put Ruin as a perk almost necessary at all times we can assume the gens move too fast. So then where does the logic come from that making delaying through loops the right path to take for any killer?

Additionally, with Ruin being almost universally required, it kind of makes a good argument against your assertion that survivors shouldn't be forced to choose perks based on what killer they have the most difficulty against.

Post edited by Tucking_Friggered on
  • GennyFromTheBlock
    GennyFromTheBlock Member Posts: 113
    edited October 2019

You can list every possible "counter-play" for the Spirit, but the fact remains that counter-play for the Spirit is the equivalent of hiding a coin in one of your hands, putting your hands behind your back, and asking someone to choose which hand has the coin. They should have picked left when they picked right.

When the Spirit was first released, you could hear her phase while in her terror radius. They changed that cuz Killah Mainz cried for the phase sfx to be removed while in the Spirit's TR. If they added that back, that would really help balance her out.

Now the Prayer Beads? Oh, brother!

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589

The only thing that bothers me about Spirit, is the fact that if you injured, you are you can't run from her. Its not even coin flip for you... Its straight JackPot for her.

Most Spirits use Stridor, so your Iron Will won't help you. You can't just walk away when she's phasing, cause she can hear you.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

Why are you looping a killer that's countered by stealth?

• 6yXJI0
  • jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204

Look, spirit is boring to play against if the spirit knows what she is doing. She has less counters than Nurse. You can rush her, okay maybe, but in chase you last 2-3 phases if she has headsets.

The thing is Spirit is actually very easy to play.

• jordirex

If the Spirit has headsets the survivor skill doesn't matter, you could be an average player or the best survivor with 10k hours, both are going to last the same. Which is unfair, boring and stupid.

Any player that I consider profficient in the survivor side defends that she has no counters.

• jordirex

All the killers you mentioned have counters.

Trapper: m1 killer if you know where the traps are, he has no traps, or you simply didn't get caught on one yet.

Hag: Heavily countered by SWF and OOO, m1 slow killer while no traps, if you trigger one there are still possible mindgames to do.

Nurse: Make her lose the line of sight with you, put distance, fake directions, etc, etc.

Spirit: No data available

• harry14141414
    harry14141414 Member Posts: 356

you can still outplay her

with spirit shes slow she relies on mindgames

and give the fact that shes not the only person with a MIND

I think shes not impossible to outplay.. looping her is a bad idea ( specially if shes a good killer ) but that does not mean you MUST go down instantly cause shes is hard to loop

you gotta learn how to take good pathings

watch some good survivor streams.. you'll see even in rank 1 they run a spirit pretty good.

• MemberBerry
    MemberBerry Member Posts: 394

Oh no she can't be bullied oh the horror.

• Kimura
    Kimura Member Posts: 40

The only way to play against a spirit is to "Git Gud". Don't whine about how hard it is to loop her when she was meant to stop looping. Git gud, learn to mindgame her, recognize when she's probably phasing or faking it, sneak to a place where you'll most likely be hidden if she phases out near you, don't go for obvious places like jungle gyms and pallets. If you're hurt, stay on the move, act unpredictable, and be ready to use pallets or juke. Eventually she'll lose you if you sneak hard enough, if you haven't seen her in a while. Be careful about how you do gens until she's confirmed chasing someone. You know how I know all this? I got gud.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

And there is the difference. You actually offered suggestions as to what to do. They didn't. Saying git gud and nothing else is useless and annoying.

• WickedKatz
    WickedKatz Member Posts: 238

Look, you dont loop a spirit. Just throw pallets on her, it blocks her phasing. Perks like Quick and Quiet, Lithe, Iron Will and other help you juke her and are awesome against other killers. If you dont take the first hit, she cant do anything against you with her phase walk. To play against her, you gotta have played as her, and that is why she is so unique. Avoid Grass, Wood or bushes, they make noise. Avoid tight corners or loops, she has collision. Drop pallets early, it creates a guessing game and most of the times you can use it to juke her into staying on the loop while you leave it. Also, predicting where she will phase to is pretty easy. That is pretty much every easy way to juke her, and i will be happy to send other strategies if you need

• DocSparks
    DocSparks Member Posts: 14

Not really anymore but I just find it unfun on both sides.

• 6yXJI0

Some people can judge her "BALANCE" without even playing against her. Talking about killer mains that do not touch Survivor side.

If Spirit player is semi-good, you will get frustrating and unfun match with no chance of survival.

• HamdaN
    HamdaN Member Posts: 343
    edited October 2019

funny how the people with spirit/noed pics say git gud

• ZahmZaddy
    ZahmZaddy Member Posts: 54

Iron Will is thy friend!

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,734

If you get a swf with OoE, your wraith or pig will get an unfun match with zero chance of more than a 2k (if that)

part of why spirit is gaining popularity is because she can counter a lot of shennanigans from the survivor side, especially due to comms. Its also why she's probably next on the nerfing block after nurse.

• SeducedByDaemonette
    SeducedByDaemonette Member Posts: 300
    edited October 2019

(please delete this comment , didn't mean to quote it)