We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PLZ Fix Borrow Time.

Instead or working in the killer's terror radius, Borrowed time should work within a proximity of the killer because it doesn't work on MANY of the killers. It doesn't work on Freddy, the Pig can just crouch, Wraith can go invisible and Ghost face and activate his ability. All of those things make it useless.

So please make it work according to proximity of killer, not terror radius.

Comments

• BearJaw
    BearJaw Member Posts: 56

Well I'm not in huge disagreement but as far as GF goes it's counterable. I can see Pigs being a problem and Freddy is a full counter. It's an incredibly powerful effect for good loopers though and it helps stop tunneling, well punishes it anyway. Like DS, but that is abusable. I like that some killers can counter it, adds some viability to these killers who mostly underperform.

• PapaBearEnigma
    PapaBearEnigma Member Posts: 3

Yes! 100% Agreed.

I think it should work regardless of being in the actual Terror Radius or not. It should be physical radius of the killers position, proximity of the killer (whether in stealth/cloaked or not). The radius of Borrowed Time working without the Terror Radius should be the average (by killers) Terror Radius cast in meters. Which I believe is 32 meters.

I believe it should ignore Terror Radius therefore completely ignoring Oblivious status effect. The reason I think it should ignore stealth killers is because it's just another mechanic that can be abused. Borrowed Time exist in my opinion to prevent tunneling. That's what it should do every time.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    edited October 2019

Or to let you Body block for the guy that got you off the hook. (Which isnt how you are meant to use it)

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,020

No, literally buffing a perfectly fine perk and nerfing wraith some more

• PapaBearEnigma
    edited October 2019

I guess it's how you want to look at it...

If Survivor 1 is unhooking Survivor 2 and the killer is in the general radius of the hook to proc BT on to Survivor 2, and the killer is waiting for the unhook already back at the hook to down someone (a problem I've seen with this game since I've started playing). If Survivor 1 is hurt should Survivor 2 (the one on the hook initially that will have BT procced) take a hit for him so it's not just an instant cheap shot? I think it should be allowed. I guess how are you supposed to actually used borrowed time if not for helping the unhooking go as safely as possible?

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I suppose, but alot of the time it happens that I hear the unhook, come back and the Unhooked guy (The one that would be getting "Tunneled") Will get in front of me to body block me from the other. Its not "Oh he got in the way at the last moment" it's "I know you can't down me so imma get in your way even though you arnt tunneling me!"

• PapaBearEnigma
    edited October 2019

I understand what you are saying. I'm not one to call camping or tunneling quickly. Unless it's extremely cheesy. I play both killer and survivor and I understand that if a survivor is unhooked you know that at least 2 people are in that area so it would be a waste of time looking for others... but another part of me believes often how it is carried out (which varies from the person who is playing the killer) is cheesy, obnoxious and just really not fun.

I just think there should be more things to counter cheesy plays.

Edit: I also really don't have a problem with a killer proxy camping/camping a survivor on hook after the gens are done and the gates are open. I understand you are securing a kill and there is nothing you can really do by leaving the survivor on the hooks sight because they will more then likely get out when you run to the gate and someone will more then likely unhook the survivor on the hook and now you're completely screwed.

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 446

Yeah no. There needs to be counters so survivors can't get free unhooks in front of killers. They have to learn that doing ######### like that can get your team killed if you improperly use it.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

You are right but there are some situation where the killer can camp and go unpunished. Like Freddy. Freddy can literally hit you in BT, sending you into the dream state, and then watch you go down because “you’re not in the terror radius” and you can’t mend because he’s tunneling you. New BT is old BT against new Freddy and I don’t think that was intended.

• Toxicboii

If Freddy is camping while you are asleep, work on gens, the survivor is gonna be killed anyway. If the killer is tunneling a Survivor effected by BT, then they are wasting time. You CAN play around the uselessness of BT. It ain't impossible. Just unlikely.

If you want to (miraculously) make use of BT. Stay awake at all times. Also: the killer can't camp unpunished, if that were the actual case, then you're not surviving correctly. The killer is punished by not applying pressure while camping. So survivors are free to work on gens.

In a way, I suppose the devs knew what they were doing making survivors oblivious in the dream world. Knew the pros and cons before they put the nerf/buff to him.

• PGJSF

All I’m saying is if Freddy tunnels the survivor affected by BT he’s NOT wasting time because the DW bar will deplete as the survivor is not “in the TR” because he’s Oblivious. That’s like old exploit Legion. And I don’t think it’s supposed to happen.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

It is absolutely supposed to happen.

The devs specifically pointed out the interaction when asked about the change.

• PGJSF

Didn’t know that and it really sucks. It heavily encourages Freddy to tunnel...

• Toxicboii

If freddy tunnels a survivor who got unhooked, right in front of him, that's on you. It's not the killers fault if they're taking advantage of a survivors error. If you unhooked in front of him, you bet your ass he's going for the survivor who got unhooked in front of him.

A move like that is called "farming". And you should know full well unhooking somebody while asleep and while having BT, doesn't do #########.

You are not entitled to free saves, if a survivor dies right after being unhooked by you, that is your own fault.

• PGJSF

So if any killer camps BT can punish him, but if it’s Freddy he has a free kill. Still think it sucks.

I barely play surv btw.