Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Merciless

Options
kone19
kone19 Member Posts: 72
edited October 2019 in Ask the Community

I’m a trophy hunter and have tried to get the adept trophies for the killers but even sacrificing all 4 no dice. I googled for a while and found conflicting information everywhere and not a single word from the actual devs to confirm what it actually entails.

Also I don’t know what PIP means and couldn’t find an explanation for that either that wasn’t also full of shorthand I don’t know so if you’re going to explain please explain acronyms.

Thank you!

Answers

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698
    edited October 2019
    Options

It goes by emblem system now.

The trick is to not kill them right away or fast, and build up in other categories. Such as hunting/chasing deviousness, hooking etc.

Your rank will also determine how much easier or harder it is to double pip. Merciless you need to "double pip". It used to give you merciless by 4k's (killing all 4) but not anymore.

• kone19
    Options

Thank you. That’s almost as bad as exposed then. To get merciless we now have to show mercy.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698
    Options

Yeah. It is pretty messed up in a way. You have to take the time to "play with your food' lol...

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@kone19

Sadly, it's not as simple as killing all 4 Survivors with a ebony mori anymore... The game requires you to have a really perfect game while killing all 4 Survivors to get a Merciless Killer.

You'll need to focus on any things like winning chases, generator protection for more than 2 minutes, hitting Survivors constantly, and hooking them through every stage. That means if someone DCs mid-match or just suicides on the hook, than the Adept attempt is over... and you'll have to try again on finding a suitable match up with Survivors that won't just give up.

Another thing to keep in mind, the emblem system likes to contradict itself on many points, yes the game wants you to have short and fast chases, but it's actually hypocritical and is more beneficial if the chases are in between being long and short... It wants you to get the two hits on the Survivor, while having the chase be a decent length to rack up hunter points (chase points) and than down them on the 2nd hit to hook them.

It's important to constantly hit people as the Killer when going for an Adept, it counts towards the chaser emblem and that emblem is the worst of them all when it comes to an Adept run, it wants you to constantly damage Survivors while also working towards hooking them on every stage AND protecting your generators for 2 minutes+ (That means having no generators finished for 2 minutes, or at least have them last for 1 minute and 30 seconds is also acceptable... But the best results is 2 minutes+)

It's in-general a tough challenge, especially on Killers like The Plague that have powers which can cause Survivors to eventually be one shot... but you also need to get both hits or hit them constantly as The Plague... so its kind of contradicting towards several powers, like Myers exposed effect and GhostFaces... It wants you to get Tier lll Myers to level up deviousness, but it doesn't want the chase to instantly end...

GhostFace is easier cause you can go into NightShroud mode and just hit them for a "Silent Stab" mid-chase.

• kone19
    Options

Thank you that helps a lot. Any suggestions for the classic killers? I’m working on the platinum before branching to the DLC

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@kone19

Trappers tricky, he requires a lot of forward thinking and its especially hard when he doesn't have Ruin to aid in his set-ups. You'll have to just brute force it before you even begin trapping loops, each loop must be trapped well, but in this case with only 3 perks, you should do it when someone is on a hook to apply pressure to the team and keep them off generators.

Wraith is just pure M1, you'll need to focus more on mind-gaming in chases like Trapper, as the best you can do is the regular M1 attacks with some added stealth. He's one of the weaker Killers, so it's kind of difficult depending on the rank.

Billy is easier than those two, his chainsaw can be out fitted with simple grey add-ons (Spark Plug + Cooking Oil) which are more than enough to one shot people and apply massive pressure, he doesn't really need much explaining besides maybe looking up a tutorial on how to effectively use his chainsaw (It depends on the rank btw.)

And Nurse isn't really "classic" but I'll add her as well. Nurse is a learning curve with her power, and this will be even harder when they roll out her nerf in 4 days, you should do her first and DEFINITELY look up a video on how to use her effectively... Even being decent with her can go a long way, and will overall be an... experience.

Here's a Nurse video that i'd like to recommend.

This guide made by Ardetha is one of the better guides to follow, this will give you solid tips and add-on builds as well as perk builds.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Ah, alright so I'm the person to talk to about the Adept Achievements. (I literally almost have all the survivor ones... and I have The Pig and Myers' Achievement)

So, to get Merciless Killer you need 2 pips.

To get these 2 pips you can either be proficient in all Emblems:

Or you can get proficient in 2 emblems and get 2 gold emblems:

Here's what The Killer's emblems mean:

GateKeeper/Deviousness:

Devout/Sacrifice:

Malicious/Brutality:

Chaser/Hunting:

So... Now let's get to the pips...

Pips award points like so:

For the points they all get totaled up to see how many Pips you get for ranking:

So in this case, if you want to get your achievement for the killer easily. Play at low rank as you get 2 pips fairly easily.

Hopefully this helps!

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218
    Options

Things have changed...does "entity displeased" even exist anymore? I've intentionally done absolutely nothing in a match, hiding in basement as Myers...and gotten brutal killer??

Just asking...mind you this is not how I play, just an experiment 🤔