We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

We’re Gonna Live Forever Ava. Bbq

So as we all know, bbq and chili not only gives you a boost in blood points if you hook a survivor but also shows a survivors aura for 3/4/5 seconds. I personally love the perk bbq and chili and I have played both killer and survivor and I find the perk fun to use and to be up against. I think it would be amazing if wglf had a boost as well, like maybe as soon as you unhook a survivor the survivor unhooked can see the killers aura for 3/4/5 seconds so that they don’t go towards the killer. Another idea is if it shows all the gens, hooks, and totems within a 6/8/10 meter range when unhooked for 3/4/5 seconds. Let me know your guys thoughts and if you think this would be a good idea or not! Thanks for taking your time to read this.

Comments

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914

No. It would be too strong because every one of the 4 survivors could run it.

Also, how could the killer counter it? Survivors can hide behind gens, in lockers, in range etc. but killer can not hide!

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Yeah... sadly this would be WAY too broken

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

That's almost the equivalent of four daily rituals in one match. That would make it insanely difficult to get all four stacks, and it's enough of a challenge as it is.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

What if the killer was shown to each of you and the person unhooked for 4 seconds kinda like a reversed bbq

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

That's just babysitter again.

I'm all for giving WGLF a benefit but I don't like this specific one.

• Ni7rogen
    Ni7rogen Member Posts: 80

My idea is while you're unhooking a survivor, cannot get grabbed by the killer, nor cancel the animation if taking damage.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698

I get that people want to be "FAIR", they see BBQ does 2 things! Points + auras! WGLF on the survivor side should also do 2 things!... but that isn't really balanced.

Killer gets 4 perks. That's it. Survivors get 4 perks per each survivor. (4 survivors with 4 perks each).

You're never going to get this game to be "fair". Killers have knives... Survivors won't also be able to stab the killer anytime soon... However you can get the game more balanced. So BBQ shows auras, but not if you are in a locker. Got distortion? That works too, AND you know the killer has BBQ with using it as well, so when tokens run out you can know you need to hide etc.

I don't mind that WGLF is only points, but I don't mind the idea of them changing it, but it has to be more balanced than getting to see the killer, there are quite a few of get to see the killer perks already especially. Which not all Killers are able to counter those AT all. Not all killers have undetectable etc.

• NuclearBurrito

You're missing the point.

BBQ does 1 thing and also helps with progression.

But balance only cares about the aura, not the points since those are meaningless in terms of balance.

So WGLF is equivalent to an empty perk slot at the moment. Thus adding any effect makes it just equivalent to literally any other perk.

• Blackowt_9120
    Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300

Maybe they can could merge wglf with some other useless perk no one ever uses

• HellCatJane

@NuclearBurrito Dev's cared enough about points to consider farming bannable. I think they were worried about balancing BP, hence they capped it at 1 million BP max.

I don't see WGLF as an empty perk slot. I see it as giving bonus points in lieu of another perk. It's on people to determine if more points are worth that slot, or if they want something else.

I already said I don't mind the perk as it is, and I also don't mind them adding something to it. However, more aura readings for survivors, I don't agree with. Not when there is still OoO. The dev's mentioned already they plan on redoing the "lesser" used perks, perhaps they will combine it with one of those instead. Who knows.

• NuclearBurrito

Like I said, the specific effect isn't what I support. But the idea of having an effect beyond points is a good one.

If you want to say that the aura reading wouldn't be good then ok sure that's fine. But that doesn't mean the perk shouldn't do SOMETHING.

Also farming isn't bannable.

• HellCatJane

@NuclearBurrito I disagree. I think the perk does do something. It adds extra points.. lol. I get you want it to add value to the actual gameplay, like during the game. But I still don't consider it a blank perk slot.

Pretty sure farming is bannable, I thought the dev's or someone mentioned that.. especially with evidence of it at least, but I could be mistaken. I'd like to find out, did a dev explicitly state that somewhere? I know it definitely is if someone dies or can be considered "being griefed". (Aka someone can't participate in the farm). I thought it was considered working with the killer which is bannable.

• Impact
    Impact Member Posts: 89

Allow me to arbitrate in this stand-off between @HellCatJane and @NuclearBurrito, by suggesting that WGLF should do SOMETHING TO HELP MYSELF AND/OR OTHER SURVIVORS TO SURVIVE (as opposed to just doing SOMETHING).

I'll admit that I've been struggling to survive in this game recently and feel I need all the help I can get. So there's no way I'll take a perk that provides no help whatsoever when it comes down to my main goal: surviving.

It seems absurd that playing killer typically yields more BP than survivor and tons more with BBQ + Chili.

The term We're Gonna Live Forever implies some kind of promise of surviving - but it is a false hope from an almost useless perk. It should do something to help my teammate survive. That could be hiding the hooked survivor's aura, grunts of pain or scratch marks for several seconds.

There's already lots of weak perks nobody uses in this game. I like the idea of some of these being combined to make them useful and to alleviate the bloodweb grind. How about merging WGLF with Breakdown or Baby Sitter?

• HellCatJane

@Impact I don't consider debate/discussion a stand off. Back and forth talks are usually explaining people's side for understanding etc.

As I've already mentioned tho, the dev's are changing some of the lesser used perks, and may also combine this with another. Another aura perk tho, I think is unnecessary.

• NuclearBurrito

It sounds like we agree where it counts.

Some secondary effect is good.

Specifically aura reading maybe not.

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234

Not really, no.

First of all, dailies focus on one thing, eg. repair the equivalent of 3 full gens.

Secondly, these are just things you should automatically always be able to do in a match, if you can't, then oof...

• Fibijean

I know that dailies focus on one activity - hence why I said that your suggestion of four different activation requirements was like four dailies in one. But to be fair, as you say, dailies are typically a bit more difficult than one generator, so it would be more accurate to say that your suggestion is the equivalent of half of four different dailies in one match, which is still an unnecessarily difficult bar to clear.

I'm guessing that you either don't play much survivor, or play super efficiently at top ranks. Either way, you seem a bit out of touch with what is actually achievable for the average survivor. Most people don't complete a full generator and rescue and teammate and heal someone to full health and get chased for 60 seconds in a single match. It sounds reasonable in theory, but in practice it just doesn't work that way for most players. Survivors don't get many bloodpoints as it is, there's no need to make it even more difficult than it already is for them to use a perk that boosts their earnings.

• then4321

Well, I can say you hit the nail on the head. I play both killer and survivor at high ranks and in my experience, an efficient team consists of players that can contribute adequately in all areas or excel in some. Playing with people that can handle a bit of everything is better than someone putting on wglf as it is now and playing overly altruistic.

Also, the change would help the average player become more versed, naturally rank them up and grow to be an above average, or even expert survivor.

I didn't say all four players in every match will get four pips with the new change, but with how it is now, I can't think of a single game where all four players maxed out wglf, now that would be damn near impossible.

• Fibijean
    edited October 2019

I never said anything about all four survivors, either. I've yet to see a match, even during bloodhunt events, where all four are running WGLF. It's not an extremely common perk. My point was simply that there's no reason to make the activation conditions more difficult. It's okay to have perks that stronly encourage particular playstyles - in fact, I would even go so far as to say that it's vastly preferable to the alternative. I will always maintain that variety in gameplay is far more important than efficiency.

• Cig
    Cig Member Posts: 33

WGLF absolutely need to do something. It's horribly unfair to the survivors.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593

How about we add this?

When unhooking a survivor, you and the unhooked survivor gain a 5/6/7% haste status effect for 10 seconds.

So it's like a short duration Hope. Would really help with basement unhooks, I think.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,982

BBQ And we're gonna live forever should be 200%

• then4321

Your opinion, but an opinion nonetheless. It's good that you said all of that. It helps show the difference of what people like and disregard. After all, variety may not win all the time, but it sure as heck keeps us away from tedium ;)

• then4321

This is actually not a bad idea, as long as it doesn't stack with Hope.